THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arseofacrow

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Redsonja wrote:Just want to start another season without getting wound up like a coil about Le Boss but guess that's not going to happen. I can toughen up and overlook quite a few choice Wenger 'things' but what really shreds my head is not putting players on the posts during free kicks. I want our BFG to point at the posts and make them stay there. Remember Flamini a couple of seasons ago getting hold of Walcott's shoulders and plonking him in the box where he should be - great stuff. Hoping Cech will take command of his line and do some post pointing in future because he'll have a red mini bus in front of him from now on.
Oh God. :|

No offence, mate, but did you also think Song was a brilliant tackler? :lol: :roll: Captain Stupid Flamoney waving his arms and yelling at people never once stopped us conceding from a free kick or corner. The fucking idiot would be so busy giving it the large one he'd invariably forget to actually try and intercept the ball himself or he'd drift off the man he was marking (before we went to that zonal chaos shite). How many times did we see him pointing at someone else as an oppo player ran right by him with the ball? The fucking idiot. :roll:

I'm all for leaders on the pitch that lead and direct those around them (Tony Adams step forward 8) ) but I can't believe there are still fans that think Captain Stupid waving his arms and yelling and pointing was in some way effective. It wasn't. It was all show. :roll:
Yanking DB10's chain, as BG once said

:lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redsonja wrote:Just want to start another season without getting wound up like a coil about Le Boss but guess that's not going to happen. I can toughen up and overlook quite a few choice Wenger 'things' but what really shreds my head is not putting players on the posts during free kicks. I want our BFG to point at the posts and make them stay there. Remember Flamini a couple of seasons ago getting hold of Walcott's shoulders and plonking him in the box where he should be - great stuff. Hoping Cech will take command of his line and do some post pointing in future because he'll have a red mini bus in front of him from now on.

No offence, mate, but did you also think Song was a brilliant tackler? :lol: :roll: Captain Stupid Flamoney waving his arms and yelling at people never once stopped us conceding from a free kick or corner. The fucking idiot would be so busy giving it the large one he'd invariably forget to actually try and intercept the ball himself or he'd drift off the man he was marking (before we went to that zonal chaos shite). How many times did we see him pointing at someone else as an oppo player ran right by him with the ball? The fucking idiot. :roll:

I'm all for leaders on the pitch that lead and direct those around them (Tony Adams step forward 8) ) but I can't believe there are still fans that think Captain Stupid waving his arms and yelling and pointing was in some way effective. It wasn't. It was all show. :roll:

:lol:

And quite the dirty little chain yanker he was! :-P

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

OneBardGooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Not arsenal related but Nigel Pearson has just got the sack from Leicester
He would make a very decent number 2 for us..... Can you imagine the sound bites from post match interviews..

The Ostrich had his hand brake on......

I strangled the oppositions player because I have been in football for over 30 years.....

We were a little bit tentative so I told the fans behind me to fuckk off....

(no emoticons were used in the typing of this post)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
I thought he was popping his shoulder back in tbf. ....

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
I thought he was popping his shoulder back in tbf. ....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ha ha........ yes i bet they still conceded from the corner as well

sauberlime

Post by sauberlime »

Good for you then. :) Image

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I'll judge him in May :barscarf: :barscarf:

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

flash gunner wrote:I'll judge him in May :barscarf: :barscarf:
A 3rd consecutive FA Cup and bit distant 2nd place league finish it shall be.

Progress. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

The Cups have bought him time and dampened the groans , but this season he will have to deliver !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol:

And quite the dirty little chain yanker he was! :-P

:shock: Eh!? so you're admitting BG once gave you a hand job???

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:The Cups have bought him time and dampened the groans , but this season he will have to deliver !

I agree, but sadly the sheeple AKB's will still accept and praise him even if we win fuck all and end up getting the VT... :? :banghead:

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

I would rather no FA cup next season and finish second but actually challenge and be near the top the whole year than win the FA cup and finish 3rd or fourth.

Am I crazy?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:I would rather no FA cup next season and finish second but actually challenge and be near the top the whole year than win the FA cup and finish 3rd or fourth.

Am I crazy?
Yes. 8)

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

DB10GOONER wrote:
bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:I would rather no FA cup next season and finish second but actually challenge and be near the top the whole year than win the FA cup and finish 3rd or fourth.

Am I crazy?
Yes. 8)
:lol: damn