The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I am so glad Wenger and Kroenke have missed out on doubling their cash on the travesty of the on off transfer to Man City...
After all we do not see the cryptocurrency, and let's face it the egotistical dictator would have pissed it up the wall as he as always done with near every transfer window...
Sanchez has done it the right way, he can negotiate directly with any club and make Wenger and Kroenke look a right couple of old tossers along with that Gazidis Law and Chips whatever the fuck his name is!
Wenger played hardball and got fucked by Sanchez, this has made my day, actually it has made my fucking decade of watching that bastard fuck things up and get lucky, no luck now.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Without looking too deeply, the Oxlade soup saga of paying him OTT wages as an impact sub for most of his career here was quite an eye opener until Liverpool said you have to take a drop in wages if you want to come here you Southern Softee!
Just confirms what most of us knew, Wenger has given lucrative contracts to fodder, and when it comes to top talent like Sanchez he fucking penny pinches, this transfer window has showed one thing, he has had to reduce the wage bill and he thought he was clever with Sanchez, up until Lemar fucked him right up his starfish..... :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

General wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 am
As usual, the media has whipped the fans into a frenzy making people believe that the lack of transfer activity spells disaster when in reality the problems go deeper than that. Wonga has no coherent squad building strategy and he won't even play the ones he bought in the summer in the most important game of the season. The club is frightened by an out of control wage bill and their sole objective this summer was to bring it down which they've managed to achieve whiles making a profit in the transfer market. Kroenke is going to be mightily pleased and unless we get dragged into a relegation battle, the fraud is going nowhere. He has cite many mitigating factors to justify any disaster that might emerge in the coming months.

Our season now solely hinges on how well we do at home because this squad is simply not good enough to consistently pick points away from home. You won't go creating a negative atmosphere are home now will you?

Absolutely - this is the ideal time to kick up an almighty fuss at home games, and it is a time where the vast majority present will join in. Can you imagine what the reaction would be if we went behind or even lost (not a fear of it happening btw) at home to Bournemouth next week ? Wenker, the board and the players would be lucky to escape with their lives such would be the anger.
Nice to see that some fans are concerned about how a negative atmosphere at home games might affect our pussy players - don't upset them in case it puts them off their game :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 am
Why do i have the feeling the Stan/Arsene conversation about contract renewal was along the lines of:

SK: 'Arsene you've lost me £40M CL money, can you make it back'

AW: 'Of course Stan, transfer window is just around the corner'

SK: 'Ok Arsene you can keep your job if you balance the books'
Yeah I think that was about it, not one mention of actual demands for on the field success, just make me my money back and they'll be a little bonus in if for you!.

Arsene loves the club though, sorry did I say club I mean't to say company :roll:

Arsene Stanley PLC Inc LLP

NickF

Post by NickF »

So to sum up, we put in a few fake bids (Mbappe and Lemar) to look like we are a big club. We made a transfer profit but we will face the very real prospect of losing arguably our two best players (Ozil and Alexis) for nothing.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I was always taught to have the reddies in the bank before buying goodies...
Wenger obviously does the opposite.... :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:24 am
So to sum up, we put in a few fake bids (Mbappe and Lemar) to look like we are a big club. We made a transfer profit but we will face the very real prospect of losing arguably our two best players (Ozil and Alexis) for nothing.
Arsene PLC - bringing business to a football ground near you! :barscarf:

:suicide:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:23 am
The funniest thing for me is we have gone from being a football club that dabbled in business to being a business that dabbles in football... and is absolutely shite at doing business! :lol: :oops: :lol:

Ah yes, but we're also shite at "doing" football ! In fact, is there anything we're not shite at ??!

:? :suicide:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Love the post transfer deadline rumours :lol:

Supposedly Sanchez had signed the deal with Shitty but Arsene pulled the plug :rubchin:

Now rumours that Barcawhores may bid for Ozil, as unlikely as that is could you imagine the dressing room atmosphere if Ozil goes and Sanchez is stuck here until at least January :twisted:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 am

Supposedly Sanchez had signed the deal with Shitty but Arsene pulled the plug :rubchin:

Now rumours that Barcawhores may bid for Ozil, as unlikely as that is could you imagine the dressing room atmosphere if Ozil goes and Sanchez is stuck here until at least January :twisted:
[/quote

if ozil does go they are going to have to mention it in the press conference before every game for the next six months to remind us he has actually has left for good and not just disappeared for his usual 90 mins a week, if DB10 doesn't like this comment was that's just too bad :D

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

greengooner wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:40 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 am

[/quote

if ozil does go they are going to have to mention it in the press conference before every game for the next six months to remind us he has actually has left for good and not just disappeared for his usual 90 mins a week, if DB10 doesn't like this comment was that's just too bad :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10 is far more upset that GG still can't fucking quote properly after almost 10 fucking YEARS!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :censored:

:lol: :wink:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

I know.........you heard me the first time :D

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:42 am
DB10 is far more upset that GG still can't fucking quote properly after almost 10 fucking YEARS!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :censored:

:lol: :wink:
:D I feckin knew you'd say that

General

Post by General »

augie wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:08 am
General wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 am
As usual, the media has whipped the fans into a frenzy making people believe that the lack of transfer activity spells disaster when in reality the problems go deeper than that. Wonga has no coherent squad building strategy and he won't even play the ones he bought in the summer in the most important game of the season. The club is frightened by an out of control wage bill and their sole objective this summer was to bring it down which they've managed to achieve whiles making a profit in the transfer market. Kroenke is going to be mightily pleased and unless we get dragged into a relegation battle, the fraud is going nowhere. He has cite many mitigating factors to justify any disaster that might emerge in the coming months.

Our season now solely hinges on how well we do at home because this squad is simply not good enough to consistently pick points away from home. You won't go creating a negative atmosphere are home now will you?

Absolutely - this is the ideal time to kick up an almighty fuss at home games, and it is a time where the vast majority present will join in. Can you imagine what the reaction would be if we went behind or even lost (not a fear of it happening btw) at home to Bournemouth next week ? Wenker, the board and the players would be lucky to escape with their lives such would be the anger.
Nice to see that some fans are concerned about how a negative atmosphere at home games might affect our pussy players - don't upset them in case it puts them off their game :roll:
I'm not sure whther you missed the subtlety in my last point. Wonga will blame another annus horriblis on the negativity at home games which is now an almost certainty. We played in a very difficult atmosphere blah blah blah, and the media won't call him out for it.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Lemars agent
" Arsene will he get regular first team starts, in his correct position" " and what are your ambitions for the club"
Wenker
" Err..........look i dont know!"
End of debate.. :banghead:
Thats how it probably would have happened. No fucker with half a brain cell wants to play for Wenger.
Ox escaped, he did the right thing!