Burnley (H) | PL | Sun 22 Jan 14:15

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Burnley (H) | PL | Sun 22 Jan 14:15

Post by Bradywasking »

g88ner wrote:
greengooner wrote:How many penalties have we conceded this season?, it's just unreal!
Not just penalties but dumb, totally avoidable penalties where the goal threat was non-existant!

Think xhaka's push and elbow penalties, koscielny's needless trip on dembele and coq kicking barnes. Can't remember the others off the top of my head.

All were penalties out of nothing. Utter gifts!
Monreal was guilty of a few also, stupid fouls often when danger was at a minimum.. Arsenal need an experienced defender as Wenger's assistant to coach the defence... Oh wait... :rubchin:

Clash

Post by Clash »

REB wrote:
Clash wrote:
Wilson wrote:Ramsey is 7 goals in his last 56 appearances. Truly overrated player with a misguided sense of his own abilities.

Almost fucked it up, which would have been typical.

But im not surprised we had to settle for a forced victory at home to Burnley, as Ramsey;s inclusion in the team makes us os poorer overall.

The only reason I put of with Theo, is he gets among the goals. The whole reason Ramsey became a 'top player' was a years back he started to score almost every second week. However, as states, he has scored only 7 goals in the past two seasons, so whats his purpose? Cant believe we loaned out Wilshere and kept Ramsey.
I take it you wasnt impressed by Ramsey's attempt at the Scorpion? It was only a matter of time before that showboating fucker tried it out.
give the guy a break, there was nothing else on , ball was behind him, thought he had a good game yesterday tbh.
Nothing else on ?? :) Really? Nothing else on but the option of trying the scorpion kick?

In the history of watching Arsenal I had never even seen an attempt at a scorpion kick until Giroud's one ... but then just days later the clubs biggest show-boater (who has probably laid awake at night dreaming of his own miraculous effort) just happens to be in position where there was nothing else on ?!

I'm sorry but I don't believe in coincidences.

Far more likely is that Ramsey and his partner in crime (that prancing, ponce Giroud) have been working at setting each other up for these attention seeking glory moments .... as we saw in the first half with Ramsey's totally unnecessary Rabona cross and Giroud's equally unnecessary attempt at an overhead kick when he could have just headed it :roll: .

An yes I'm a miserable bastard ... :D :wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I've just seen the stats from the game and I think it says something about our style of play that Burnley had more shots on target than we did with only 30% possession.

We either can't attack very well or can't defend very well, ...... though there may be a third option.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:Now that I'm a half dozen pints into my evening's drinking I'd like to make the following points -

The positives -

Kudos to the linesman for giving the penalty at the death because fatty was giving jack shit for that.

How great is it to beat some shit no marks in the 97th minute seconds after they think they've rescued something outta the game.

With that being his second sending off shit for brains is banned for the next 4 matches.

Wenger is going to get a touch line ban which means we are going to see an Arsenal dugout without him this season. I thought we had to wait for next season for that :wink:

The negatives -

To counter one of the positives from above, the only down side to less game time for shit for brains is more game time for Sir Flicks-a-Lot. He truly is utter gash.

If we ever get to a penalty shoot out we may as well just concede because helmet head ain't ever saving one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
REB wrote:
Clash wrote:
Wilson wrote:Ramsey is 7 goals in his last 56 appearances. Truly overrated player with a misguided sense of his own abilities.

Almost fucked it up, which would have been typical.

But im not surprised we had to settle for a forced victory at home to Burnley, as Ramsey;s inclusion in the team makes us os poorer overall.

The only reason I put of with Theo, is he gets among the goals. The whole reason Ramsey became a 'top player' was a years back he started to score almost every second week. However, as states, he has scored only 7 goals in the past two seasons, so whats his purpose? Cant believe we loaned out Wilshere and kept Ramsey.
I take it you wasnt impressed by Ramsey's attempt at the Scorpion? It was only a matter of time before that showboating fucker tried it out.
give the guy a break, there was nothing else on , ball was behind him, thought he had a good game yesterday tbh.
Nothing else on ?? :) Really? Nothing else on but the option of trying the scorpion kick?

In the history of watching Arsenal I had never even seen an attempt at a scorpion kick until Giroud's one ... but then just days later the clubs biggest show-boater (who has probably laid awake at night dreaming of his own miraculous effort) just happens to be in position where there was nothing else on ?!

I'm sorry but I don't believe in coincidences.

Far more likely is that Ramsey and his partner in crime (that prancing, ponce Giroud) have been working at setting each other up for these attention seeking glory moments .... as we saw in the first half with Ramsey's totally unnecessary Rabona cross and Giroud's equally unnecessary attempt at an overhead kick when he could have just headed it :roll: .

An yes I'm a miserable bastard ... :D :wink:

I Blame Wenger! :evil:

Clash

Post by Clash »

OneBardGooner wrote:
I Blame Wenger! :evil:
Thank you, me too :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Xhaka :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fuck me, the geezer is such an absolute fucking dickhead he makes Flamini and Coquelin look like the Responsible Twins. What does he actually do well? A half decent left foot shot against Championship standard oppo that stand off him and give him all the time in the world.......wow, I'm sure there's players in the National League who could do that given half the chance

This is our third most expensive signing in history - just a few mil less than what Alexis cost. Paceless, gormless, worse in possession than Ramsey (some achievement that), all the grace of Stepanovs in his pomp, shit at tackling and unable to trap a bag of cement. Other than that - he's fucking marvellous

Our scouting team supposedly watched this bloke 30 times or more - must have had shit in their eyes or accidently picked the wrong brother.

And people doubt whether its worth signing Santi back on or whether JW has a future here? Fuck me, I'd rather have David Hiller plodding around than this useless tool. Actually looking forward to him being out of the team now, braindead c.unt

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Right about the scorpion kick. With it being in the news due to Micktarthian (cant spell his name) and Giroud scorpion goals, Ramsey is thinking being such a brilliant player myself, I need to get in on the action to get some good press.

He has it so wrong. He showed promise when he kept it simple, but when he decided he wanted to play like Ronaldinho, his game went south hard. Wenger did nothing to iron it out, and as a result Ramsey is now a lost cause.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Wilson wrote:Right about the scorpion kick. With it being in the news due to Micktarthian (cant spell his name) and Giroud scorpion goals, Ramsey is thinking being such a brilliant player myself, I need to get in on the action to get some good press.

He has it so wrong. He showed promise when he kept it simple, but when he decided he wanted to play like Ronaldinho, his game went south hard. Wenger did nothing to iron it out, and as a result Ramsey is now a lost cause.
I concur,this is why when he plays for Wales (Coleman probably tells him to keep it simple) he is so much more effective than he is with us.