Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: Wenger Out protests

Post by markyp »

good luck to everyone going tomorrow to protest,no doubt the protest will go better than the game WENGER OUT!!!!

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

shu wrote:And before you say we are all together in wanting wenger out , i think we are still very much in the minority
78% of fans in the Supporters' Trust want him out. They may not all protest, but we should acknowledge that the vast majority of Arsenal fans do want him gone.

augie

Post by augie »

shu wrote:
BFG4 wrote:The logic of not wanting to protest because it's a cup semi-final is beyond me. That means on one hand, you want Wenger gone, but on the other, you see the FA cup as more important. Couldn't it then be argued, that a manager who potentially could win a 3rd FA cup in 4 years(and would be his 7th overall) , is in line with your ambitions.
No i just think that tomorrow the support will be very pro Arsenal as it is a semi final. A day of togetherness . And before you say we are all together in wanting wenger out , i think we are still very much in the minority . I wouldnt mind betting that the wenger out bus gets dogs abuse !!

You cant honestly still believe that do you ?? :shock: :shock: Surely you have enough awareness to realise that those not protesting are not necessarily pro-wenger ? I have zero doubts that the majority of the fanbase would want to see a new manager in place for next season, but there are a large number of those fans that rightly or wrongly (very much wrongly :wink: ) don't feel a protest is respectful to wenker :roll:

armchair

Post by armchair »

I've seen and heard enough to know that the majority want a new manager next season.

Just because some supporters dont like to protest about it doesnt mean they support him.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Just to add to the above, Memz who many probably know from various podcast did a twitter poll about AW. Out of 1.5k replies, 15% wanted him to stay, 40% wanted him out with protest and 45% wanted him out but would not protest.

Also, as someone who has done banners inside the ground, we have had very little resistance compared to last year.

IMO, I would say it is now the majority that want him gone.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
shu wrote:And before you say we are all together in wanting wenger out , i think we are still very much in the minority
78% of fans in the Supporters' Trust want him out. They may not all protest, but we should acknowledge that the vast majority of Arsenal fans do want him gone.
Absolutely. Even a few months ago I wouldn't have said that the majority were Wenger Out by any means, but when a group like AST (who you would expect to be far more pro-Wenger than the average) returning results like that then it's hard to argue.

Actually the mere fact that the AST surveyed their members on the issue at all would have been unthinkable until very recently.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

northbank123 wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Absolutely. Even a few months ago I wouldn't have said that the majority were Wenger Out by any means, but when a group like AST (who you would expect to be far more pro-Wenger than the average) returning results like that then it's hard to argue.

Actually the mere fact that the AST surveyed their members on the issue at all would have been unthinkable until very recently.
Keep up the good work everybody.....the tide is surely turning.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

armchair wrote:I've seen and heard enough to know that the majority want a new manager next season.

Just because some supporters dont like to protest about it doesnt mean they support him.
Brilliant logic....

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

LaughingGooner wrote:
armchair wrote:I've seen and heard enough to know that the majority want a new manager next season.

Brilliant logic....

Bit difficult to follow the logic, was it mate ? Whether you agree or not, Armchair's comment is perfectly logical. Like most akb's, you appear to have a problem separating opinion from logic.

By the way, please be sure to come on here at 5 o'clock tomorrow and let us all know how hard you're laughing.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Good news regarding the bus Xisstential, thank you for the effort you are putting in on all this and I can testify to the problems you've had in getting the bus arranged. Your work is appreciated.

Sadly, I can't make it for the bus tomorrow and having been involved in all the other efforts (except for Conley), I'm sorry to be missing it. It will be a blast and good luck to all the guys who'll be there. Give 'em hell.

armchair

Post by armchair »

#WengerOut battlebus ready for ..........

Wembley, Wembley :barscarf:

Last edited by armchair on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armchair

Post by armchair »

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Great work lads!

Is there a 4th place trophy banner?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

armchair wrote:#WengerOut battlebus ready for ..........

Wembley, Wembley :barscarf:

Nice work !

Despite the differences of opinion on Kroenke, I hope it all goes to plan and gets a lot of publicity. Defeat today and the old twat is right up on the ropes so the more airtime this battle bus gets the better

RobG

Post by RobG »

Looks Great ! :barscarf: Don't forget the diesel. :D