ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by SydneyGooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:14 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:41 pm
With strong rumours suggesting we're signing Sami Khedeira does Ozil have any world class CB mates that wouldn,t mind joining him at The Arsenal??
Kolasinac, Mustafi, Khedeira...
Varane is good friends with him but what we are not friends with is his £500m price tag. :banghead: :banghead:

Boateng and Sule are also good friends, but the shambles that Bayern is in, doubt they'd wanna shift them since they already sent Hummels back to BVB.

Looks like Mesut is making the wrong type of phone calls :cry:
What are your thoughts on Jonathan Tah at Bayer Leverkusen? Could he be somebody we could get for around £30-£40 million? He was rated very highly at one stage with caps for Germany and is still quite young at 23. He and Saliba would make for a monstrous young centre back pairing with both being 6'5. :box:

augie

Post by augie »

This is hardly a possibility is it :?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... fer-latest

If you are a genuine born and bred Gooner, who has spent the last month pushing to join your boyhood club, would you then join their hated rivals once your "dream move" doesn't happen :?

Wouldnt be a proper Gooner imo if that happened now

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:53 am
Rian1 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:14 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:41 pm
With strong rumours suggesting we're signing Sami Khedeira does Ozil have any world class CB mates that wouldn,t mind joining him at The Arsenal??
Kolasinac, Mustafi, Khedeira...
Varane is good friends with him but what we are not friends with is his £500m price tag. :banghead: :banghead:

Boateng and Sule are also good friends, but the shambles that Bayern is in, doubt they'd wanna shift them since they already sent Hummels back to BVB.

Looks like Mesut is making the wrong type of phone calls :cry:
What are your thoughts on Jonathan Tah at Bayer Leverkusen? Could he be somebody we could get for around £30-£40 million? He was rated very highly at one stage with caps for Germany and is still quite young at 23. He and Saliba would make for a monstrous young centre back pairing with both being 6'5. :box:
Tah is a fine defender; quick off the block, strong, tall but lacks awareness which is probably due to age and the fact that he mostly plays with peers of his age and no real veteran as BL has an off the chart youth system. He had all the De Ligt hype two seasons ago but they died down a bit due to Leverkusen saying they believe before his contract is up they will turn things around and compete for cups. For 40m it's a steal but we all know Leverkusen will demand north of 50 for him which is a good deal IMO.

Leverkusen has really good youngsters that we can look at too; the likes of Sinkgraven and Jedvaj who are both u-25 and regular starters for BL. I don't know how we go Germany and scout Khedira and shit like that when BL, Hamburg, RBL and etc have many great talents.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:56 am

If you are a genuine born and bred Gooner, who has spent the last month pushing to join your boyhood club, would you then join their hated rivals once your "dream move" doesn't happen :?

I feel for Zaha because he spent most of the offseason trying to join us and instead we ditched him and going for his international teammate. I would be pissed off slightly if my boyhood club said they did not have funds for me and meet my current team halfway through but instead are paying the same amount to my international teammate to join the club.

Having said that, he is probably desperate to leave Palace, they offer nothing valuable to him and he is wasting his prime - if Bayern are serious, I'd push for a move to Bundesliga - the teams over there in the top 5 all have space and ££ to spend on him and Bundesliga, imo is a good league to shine and, who knows, then push a move to the likes of RM, Barca.

Would I join those filthy scums? Me sitting at my desk now I'd say FUCK no. Me being a professional footballer hitting my prime? It's different. We need to remember we, as fans are talking from the love we have for our club and badge. That goes out the way in pro football because no matter how 'small' Scums are, they are still heavyweights and if that's the only heavyweight paying his 80m or whatever it is, what can he do? In pro football that's an opportunity to shine, not about who you love/hate.

augie

Post by augie »

Rian1 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:18 am
augie wrote:

I feel for Zaha because he spent most of the offseason trying to join us and instead we ditched him and going for his international teammate. I would be pissed off slightly if my boyhood club said they did not have funds for me and meet my current team halfway through but instead are paying the same amount to my international teammate to join the club.

Having said that, he is probably desperate to leave Palace, they offer nothing valuable to him and he is wasting his prime - if Bayern are serious, I'd push for a move to Bundesliga - the teams over there in the top 5 all have space and ££ to spend on him and Bundesliga, imo is a good league to shine and, who knows, then push a move to the likes of RM, Barca.

Would I join those filthy scums? Me sitting at my desk now I'd say FUCK no. Me being a professional footballer hitting my prime? It's different. We need to remember we, as fans are talking from the love we have for our club and badge. That goes out the way in pro football because no matter how 'small' Scums are, they are still heavyweights and if that's the only heavyweight paying his 80m or whatever it is, what can he do? In pro football that's an opportunity to shine, not about who you love/hate.

We didn't ditch him, we were priced out of him - I'm damn sure that Zaha (and his agents) will have known all along about our financial limitations, and will have been kept up to date with the responses AFC received from palace, so he will know that it aint our fault that we cant sign him.
Anyway, if he signed for the scum last summer then it would have been no big deal to me, but if you spend a month declaring your love of Arsenal and then sign for their hated rivals, that sir is very wrong in my eyes

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Everton didn't meet Zaha's salary expectations. that says it all for me.....

i don't think we ever bid for him, and Everton offered 52m plus a player and Palace still didn't bite. they don't need to sell either.

hopefully with Pepe bought this is now a summer paper talk story and we can get on to moaning about a no CB being bought.

i do think that with these huge transfer prices now, that loans are going to be much much more common as clubs are not going to risk tens of millions on a player from another league or late in his career who is on a huge salary - Bale, Alexis, Ozil for example.

the same has happened in the Championship - Brentford etc only buy one or two players a year, but take loan players on a year long contract who have to prove themselves in that year to get taken back by their club or earn a short 1-2 year contract.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Rian1 wrote:
augie wrote:

Nah fuck him.

Don't forget that he signed a 5 year deal in 2017 and then an extension in 2018 which runs to summer 2023 giving him c £130k per week BUT it doesn't contain a release clause :rubchin:

Fair to say he didn't give two fucks about anyone trying to sign him for sensible money in the future so all the bollox about us being his team doesn't really wash with me. That contract extension was all about him which is fair enough but let's not have any bleating from him when he was too busy counting his cash to remember to give himself a way out too :roly:

herbert

Post by herbert »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:13 pm
Rian1 wrote:
augie wrote:

Nah fuck him.

Don't forget that he signed a 5 year deal in 2017 and then an extension in 2018 which runs to summer 2023 giving him c £130k per week BUT it doesn't contain a release clause :rubchin:

Fair to say he didn't give two fucks about anyone trying to sign him for sensible money in the future so all the bollox about us being his team doesn't really wash with me. That contract extension was all about him which is fair enough but let's not have any bleating from him when he was too busy counting his cash to remember to give himself a way out too :roly:
Jock,I would love to know where all this money has come from :shock:
You told me Wenger had spent it all :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

I should nott have joked about that :oops:

Auba to Man u next week to balance the books :banghead:

:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

augie

Post by augie »

Typical...……. about to sign a contract giving him over £100k per week, and yet he gets a bag full of free merchandise to seal the deal :lol: :lol: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:50 pm
cardinal2011 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:40 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:27 pm
AS Monaco have enquired for Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi, according to L'Équipe. The outlet claims he is valued at €30m.
If there was even the slightest chance that this was true than I would drive him to Monaco myself and let him feel up the missus on the back seat for the entire journey.

Could I tag along :lol:
:lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

herbert wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:34 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:13 pm
Rian1 wrote:
augie wrote:

Nah fuck him.

Jock,I would love to know where all this money has come from :shock:
You told me Wenger had spent it all :lol:

He did spend / waste it all mate :lol:

We are buying Pepe on tick apparently :shock: £20M down this year then the rest over 4 years at £13M per year - unbelievable that we are getting away with that :lol:

Palace wanted the money upfront (as would I) so that was that.

Apparently we haven't shelled out the Saliba money in full either so our warchest hasn't really taken that much of a hit. When you add back in the £3M for Ospina :lol: and whatever we get for Mustafi then we are quids in.....unless we don't qualify for the CL next year in which case your signings then will be Pepe and Saliba AGAIN and Pepe again for the 2 years after that. We'll have sold him for big bucks by then though :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are interested in France U20 star Boubacar Kamara in a deal worth around €20mil. He’s one of many centre backs on their radar to potentially replace Mustafi.

19-year-old centre back/holding midfielder who already has 50+ games for Marseille under his belt. Top prospect.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:52 pm
And still it goes on ……….

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... tic-emery/
that looks promising - that is the club photographer with him - i reckon they will announce him in the next few hours, 24 at the most, subject to UEFA re-registration.

quite funny how the 'ITK' journo thinks Mustafi will be in the line up. duh.