Henry agrees terms with Barcelona, according to France Footb

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue Can't Defend wrote:
I don't want him to leave. I do want him to come out and say, unequivocally, that he will be staying and - more importantly - that he wants to stay at Arsenal. That isn't too much to ask, is it?
Here F*cking Here!! It's so simple. Just say "I want to leave" or "I am deffo staying". Jaysus, Tel - do it, DO IT! :roll:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

It seems fairly clear now that Arsenal are prepared to sell Henry - but only if the price is right. In my opinion we should say no to anything less than £30m!

Before everyone starts throwing their toys out of pram though lets reflect. Henry has been a great player for us - but maybe "has been" is the right way of looking at it. When was the last time we saw him accelerate past that last defender & curl the ball round the despairing dive? It certainly wasn't last season! Then there is his negative posturing which drags his team mates down with him. He has a bad game = we have a bad game! And what about the woeful job he made of captaincy.....

Maybe this is the time for him to go - for both our sakes. We will need a replacement of course. We did miss Henry last season, but more because we didn't have RVP either - in fact we didn't have any proven goal scorer.

I'd be far more disappointed to lose RVP, Cesc or even Rosicki. What does everyone else think?

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Galasso wrote:Dicko

That was a nice finish - although he did miss a one-on-one a few minutes earlier! He could slip straight into our Carling Cup Team :)
Galasso - I saw the one-on-one but missed the goal itself :(