Arsenal v CSKA Moscow (H) match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Arsenal v CSKA Moscow

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:48 am
arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:57 am
Did anyone here go on the flight options trip to Moscow in, I think, 2000?

Tidy trip. Coldest ever. :shock: :mrgreen:
Do flight options still exist? I thought I heard somewhere they went broke.

I went with them on a few trips, one was to Cardiff and another was the UEFA cup final where we nearly didn't make it in time due to delays from Stansted.
Still going: https://www.sportoptions.com/soccer/index.asp

They were always decent from my experiences. At the start of the 2002-03 season, I was on a train back from wherever and got talking to a Chavs fans who was coming back from wherever they'd been that day and we started talking about European away days and who we use. I said Sport Options and he told me a story about flying from London to Cardiff with them for the 2002 cup final and getting stuck for hours at the airport, then not being able to land in Cardiff and then having to fly back to London and miss the game. He said the whole day was a waste, especially as all the time he was in the airport or in the air, he was thinking how he'd have been there if he'd driven. I found the whole thing fucking hilarious.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:49 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:48 am
arseofacrow wrote:

Do flight options still exist? I thought I heard somewhere they went broke.

I went with them on a few trips, one was to Cardiff and another was the UEFA cup final where we nearly didn't make it in time due to delays from Stansted.
Still going: https://www.sportoptions.com/soccer/index.asp

They were always decent from my experiences. At the start of the 2002-03 season, I was on a train back from wherever and got talking to a Chavs fans who was coming back from wherever they'd been that day and we started talking about European away days and who we use. I said Sport Options and he told me a story about flying from London to Cardiff with them for the 2002 cup final and getting stuck for hours at the airport, then not being able to land in Cardiff and then having to fly back to London and miss the game. He said the whole day was a waste, especially as all the time he was in the airport or in the air, he was thinking how he'd have been there if he'd driven. I found the whole thing fucking hilarious.
We did the Cardiff flight, can't remember if it was the club or flight options that put the flight on. But I have been on a few beanos with flight/sport options. One of my mates knew Miles the MD, who was a big Gooner. They used to lay flights on for other clubs fans too into Europe. Shame the spuds weren't in Europe much in those days, Miles I am sure would have easily have found a way to lose a planeload of them!

:D :D :D :D

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:19 am
arseofacrow wrote:

I'd been to Rome earlier that season and really fancied the Moscow one but if I remember rightly, it was quite expensive and as I was a student working in a bar part-time then, I couldn't afford it. We got thrashed 4-1 in about -10 degrees didn't we?
I think we went 1 up very early and had another great chance very soon after.

There was a thermometer under the seat and it showed minus 20 by the end of the game. :|

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Sean wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:29 pm
Looks like we might fluke our way to the final, before getting smashed by Atletico, or losing on penalties :barscarf: :lol:
Watched Athletico get smashed by Villareal, not the same force although that dirty Costa will be a handful.... :box:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Let's see how the Government respond in the latest tit for tat expulsions...
Talking about this at the supporters club over a few bevvies, we created this monster by laundering their filthy lucre, now they will want to seize it!.. :mrgreen:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Are the club selling away game tickets?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:05 pm
Are the club selling away game tickets?
1,000 tickets

£13.50 each (+£108.40 for a visa)

safe journey to anyone that bothers :barscarf:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Boris has just upped the ante ahead of our visit, comparing Russia hosting the world cup with Hitler hosting the Berlin olympics.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:40 pm
Boris has just upped the ante ahead of our visit, comparing Russia hosting the world cup with Hitler hosting the Berlin olympics.
I wouldn’t fancy being Boris’ tea taster right now :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:37 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:40 pm
I wouldn’t fancy being Boris’ tea taster right now :shock:
How in sweet fuck is this retard your Foreign Secretary? Seriously I get the joke and yes it was piss funny when you all elected him Mayor of London but come on the fucking joke is over. Put the cùnt back in the zoo and move on. :wink:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Boris the buffoon! Such a corrupt fool that the Boris bung got called after him, the Tories love a backhander, especially from oligarch's & sheikhs. :barscarf:

Just think of it as the British version of Ahern & Haughey & the associated brown envelopes at the Galway races! :mrgreen:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 am
Boris the buffoon! Such a corrupt fool that the Boris bung got called after him, the Tories love a backhander, especially from oligarch's & sheikhs. :barscarf:

Just think of it as the British version of Ahern & Haughey & the associated brown envelopes at the Galway races! :mrgreen:
Sorry no. Boris is nowhere near the level that Haughey and Ahern achieved. Boris would be Accrington Stanley to their Brazil 1970 team. :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Sport options are the ONLY way to go , the owner knows some top people in Moscow ,when the Bear died they told us it would be 6-8 weeks to get his body back .
Sport ops got him back within 48 hours because of their contacts !
They ran loads of planes to Moscow for the mufc v chelsea game ,they had all of the landing slots tied up ,only 1 plane out of 30 something didn't make it because it broke down and they all got refunded the same day !
Top man top company !

Nuff said !

herbert

Post by herbert »

Herd wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:54 am
Sport options are the ONLY way to go , the owner knows some top people in Moscow ,when the Bear died they told us it would be 6-8 weeks to get his body back .
Sport ops got him back within 48 hours because of their contacts !
They ran loads of planes to Moscow for the mufc v chelsea game ,they had all of the landing slots tied up ,only 1 plane out of 30 something didn't make it because it broke down and they all got refunded the same day !
Top man top company !

Nuff said !
I dont think there going to do a trip ,not enough interest ?
Luthansa is a good option going via Germany £220 last time I looked

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Getting a bit out of hand now!
Boris shut up! Stalin would have been a better comparison....