The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ky-sources

He's there to get now

Watched a few of his celtic games on tv a few years ago and I was well impressed with him - big, physically strong DM who likes a tackle so he ticks all the boxes for me BUT, looking for a transfer after 1 year with them is bang out of order imo. Granted for selfish reasons I would be happy for us to sign him (although I suspect some other club has already tapped him up) but a player who treats the club to brought him into the spotlight that way, would think nothing of shitting over any club regardless of the size of said club :evil:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:

He's there to get now

Watched a few of his celtic games on tv a few years ago and I was well impressed with him - big, physically strong DM who likes a tackle so he ticks all the boxes for me BUT, looking for a transfer after 1 year with them is bang out of order imo. Granted for selfish reasons I would be happy for us to sign him (although I suspect some other club has already tapped him up) but a player who treats the club to brought him into the spotlight that way, would think nothing of shitting over any club regardless of the size of said club :evil:
he's been there 2 years; this is his third season with the Saints.

If he has ambitions (and talent) to play at a higher level then there's no problem in asking to leave or not signing a new contract. He hasn't bad mouthed Southampton (as far as I know) nor gone on strike so I'm not sure he's done anything wrong to be fair.

I reckon he'll end up at Sp*rs if he leaves :(

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

He's there to get now
He's no Coquelin! :roll:

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

Would be a decent signing so no chance of Wanker going in for him, as others have said if he leaves Southampton will probably end up at Spurs

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

In the absence of going out and signing the established quality DM that every single Arsenal fan I've ever met wants to see, Wanyama would be a good signing imo. I rate him and whatever else he would add some physicality and athleticism in there! Not to mention he's only 24.

However much you might rate Coquelin, what would be the issue with having two defensive-minded CMs? They're both decent ball players, not exactly like having two Flaminis in there who can't fucking pass a ball straight. Not only would it be healthy competition, it would offer a viable tactical alternative which would give us more security and give our technical attacking players more freedom to attack so that we're not in a ridiculous situation where we are complaining because the likes of Podolski, Walcott and Ozil aren't babysitting full-backs.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wanyama is exactly the player we need which is also the exact reason why we won't get him. The bloke is 10 times the player that Coquelin is and having spent years in England and Scotland isn't the gamble on the physical side that someone from Spain would be in that position. £16m is chicken shit in the present crazy market.....so not even a dizzying price for our Head of Economics to get flustered about !

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Wouldn't touch Wanyama.

Not technically good enough to play with the players we have and VERY slow, he is a 6/10 player and that's no better than what we have. The boy can tackle, but we need more than that and his presence for me would cause more problems than he would solve.

He is off to the scum and will fall the same was as Dider Zakroa, Holtby, Paulinho etc etc etc

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Wouldn't touch Wanyama.

Not technically good enough to play with the players we have and VERY slow, he is a 6/10 player and that's no better than what we have. The boy can tackle, but we need more than that and his presence for me would cause more problems than he would solve.

He is off to the scum and will fall the same was as Dider Zakroa, Holtby, Paulinho etc etc etc

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

He's no better than Flamini or Arteta? You must rate them highly, he's more defensive than Schneiderlain was and most wanted him plus it would be down to the genius manager to improve him as a player like many would have you believe he's capable off.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Wouldn't touch Wanyama.

Absolutely not good enough to put on an Arsenal shirt, ok for Celtic and southampton

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What complete and utter nonsense - the bloke absolutely bossed us last season and turns defence into attack very quickly so not sure where this crap about being VERY slow comes from. No better than what we have - is that you Arsene?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

One of the things that always makes me laugh is how differently people rate players.

On this one page of the transfer thread, we've got some people saying Wanyama is an upgrade on Coquelin and exactly what we need and others saying he's actually pretty useless and should be nowhere near a club like Arsenal.
- Now I have no idea if I should be disappointed or not bothered about his likely move to Sp*rs :? :lol:

Having never seen most of these players play more than once or twice, I'm relying on you guys to keep me up to speed on who is and isn't good enough :x :lol:

I must say, I worry that Flamini's refusal to leave this summer (surprise, surprise - his career has revolved around bench warming on high wages) on top of the new contract for Arteta may stop Wenger signing a midfielder. :?

In other news, I see we're being linked to Lars Bender again :lol: dare I ask if people think he's good enough? :shock:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Vast majority of defensive midfielders are not going to be technically equal to their attacking counterparts. Imagine saying Makelele wasn't technically good enough to play with Zidane and co.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

one things for sure- wenger doesn't think anyone is good enough to replace coq or giroud.

:|