Alexis Alejandro Sánchez

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo71

Re: Alexis Alejandro Sánchez

Post by donaldo71 »

Supagoon wrote:he was the worst player on the pitch.

The way I see it is, players need a break and not just a physical one. He played in the World Cup too, and he wants to play in every game even if its not in his interest.

When should we rest him?

Theo and Welbeck for the weekend?
Wenger will rest Alexis v Reading.Wenger has run Sanchez into the ground,

Walcott ha ha ha :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Question I would be asking is where is his mindset at the mo ? When the team was bombing along earlier in the season, sanchez was absolutely everywhere and was terrorising opposition defences - these days he can surely see how far off the pace we are as a team and I am wondering how much that is affecting his form :rubchin: He may not have been regular first 11 starter for barca, but he certainly seen enough gametime to feel a real part of those successful teams - people suggest that it should be more important for every player to feel like a key player in a team (like he is with us), but I'm sure at 26 years old he must be wondering if he jumped too soon and if he joined the right club. I'm thinking that games like monaco (at home) would drive a player like sanchez to despair, and I'm wondering if that as much as anything is contributing to his weary legs and poor performances

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

He's had a few personal issues hasn't he, certainly don't look the player he was in the first half and I'm not having because Ozil is in the same side that he's hindered.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Remember when Arshavin started he looked quality too......

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Redarmy wrote:Remember when Arshavin started he looked quality too......
He never worke as hard and as much as Sanchez.

Sanchez has come straight from World Cup, big league season, cups, playing every game.

And Sanchez is in a different league to arshavin.

:barscarf: Hope that helps :D :wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

arseofacrow wrote:

Sanchez has come straight from World Cup, big league season, cups, playing every game.

That's true. The Russian league to be precise :proudtosay:

I can see why someone would make comparisons between Arshavin and Sanchez. Both started off like a train and their form started to slip as time went on. Perhaps, in part, because of a realisation that Wenger is a incompotent tit who will never enable them to win the league or CL.

That said, they're very very different personalities and I expect Alexis will do all he can to help give the team the "petrol", "mental strength" and remove the "handbrake" that will enable us to challenge for titles.... whereas Arshavin simply gave up. :?

armchair

Post by armchair »

Arseshavin is/was/will always be a fat, lazy, talentless c.unt. The only Arsenal player I have ever really hated. His continued presence and disgusting, awful, truly awful, performances in the first team is just another example of Wengers shit 'management' :(

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

That's true. The Russian league to be precise :proudtosay:

I can see why someone would make comparisons between Arshavin and Sanchez. Both started off like a train and their form started to slip as time went on. Perhaps, in part, because of a realisation that Wenger is a incompotent tit who will never enable them to win the league or CL.

That said, they're very very different personalities and I expect Alexis will do all he can to help give the team the "petrol", "mental strength" and remove the "handbrake" that will enable us to challenge for titles.... whereas Arshavin simply gave up. :?
:box: :D wondered who'd be the first one with that :roll: :lol:

Too easy to start with this Arshavin talk. People need to find other hobbies

:oops: :shock: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

armchair wrote:Arseshavin is/was/will always be a fat, lazy, talentless c.unt. The only Arsenal player I have ever really hated. His continued presence and disgusting, awful, truly awful, performances in the first team is just another example of Wengers shit 'management' :(

Seriously ?? You can have a pop at the lazy and fat issues but if you seriously think that he is talentless then you haven't a Scooby :shock: The man was the ONLY player that I have seen since the great Bergkamp retired, that had the ability and intelligence to fill that number 10 spot in the same way as our dutch superstar did - sanchez is a different player altogether

armchair

Post by armchair »

augie wrote:
armchair wrote:Arseshavin is/was/will always be a fat, lazy, talentless c.unt. The only Arsenal player I have ever really hated. His continued presence and disgusting, awful, truly awful, performances in the first team is just another example of Wengers shit 'management' :(

Seriously ?? You can have a pop at the lazy and fat issues but if you seriously think that he is talentless then you haven't a Scooby :shock: The man was the ONLY player that I have seen since the great Bergkamp retired, that had the ability and intelligence to fill that number 10 spot in the same way as our dutch superstar did - sanchez is a different player altogether
I may be biased but I truly HATE Arsesnavin. Have had verbals with other gooners for giving him stick. The only time Ive ever really bollocked a player it was that c. Unt.

And the only way he could even lace DB10s boots is if he was still lying on the deck after running into a defender and falling over, taking waay to long to get back up again with that fukin stupid look on his ugly boat! Just another Gervinho imo and was never as happy to see a player leave as when he evengually fucked off.

There I feel much better now, though it still hurts when I think of him. :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

armchair wrote:
augie wrote:

I may be biased but I truly HATE Arsesnavin. Have had verbals with other gooners for giving him stick. The only time Ive ever really bollocked a player it was that c. Unt.

And the only way he could even lace DB10s boots is if he was still lying on the deck after running into a defender and falling over, taking waay to long to get back up again with that fukin stupid look on his ugly boat! Just another Gervinho imo and was never as happy to see a player leave as when he evengually fucked off.
Yeah I remember the 4 cracking goals gervinho scored at anfield, oops I mean nearly scored in his entire fucking career. FFS armchair, Arshavin had loads of talent, but was a player who needed to be played in his favored position and to be well man managed, so wenker fucked up in every one of those requirements and since he should have known that about the player before he signed him, then there is only one man to blame, ps sorry for any mispellings but i'm pissed otherwise i wouldnt be on here on a fucking monday night

There I feel much better now, though it still hurts when I think of him. :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Wenger horrifically mismanaged him but can't attribute anywhere near all of the blame on him.

Arshavin was a lazy prick who couldn't even be arsed to keep himself in shape.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

As for Alexis absolutely love this guy, world class player with a fantastic attitude, just hope the Wenger factor dont get too him

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

As for Arshavin, he was a good quality player prior to his arrival and in his early days, but a whole catalogue of incidents led to his downfall, and eventuall lack of confidence and fitness, mind you cant blame him for liking his food, he came from a place where the food is diabolical.
No way you can compare Alexis with Arshavin, totally different players and characters
Alexis is strong mentally not sure even Wenger can fuck him up

Post by 1989 »

Hero.