Alexis Alejandro Sánchez

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Alexis Alejandro Sánchez

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
casgooner wrote:He's got a fit body too! Oh did I type that out loud? :-P
Yup! you sure did... Mind you even my daughter - in her early 20's thinks he's got a 'well fit bod' ....she's got this pic of him on her fridge door.... :roll:

Yeah, your daughter has it, does she? Really? :wink:
:lol: :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Yup! you sure did... Mind you even my daughter - in her early 20's thinks he's got a 'well fit bod' ....she's got this pic of him on her fridge door.... :roll:

Has your wife been talking again??? :roll:

:D :wink: :wink:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Has your wife been talking again??? :roll:

:D :wink: :wink:

That's all right OB, but I've seen a better pic than that one! :-P

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Awwww Nooo! Don't tell me it's one of THOSE pics before he became 'famous' !!! :shock:

:lol:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:Awwww Nooo! Don't tell me it's one of THOSE pics before he became 'famous' !!! :shock:

:lol:
No, he has the cuppa whotsit with him, but I can't post it, can't do it. Your daughter would love it!!!

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

You know what pi..es me off. Is that Sanchez has been linked with all of Chelsea, Man United and Man City in the past two months. Now reports are Sanchez is going to sign a new deal worth 160k a week, so now the papers report he wants 'showdown talks' with the club about future signings, and questions the ambition of the team (as if Sanchez winning the FA Cup final never happened, and he wont play in a title defining game this weekend) . So the papers not deterred from getting it wrong prior, simply refuse to allow Sanchez's future to be defined by a simple and routine contract extension - so they make up 'inside sources' of Sanchez questioning the clubs ambition.

I noticed this a lot with Arsenal and transfer speculation - is they always refuse to believe Arsenal can have top players that dont want to leave. Constantly linking Arsenal to players with moves away. They have Chamberlain linked with Chelsea and United just yesterday.

I know its load of rubbish that gets printed in the papers, but it does my Fing head in. As I take it as a slight against Arsenal.

Now no doubt we are going to have to put up with a summer or hearing how from Sanchez to the Arsenal tea lady 'want to work with Gaurdiola'.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35718454

Wow. Now if this isn't the biggest clue of how unimpressed Sanchez is under Wenker, then I don't know what is.
These are the words of a guy that won a sackful under Pep, playing for Barca :oops:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Wilson wrote:You know what pi..es me off. Is that Sanchez has been linked with all of Chelsea, Man United and Man City in the past two months. Now reports are Sanchez is going to sign a new deal worth 160k a week, so now the papers report he wants 'showdown talks' with the club about future signings, and questions the ambition of the team (as if Sanchez winning the FA Cup final never happened, and he wont play in a title defining game this weekend) . So the papers not deterred from getting it wrong prior, simply refuse to allow Sanchez's future to be defined by a simple and routine contract extension - so they make up 'inside sources' of Sanchez questioning the clubs ambition.

I noticed this a lot with Arsenal and transfer speculation - is they always refuse to believe Arsenal can have top players that dont want to leave. Constantly linking Arsenal to players with moves away. They have Chamberlain linked with Chelsea and United just yesterday.

I know its load of rubbish that gets printed in the papers, but it does my Fing head in. As I take it as a slight against Arsenal.

Now no doubt we are going to have to put up with a summer or hearing how from Sanchez to the Arsenal tea lady 'want to work with Gaurdiola'.
Hmm, sounds like RVP 2012 again :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35718454

Wow. Now if this isn't the biggest clue of how unimpressed Sanchez is under Wenker, then I don't know what is.
These are the words of a guy that won a sackful under Pep, playing for Barca :oops:
He's not wrong is he? You only had to look at the body language when that 2nd Swansea goal went in. I honestly looked round at all 11 players and not one of them showed any sort of hunger to gee the team up and get back up there and stick one on them

Captaincy is overplayed

We have 11 captains

Rotational Leadership

Almunia as captain

Is it any wonder........

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35718454

He's not wrong is he? You only had to look at the body language when that 2nd Swansea goal went in. I honestly looked round at all 11 players and not one of them showed any sort of hunger to gee the team up and get back up there and stick one on them

Captaincy is overplayed

We have 11 captains

Rotational Leadership

Almunia as captain

Is it any wonder........
I've an idea, let's give the armband to an under-performing waster to celebrate the fact he's on £140k a week and has delivered half a dozen top performances in 10 years! :barscarf:

#leadership

# :suicide:

MrT

Post by MrT »

One of the most overrated players in the world, bordering dangerously close to fraud territory. Not surprised Barca got rid.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

MrT wrote:One of the most overrated players in the world, bordering dangerously close to fraud territory. Not surprised Barca got rid.
What about last season?

MrT

Post by MrT »

northbank123 wrote:
MrT wrote:One of the most overrated players in the world, bordering dangerously close to fraud territory. Not surprised Barca got rid.
What about last season?
That's why I said bordering close to fraud territory. There is only so much leeway that season will give him.

He's always been massively overrated because he hid his glaring deficiencies as he was banging in the goals. Now he's not, his weaknesses are exposed.
Last edited by MrT on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:

What about last season?
Bingo.

He's technically limited and can give the ball away too much but he's one of the few I'd keep from this current crop. Yes, he's out of form since the injury (cheers, Arsene) but there are far more players deserving of ire than Sanchez.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

officepest wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

What about last season?
Bingo.

He's technically limited and can give the ball away too much but he's one of the few I'd keep from this current crop. Yes, he's out of form since the injury (cheers, Arsene) but there are far more players deserving of ire than Sanchez.
I'd say he's been out of form pretty much all season :?

Not for a second would I consider selling him but he's been so disappointing this season. He huffs and puffs but quality wise he's been pretty useless and has had almost no positive influence on our season at all.