The 'R' word

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Stoke will be top 6 this year I reckon. Liverpool will finish above us, Spurs quite possibly, Stoke definitely will. That leaves us fighting with the likes of Villa, Everton and whoever for places in the top ten. Of course we won't get relegated but you'd better believe that 7th or lower is going to feel like it!

How has it come to this? Why has Wenger got SO much power? We're heading for 50,000 crowds soon and that's before winter sets in!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

50,000 :shock: I reckon we will have a 35 - 40, 000 attendance before xmas (it may be more tickets sold than that but actual turn up and watch numbers)

AA23Northbank

Post by AA23Northbank »

StuartL wrote:50,000 :shock: I reckon we will have a 35 - 40, 000 attendance before xmas (it may be more tickets sold than that but actual turn up and watch numbers)
Crowds will always be 59763 :roll: :oops: :banghead:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Industry standard is to announce tickets sold to be fair, why should Arsenal be any different?

Think they will stop announcing the figures this season.

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

SWLGooner wrote:Industry standard is to announce tickets sold to be fair, why should Arsenal be any different?

Think they will stop announcing the figures this season.
I think the crowd reaction at the Villa game last season when they announced the made up attendance figure probably suggested to them that the best course of action is not to announce them over the tannoy!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The attendance is no longer announced. I'd love to wring the fucking throat of the *word censored* on the PA especially when he wants the crowd to call back the players named. FUCK OFF *word censored* :banghead:

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

Let us see where we are around christmas, I think at best (and this is only if Wenger leaves us in the next month or so and we get a manager in who reinstalls the belief and confidence into the team) we can finish 4th. On paper we have a side that is capable of 4th but are not playing as a team and defensivly are not a unit.

At worst I can see us being mid table, and that could be 12th, 13th or 14th. I think there is a possibility we might flirt with relegation but don't think it'll happen, Blackburn in my eyes are perhaps the worst team in the league with a poor manager and to ship four goals against them is an outrage. But it is a disgrace we can even picture the Arsenal finishing mid table or even relegation crossing our mind. We flirted with it slightly in Grahams last season as well as Bertie Mees final season and both managers were gone, it is totally unacceptable.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I don't see relegation coming our way but I do see us coming mid-table.

I really cannot see anyway out of this under Wenger!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm sorry, no - this is just getting silly. We are going through the shit, our manager is 5 years past his sell-by date and alot of our players have the spine of a jellyfish. Accepted. We will not win the PL or the CL in the foreseeable. Accepted.

We all know that.

But to think we are facing relegation is just silly. NOT because we are good, but because the PL is a fairly shit league tbh. There are at least 7 or 8 teams that are going to fight relegation long before we ever do.

The gap between the haves and the have-nots is growing because of the sugar daddies at citeh and the chavs.

The league table is fairle predictable. It used to be us and the manc filth out front, followed by the mousers and chavs and sometimes the scum. Then we slipped out behind the chavs. Now it's Manure, the chavs and citeh who will finish way ahead of the pack, followed by a group of us, the scum, the mousers and maybe one other. Then another group (everton, toon, villa, bolton etc) about 10 or 15 points behind us and then the relegation dog fight group.

The PL is THAT predictable - to me anyway.

It's going to be a shit long horrible season but we will finish somewhere (depending on injuries to the key players) between 8th and 4th.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I bet Blackburn wont score 4 again this season!!

Im genuinely worried about Relegation now

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:I bet Blackburn wont score 4 again this season!!

:lol:

They probably won't. But we will have games where we destroy teams too. It happens. Unfortunately everytime we do get a good result the board and the AKB's all suddenly forget the embarrassing jockings we've received and everything is rosie in... well, you know where that one goes! :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

rosy...garden :?:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:

They probably won't. But we will have games where we destroy teams too. It happens. Unfortunately everytime we do get a good result the board and the AKB's all suddenly forget the embarrassing jockings we've received and everything is rosie in... well, you know where that one goes! :lol:
DB I think you are under estimating just how bad things are, and with Wenger not known for his motivational skills, they could get even worse.
This shower don't have either the bottle for a relegation fight nor the determination and passion to keep going when they know they will win fuck all (as seen last season)
I fully believe that if he stays then we will finish in the lower half of the table, how low? is anyones guess, but I can say for certain that I wouldn't be too hopeful going to West Brom on the last day of the season in a arelegation head to head.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

DB I think you are under estimating just how bad things are, and with Wenger not known for his motivational skills, they could get even worse.
This shower don't have either the bottle for a relegation fight nor the determination and passion to keep going when they know they will win fuck all (as seen last season)
I fully believe that if he stays then we will finish in the lower half of the table, how low? is anyones guess, but I can say for certain that I wouldn't be too hopeful going to West Brom on the last day of the season in a arelegation head to head.
I agree things are bad, sid - the worst they've been under Lord Vad - oops - Wenger. But I think we will finish somewhere between 8th and 4th by default almost. There are just THAT many teams in the league that are that much shitter than we are. If it was a stronger league we would be fucked.

Herd

SHOUTING THE ODDS

Post by Herd »

Things are indeed grim however u can still get 100-1 from the bookies for us to be relegated to for all you doom and gloomers get out there and start betting .