Stoke v Arsenal match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10_TH14

Re: Stoke v Arsenal match thread

Post by DB10_TH14 »

seen us lose 3 and win 1 against stoke, am slightly optimistic heading into sunday, i have no idea why. i am guessing that giroud will start to add a bit of height to the team for sunday.

scfc64

Post by scfc64 »

Hi Gooner2Gooners,hope you've had a nice summer. With the sport we've been treated to the last few months the season has come around double quick. looking forward to Sunday,but with the game being change to the Sunday and it being bank holiday (the sunday is always the busiest day) and because of the job I do there's a more than a good chance I won't get down to it,was gonna meet up with a couple of people from on here to say hi,but I've got the February game at yours sorted,I'll see Frank and few others in the Pins or somewhere!

If some of you are driving,park on Old Whieldon Rd. Its about 15 mins and you'll have no worries getting away too. Walk up the side of the canal,straight there. Just enjoy the day, I'm sure there'll be a great atmosphere. One last thing,if you do drive up,don't type Stoke City fc in your sat-nav,you'll end up at the Rugby Club... :wink:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

hello stokey :D

is that what you all do up there then - make towels?

scfc64

Post by scfc64 »

Red Member wrote:hello stokey :D

is that what you all do up there then - make towels?
:lol: Did do,but we're well sussed with the towel trick now,the bottoms fallen out the market so sticking to selling rock !
(selling the candy type,not selling rock to Cavemen before anyone puts that one in..!)

armchair

Post by armchair »

scfc64 wrote:Hi Gooner2Gooners,hope you've had a nice summer. With the sport we've been treated to the last few months the season has come around double quick. looking forward to Sunday,but with the game being change to the Sunday and it being bank holiday (the sunday is always the busiest day) and because of the job I do there's a more than a good chance I won't get down to it,was gonna meet up with a couple of people from on here to say hi,but I've got the February game at yours sorted,I'll see Frank and few others in the Pins or somewhere!

If some of you are driving,park on Old Whieldon Rd. Its about 15 mins and you'll have no worries getting away too. Walk up the side of the canal,straight there. Just enjoy the day, I'm sure there'll be a great atmosphere. One last thing,if you do drive up,don't type Stoke City fc in your sat-nav,you'll end up at the Rugby Club... :wink:
Last season I parked at the entrance to the Trentside Ind Estate on Campbell Road just up from the Michelin roundabout. Good spot - until some stupid Stokie completely boxed me in and I'd to wait until he decided to return to his car. I was fukin fuming and called him all sorts untill I came to my senses, jumped back into the car and blew. :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

stowk Nil - Arsenal 2

:barscarf: :barscarf:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

A very tough away game here. Sunderland are no mugs and I can see why we drew. Stoke will play the same hard way they always do which will be a baptism of fire for the new lads.

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

OneBardGooner wrote:stowk Nil - Arsenal 2

:barscarf: :barscarf:
plzzzz let it happen :D

Post by 1989 »

We need all the big fuckers we can get for this one...

Per - 6'6"
TV - 6'0"
Diaby - 6'3"
Giroud - 6'4"
Jenko - 6'1"
Poldi - 6'0"

Fuck playing football, let's out-Stoke Stoke :barscarf:

Bannerman

Post by Bannerman »

Look at this Stoke *word censored* thoughts they really are obsessed with us

Fixture I am looking forward to the most...

Has to be Arsenal. Everything that is wrong with English football is summed up at that club. A club that appears to have no regard for how it treats its fans in terms of ticket prices in this current economy, a team that appears to have no appetite for developing the talent of English players, a team that appears to pay no particular credence to the gentlemanly laws that prevent feigning contact and one that will not give any credit to another when they are well beaten.

These *word censored* just can't leave it with us can they - this particular *word censored* is the chairman of the Stoke supporters club Namely - Garth Ekin

twitter - just in case you want to give him your thoughts plus he can also be found on Facebook and Linked In
Gareth Ekin (@GarethEkin) on Twitter

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Fatty Huddlestone has joined t Stokies.......bound to score

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Bannerman wrote:Look at this Stoke *word censored* thoughts they really are obsessed with us

Fixture I am looking forward to the most...

Has to be Arsenal. Everything that is wrong with English football is summed up at that club. A club that appears to have no regard for how it treats its fans in terms of ticket prices in this current economy, a team that appears to have no appetite for developing the talent of English players, a team that appears to pay no particular credence to the gentlemanly laws that prevent feigning contact and one that will not give any credit to another when they are well beaten.

These *word censored* just can't leave it with us can they - this particular *word censored* is the chairman of the Stoke supporters club Namely - Garth Ekin

twitter - just in case you want to give him your thoughts plus he can also be found on Facebook and Linked In
Gareth Ekin (@GarethEkin) on Twitter
I'll give it a miss, thanks.

Mcdowell might be interested - he likes to be retarded and is all over twitter and other such internet social media.

:barscarf:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Now the Uni Bar is shut, this could be a bad day for away fans. No Designated place to drink as away fans (especially arsenal) can’t really go into the town centre

Best get there very very early and get in the harvester, though at some point we will get kicked out of there.

mattyj3nks

Post by mattyj3nks »

mikeyb772001 wrote:Now the Uni Bar is shut, this could be a bad day for away fans. No Designated place to drink as away fans (especially arsenal) can’t really go into the town centre

Best get there very very early and get in the harvester, though at some point we will get kicked out of there.
Hi buddy,

If you read my other thread on this forum about this game then you will see that i have mentioned about where arsenal fans will be drinking on sunday.

The uni bar is shut but away fans have a designated away pub which is 'the terrace pub' which is opposite the 'lrv' where we would usually drink.
It will all work the same as past seasons with the busses picking us up from outside the pub and taking us to the ground and back.
Id rather drink there than at the harvester where you get all the stokies aswell.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsène Wenger confirms Koscielny out v Stoke. Chamberlain should be fit. Fabianski back on bench. Wilshere and Sagna still out.

from not always true twitter :cry: