To Users of the Forum...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: To Users of the Forum...

Post by goonersid »

Would it be acceptable to call him a bastard a fucker and a hairy fanny. :? :wink:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Can't say I really agree with this like (its a bit daft, imo, to say that the "c" word can't be used because the place is meant for all gooners but then be happy to allow any other words, some of which will be equally offensive to other people). That being said if its the rule on here then fair enough, as long as I can just continue to write *word censored* and see it get censored automatically it'll be fine, everyone knows what you're saying when that censored thing comes up anyway so its no big deal.

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

This is why I just use Clod instead.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:As a mod on here I have to state that I absolutely don't agree with this. Banning someone for swearing? For using one particular word? That is ridiculous. The reason we had problems before was the levels of personal abuse had become too high on here, not because people were using one particular word.

Context is everything for me. Personally, I feel if the word is used to aim personal abuse at another member then that is not acceptable. But to vent frustration, or in jest? Where is the harm?

And where should we stop? Ban all swear words? On a football forum? :roll:
Agree to a point but where does it stop? When the transfer window shuts and Wenger has only signed Flamini (and maybe Sneijder :wink: ) this place will go into meltdown and a number of people will be called all sorts of things I'm guessing. The rules are set and if the calling of Wenger as a *word censored* puts of pro Wengerites from joining or posting on the forum (as it has in the past) then lets call it now. Also I think calling me a *word censored* for making shite transfer rumours, DB10 for pretending to have shagged 3/4's of Britain or Sid for falling asleep in public toilets :wink: is a different matter it's banter, when it's used in hatred it different all together

Just my views
Thought you were gonna say DB for being 3/4 the height of a standard dwarf :shock: :lol:
Flash - I agree with Mike in that the abuse on here had to be addressed and if the word is used in an angry abusive manner towards people than fair enough we should be deleting it. But if it's used to vent frustration or in banter then I think it's silly to delete it or ban people. Further, it's more like 4/5's of your British women. 8)

Lefty - that would still put me above you, ya fucking Ewok bastard ya!! :lol: :wink: :wink:

:lol:

I first used that ewok for spuddy, can't help yourself you people, your not happy just borrowing our belongings, you gotta borrow our gags too :roll: :wink: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:As a mod on here I have to state that I absolutely don't agree with this. Banning someone for swearing? For using one particular word? That is ridiculous. The reason we had problems before was the levels of personal abuse had become too high on here, not because people were using one particular word.

Context is everything for me. Personally, I feel if the word is used to aim personal abuse at another member then that is not acceptable. But to vent frustration, or in jest? Where is the harm?

Agree to a point but where does it stop? When the transfer window shuts and Wenger has only signed Flamini (and maybe Sneijder :wink: ) this place will go into meltdown and a number of people will be called all sorts of things I'm guessing. The rules are set and if the calling of Wenger as a *word censored* puts of pro Wengerites from joining or posting on the forum (as it has in the past) then lets call it now. Also I think calling me a *word censored* for making shite transfer rumours, DB10 for pretending to have shagged 3/4's of Britain or Sid for falling asleep in public toilets :wink: is a different matter it's banter, when it's used in hatred it different all together

Just my views
Thought you were gonna say DB for being 3/4 the height of a standard dwarf :shock: :lol:
Flash - I agree with Mike in that the abuse on here had to be addressed and if the word is used in an angry abusive manner towards people than fair enough we should be deleting it. But if it's used to vent frustration or in banter then I think it's silly to delete it or ban people. Further, it's more like 4/5's of your British women. 8)

Lefty - that would still put me above you, ya fucking Ewok bastard ya!! :lol: :wink: :wink:

I first used that ewok for spuddy, can't help yourself you people, your not happy just borrowing our belongings, you gotta borrow our gags too :roll: :wink: :lol:
I had no idea you Ewoks were so selfish! Damn – such angry, selfish little people. :|

:-P :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

The point is not whether you or I think a particular word is okay to be used on here or not, it's that with it having been decided by the owner that this particular word would be censored and an emoticon put in it's place, people are deliberately trying different ways to get it in and thus ignoring the rules of the forum.

Most people seem to be using it in an abusive manner towards Wenger and although I'm no defender of his, I think it goes way over the top sometime. I mean, it's not as if we wouldn't all know what the poster was trying to say if the emoticon was there in place of the actual word. No,some people are doing it out of what I can only think is disrespect (for the manager AND the forum), spite or even just 'a laugh'.

Now if we want this forum to be a 'free for all' then fine. But be prepared to perhaps not find it here next time you fancy debating or having a rant about Arsenal.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ha! And there you were, Number 5 - saying Hlebby wasn't a total flange! :blah:

:lol: :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

geebags

8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:geebags

8)
Amen. 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

arseofacrow wrote:Can we assume that complaints have been received/were received in the past, because Wenger has been called a nincompoop? Or is it because people have been called nincompoops directly out of malice?

:|
I don't know, but thanks for using the word nincompoop. It's good to see that my suggestion has been embraced :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:Can we assume that complaints have been received/were received in the past, because Wenger has been called a nincompoop? Or is it because people have been called nincompoops directly out of malice?

I don't know, but thanks for using the word nincompoop. It's good to see that my suggestion has been embraced :barscarf:
Is "nincuntpoop" acceptable? :rubchin:

:shock:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
g88ner wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Don't get my word censored :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
g88ner wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Don't get my word censored :(

Mungetastic! :barscarf: :-P

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Is "fud" ok? Arsole Wanger le fud :D

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I think "Rotter" should be used,In the style of Peter Cook of course!