The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Groundhog transfer deadline day thread

Post by officepest »

OneBardGooner wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... nd-3491823

Arsenal will be a shock option for Rio Ferdinand if he is not offered a new contract at Old Trafford.

Arsene Wenger is an admirer of Ferdinand, and Sunday Mirror Sport understands that he is considering a move if the 35-year-old becomes a free agent.

Ferdinand was weighing up retirement earlier this season, but now feels he still has plenty to offer.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Wellllllllll it's only fair isn't it - we sell them our best player and we get their cast offs. :roll: :banghead: :cussing: :cussing:
:coffeespit:

If we sign that duck-faced twat then I expect the men in white coats to finally cart Wenger off into the sunset for some much needed 'rest' and 'relaxation'.

The Mirror's circulation must be well down if they're propagating this bollocks.

Post by 1989 »

Vela's record in Spain:

2011/12 - 12 goals 7 assists
2012/13 - 14 goals 9 assists
2013/14 - 19 goals 14 assists (and counting)

Clearly he's moving into his prime and will likely explode into a 25-30 goal a season striker soon. We'd be fools not to give him another shot for 3.3m pounds and risk another top club snapping him up. It could be an inspired re-signing.

He is remarkably similar to Aguero:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

I was on of those who hated the idea of signing remy last summer. However I'd take him this summer all day long!

His goal scoring record in the prem this year is decent, miles better than giroud. In ideal world we would sign a Suarez type but who the fuck are we going to buy? Can't see us getting costa, I think remy would be less of a punt than morata or another young foreign striker etc.

Plus he's French :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Meanwhile, Spuds and England's 5 minute wonderboy could be leaving

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Tottenham are willing to sell England winger Andros Townsend, 22, as part of a major summer clear-out at White Hart Lane.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

officepest wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... nd-3491823

Arsenal will be a shock option for Rio Ferdinand if he is not offered a new contract at Old Trafford.

Arsene Wenger is an admirer of Ferdinand, and Sunday Mirror Sport understands that he is considering a move if the 35-year-old becomes a free agent.

Ferdinand was weighing up retirement earlier this season, but now feels he still has plenty to offer.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Wellllllllll it's only fair isn't it - we sell them our best player and we get their cast offs. :roll: :banghead: :cussing: :cussing:
:coffeespit:

If we sign that duck-faced twat then I expect the men in white coats to finally cart Wenger off into the sunset for some much needed 'rest' and 'relaxation'.

The Mirror's circulation must be well down if they're propagating this bollocks.
Nothing will ever top signing SIlvestre. The moment i saw his ugly face on Arsenal.com was when any remaining belief i had in Wenger evaporated.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

No wonder There's Only One is keen on Ferdinand. When we play them we make him look 15 years younger by barely entering their half of the field

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Which French club's turn is it to win the Arsene Lottery this year?

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

1989 wrote:Vela's record in Spain:

2011/12 - 12 goals 7 assists
2012/13 - 14 goals 9 assists
2013/14 - 19 goals 14 assists (and counting)

Clearly he's moving into his prime and will likely explode into a 25-30 goal a season striker soon. We'd be fools not to give him another shot for 3.3m pounds and risk another top club snapping him up. It could be an inspired re-signing.

He is remarkably similar to Aguero:

I'd take him and put him on the left wing. He has some good pace. I'd agree that for that money, we'd be idiots not to do it. However, knowing Wenger, he would buy him back and then not spend the rest of the money saved because the man is a wanker.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:Which French club's turn is it to win the Arsene Lottery this year?
Valenciennes.

He hasn't played Rich Uncle Arsene to them yet, has he? Failing that he could try to prop up Metz.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

In our hunt for a new striker its got to be Vincent Aboubakar - 22 years old, from Cameroon, and second only to Zlatan in the Ligue 1 scoring charts

Lorient - your dreams are about to come true when the great man sends £15m your way on 31 August

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Where would newly-crowned superstar Vela fit into our system? Would people rather see him isolated up front as he gets bullied about by centre-halves with no support. Or playing left wing so that he can spend his time babysitting Gibbs/Monreal and not getting near the area?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Please Please PLEASE!!!! Will someone Punch that Oike of a *word censored* jamie redcrapp so hard in the face his nose never stops bleeding. :evil: :box: :box: :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:In our hunt for a new striker its got to be Vincent Aboubakar - 22 years old, from Cameroon, and second only to Zlatan in the Ligue 1 scoring charts

Lorient - your dreams are about to come true when the great man sends £15m your way on 31 August

SteveO you are getting desperate to see Abou back on the Arsenal team sheet. :box:

Post by 1989 »

San Sebastien based journalist Oier Fano has claimed that we've informed Sociedad that we will activate Vela's buy back clause. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

1989 wrote:San Sebastien based journalist Oier Fano has claimed that we've informed Sociedad that we will activate Vela's buy back clause. :barscarf:
Whoopee fucking doo - the return of El Paperweight