watford away thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: watford away thread

Post by BFG4 »

About to watch Ireland hoof our way to victory against Moldova, and watch Martin O'Neill continue the pretense he is a decent manager. It makes me want to watch us pass sideways for 90 minutes against Watford.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:52 pm
About to watch Ireland hoof our way to victory against Moldova, and watch Martin O'Neill continue the pretense he is a decent manager. It makes me want to watch us pass sideways for 90 minutes against Watford.
In fairness we bore a faint resemblence to a football team in the first half before we remembered we consisted of championship plodders and reverted to being shit for the second 45. I expect a "British " game against wales i.e. Shit before we leave with a gallant but futile point, then we can prepare for a summer of supporting England's opponents

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I know this is the Watford thread and it has gone off track...but I watched the first half of Ireland v Moldova and I could have been watching Arsenal..Different style but same mentality..beat the whipping boys and proclaim ourselves great...also the stands were emptying rapidly on 42 minutes as the greatest fans in the world (joke) rushed out to spend even more money in a soulless bowl.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:25 am
I know this is the Watford thread and it has gone off track...but I watched the first half of Ireland v Moldova and I could have been watching Arsenal..Different style but same mentality..beat the whipping boys and proclaim ourselves great...also the stands were emptying rapidly on 42 minutes as the greatest fans in the world (joke) rushed out to spend even more money in a soulless bowl.
It might sound unpatriotic, but it bugged me how arrogant the pre and post match talk was, about brushing Moldova aside, as though we are world beaters. We have been to three world cups in our history, and the last one was in 2002, hardly a top class team. RTE'S coverage of Ireland is like that guy who can't pull a bird, then looks down at every woman he sees, as though he is god's gift. As i said, give me Arsenal any day, over this shit.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Mustafi out for a while, first half injury while playing for Germany, TOF will be back to crazy selection policy of square pegs into round holes :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

greengooner wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:13 pm
Mustafi out for a while, first half injury while playing for Germany, TOF will be back to crazy selection policy of square pegs into round holes :roll:
Yeah he'll probably start playing Kolasinac at CB again, then again he can't shift Bellerin to LB now that we've offloaded Ox, so he can only f*ck things up so much?. :roll:

How about Bellerin LB and Wally playing as RB? :shock: I wouldn't put it past him, where is Chambers?, if Wenger doesn't play him now then he's got no future here.

General

Post by General »

greengooner wrote:
Has the length of the lay off been confirmed ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 am
greengooner wrote:
You'll need to use the Arsenal Medical Team Equation to calculate that;

Initial injury + Poor Assessment x Leetle Beet Niggle = 6 months. He'll be back in April. Maybe. :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

General wrote:
greengooner wrote:
Yes, confirmed by the German doctor as two weeks....but the Arsenal medical team will work on that and increase it to six to nine months..

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:10 am
General wrote:
greengooner wrote:

Initial injury + Poor Assessment x Leetle Beet Niggle = 6 months. He'll be back in April. Maybe. :roll:
Then break down in his first match back and Wenger will admit to maybe "rushing" him back from the niggle that increased the original injury from 2 weeks to 6 months (now with the benefit of hindsight should have been 7)

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:
greengooner wrote:

You forgot the infamous 'setback' that everyone suffers at Arsene Stanley PLC. He'll be back in time for next season, possibly.

:roll:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:13 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:
greengooner wrote:

You forgot the infamous 'setback' that everyone suffers at Arsene Stanley PLC. He'll be back in time for next season, possibly.

:roll:

Santi Cazorla says that, with the powers of the AFC medical team at his disposal, Mustafi will be back in no time.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

im beyond caring about injuries

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:14 pm
I bet you wouldn't say that if I kicked you in the bollocks 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:17 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:14 pm
I bet you wouldn't say that if I kicked you in the bollocks 8)
:lol: :lol:

I actually laughed out loud in a meeting here... :oops: Reminder to self - don't read Gooner forum when in a meeting listening to the fat bitch from Accounts put herself and her unit in the shit! :lol: