Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

Post by Midz »

I don't think this will be a 0-7 but we need a win by any means, by any score by 6.30.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

realistically a draw there wont be a disaster.
there are going to be slip ups between now and end of the season for both us and City.

City have too many cup matches to play, to think that they will win all their remaining league matches.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

9 massive games left, 9 fucking wars. We're at the business end of the season and we haven't shed bucket loads of blood, sweat and fucking tears every step of the way along this journey to let it slip now.

All those brilliant performances, the last gasp winners, the agony, the euphoria, the backs to the wall results that have gotten us into this position, now is the time for a dicks out, big statement victory both here on Sunday and then again at the ethiad in a few weeks time to put a fucking full stop at the end of the sentence that reads - Arsenal FC Premier League Champions 2022/23.

No will they, won't they, what's going to happen, who's in, who's out - we go up there and we fucking beat them in their own back garden. This is where titles are won, you go on the road, you go into the lions fucking den and you stand tall and you win games.

Time to fucking put the pedal to the floor, there's a league title to be won.

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:59 pm
9 massive games left, 9 fucking wars. We're at the business end of the season and we haven't shed bucket loads of blood, sweat and fucking tears every step of the way along this journey to let it slip now.

All those brilliant performances, the last gasp winners, the agony, the euphoria, the backs to the wall results that have gotten us into this position, now is the time for a dicks out, big statement victory both here on Sunday and then again at the ethiad in a few weeks time to put a fucking full stop at the end of the sentence that reads - Arsenal FC Premier League Champions 2022/23.

No will they, won't they, what's going to happen, who's in, who's out - we go up there and we fucking beat them in their own back garden. This is where titles are won, you go on the road, you go into the lions fucking den and you stand tall and you win games.

While I understand all the nerves on this thread and I'm far from confident myself, Rodders' post is bang on.

If you're going to win the league, then you have to perform home and away against 19 other teams and everyone has to go to Anfield and the Etihad. We can't face it with fear, we must only ensure that every player gives 100% and that we give it our very best shot. If we come up short, but know we've given everything, then so be it.

No point worrying about who Klopp rested at the Chavs, because while I can't see the sense in his decision from Liverpool's own perspective, we always expected to play a full strength team up there.

I'd take a draw tbh, but that would mean that we'll need a draw at City (which I'd also take in a heartbeat), but I'm afraid we'll lose fairly comfortably at the Etihad.

Anyway, for Sunday the approach must be "no fear". They'll be at us from minute one, so be prepared and match that with equal commitment. Do that and our extra skill level might well get us all 3 points.

Up The Gunners.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:25 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:31 am
As shit as they have been , they've only lost once at home in the league all season. Holding is an ok option for a game or two but asking him to play in a potential title decider is well beyond him. He's either going to get sent off or give away a penalty(or both). On top of that, Paul Tierney is a cùnt, seen a stat that we haven't won in our last 5 matches with him as the ref so nailed on defeat :(
Played 13 Won 9 Drew 3 Lost 1 is their record.3rd best in the league and they've done both Mancs up there.I seen the Tierney stat aswell,which isn't good for us :cry:
The loss was Leeds…..if they can beat them so can we

:barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have won none of their last nine Premier League visits to Anfield (D2 L7), losing the last six in a row by an aggregate of 22 goals to four.

#LIVARS

John F

Post by John F »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:31 pm
rodders999 wrote:

While I understand all the nerves on this thread and I'm far from confident myself, Rodders' post is bang on.

If you're going to win the league, then you have to perform home and away against 19 other teams and everyone has to go to Anfield and the Etihad. We can't face it with fear, we must only ensure that every player gives 100% and that we give it our very best shot. If we come up short, but know we've given everything, then so be it.

No point worrying about who Klopp rested at the Chavs, because while I can't see the sense in his decision from Liverpool's own perspective, we always expected to play a full strength team up there.

I'd take a draw tbh, but that would mean that we'll need a draw at City (which I'd also take in a heartbeat), but I'm afraid we'll lose fairly comfortably at the Etihad.

Anyway, for Sunday the approach must be "no fear". They'll be at us from minute one, so be prepared and match that with equal commitment. Do that and our extra skill level might well get us all 3 points.

Up The Gunners.
Before the Trophy Dodgers away I had the same doubts as I have for this game. Recent History was against us, I worried that we could not handle the atmosphere and thought we might have to play the Ref as well. Arsenal came out and played them off the park. If we play the same way the dippers will not be able to live with us.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We’ve made it to Easter, there’s 9 games left and we’re top of the league by 8 points.

I catastrophize everything Arsenal related but in a weird kind of way I’m pretty calm about things now. Our fate lies in our own hands, we’re at the crossroads and it’s up to us to go and achieve our destiny.

Get busy living or get busy dying.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

My main concern is the amount of points we have had robbed off us.

Brentford - 2 points
Newcastle - 2 points
Southampton - 2 points
United - possibly a point, possibly 2

Can’t think of anything we have had gifted to us?

Scandalous.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:37 pm
My main concern is the amount of points we have had robbed off us.

Brentford - 2 points
Newcastle - 2 points
Southampton - 2 points
United - possibly a point, possibly 2

Can’t think of anything we have had gifted to us?

Scandalous.
The only one I'd question there is manure. Arteta's terrible substitutions and tactics lost us that game if we are being honest with ourselves. But I think he finally learned something that day.

But certainly at least 6 points we were cheated out of this season. Its a fucking disgrace. :censored:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

rodders999 wrote:

I love this sort of passion, haven't seen it for years amongst the fan base.

No need to be presumptive or arrogant, that isn't the Arsenal way but seeing Pool midweek their midfield is fucked. If we can get Partey, Xhaka, and Ode firing they (the scousers) will have a tough Sunday.

In saying that we will miss Saliba, I will take a draw. But wouldn't a win be a statement and a half?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:57 am
rodders999 wrote:

I love this sort of passion, haven't seen it for years amongst the fan base.

No need to be presumptive or arrogant, that isn't the Arsenal way but seeing Pool midweek their midfield is fucked. If we can get Partey, Xhaka, and Ode firing they (the scousers) will have a tough Sunday.

In saying that we will miss Saliba, I will take a draw. But wouldn't a win be a statement and a half?
Indeed it would; especially without Saliba! - The world and his dog thought we would crash and burn when Jesus got injured, we didn't.... So I am hoping for more of that kind of We Are THE Arsenal so fuck you! Spirit!. :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Everytime we won the league recently weve won here, still remember that Pires curler and of course Mickey and Merson in 91 right in front of me. If we win could be a great omen , believe boys. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:01 pm
Everytime we won the league recently weve won here, still remember that Pires curler and of course Mickey and Merson in 91 right in front of me. If we win could be a great omen , believe boys. :barscarf:

Fucking right ON!!! :high5:

John F

Post by John F »

I would be tempted to drop Clive and play Tierney for this one. The Dippers will want to exploit the space that Zinchenko sometimes leaves behind him, especially with the lack of pace in our back line now with Saliba being injured. Zinchenko would then be free to wander around the midfield.