Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
g88ner wrote:Shocking performance. This team has well and truly bottled it. You could see them cracking under the pressure tonight and considering the importance of the fixture, I think it says a lot of them as a group the way they meekly ran out of ideas and settled for the defeat.

Truly pathetic. It's pointless saying Wenger must go though because that's been true for years.

Finally though, considering how weak mentally this team is and considering we're fight with Sp*rs for the title, I thought our fans were dreadful. They didn't help at all; loudly moaning and groaning at every misplaced pass instead of trying to encourage them and be the 12th man they so badly needed.

I get we're all frustrated but the fans gave up long before the players and that can only hinder us and help Sp*rs and Leicester.
G88ner i agree with most of that but for the highlighted part.

I'd say why should they?Mmany many fans continue to go and support the team and have done so season after season and constantly the same thing happens, they have every right considering the amount they pay not to continue to support the team when it is not performing to the expected standard.

If they continue to show support then the club will continue to think that nothing is wrong and that nothing needs to change :rubchin:

This whole argument put forward not just by you but others that as supporters we should back the team no matter what is a falicy, fans back the team when the team deserves backing but this needs to be reciprocated by the players and the manager doing their utmost to give the fans what they pay for :)

I agree - it is my experience that fans of most football clubs, will continue to support their team even if the results aren't great AS LONG AS THEY FEEL THAT THE TEAM IS GIVING THEIR ALL. In our case that clearly is not the situation - we hide, shirk responsibility and challenges and we don't show anywhere near enough passion or commitment to play for a pub team never mind a top European club :roll: :oops:

These cu.nts are being paid a kings ransom for the privilege of representing our great club and if they don't show appreciation for the honour then they deserve all abuse they get :evil:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
g88ner wrote:Shocking performance. This team has well and truly bottled it. You could see them cracking under the pressure tonight and considering the importance of the fixture, I think it says a lot of them as a group the way they meekly ran out of ideas and settled for the defeat.

Truly pathetic. It's pointless saying Wenger must go though because that's been true for years.

Finally though, considering how weak mentally this team is and considering we're fight with Sp*rs for the title, I thought our fans were dreadful. They didn't help at all; loudly moaning and groaning at every misplaced pass instead of trying to encourage them and be the 12th man they so badly needed.

I get we're all frustrated but the fans gave up long before the players and that can only hinder us and help Sp*rs and Leicester.
G88ner i agree with most of that but for the highlighted part.

I'd say why should they?Mmany many fans continue to go and support the team and have done so season after season and constantly the same thing happens, they have every right considering the amount they pay not to continue to support the team when it is not performing to the expected standard.

If they continue to show support then the club will continue to think that nothing is wrong and that nothing needs to change :rubchin:

This whole argument put forward not just by you but others that as supporters we should back the team no matter what is a falicy, fans back the team when the team deserves backing but this needs to be reciprocated by the players and the manager doing their utmost to give the fans what they pay for :)
That's fair. You're right, I understand (and live) the frustration and it's every paying fans right to do what they want.

My opinion though is that it's been 12 long years since we won the league now and the hard truth is that if we don't win it, it might well be the scum :x that for me is reason enough to convince the players and fans to give every last fucking drop to stop that nightmare coming true. I could be wrong but I can't help thinking the fans played a part in the players freezing tonight :rubchin: - not an excuse for the players though; they've created this atmosphere with weak, pathetic performances. :evil:

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Diabolical. The number of times our man with the ball stood waiting for someone to move to give options was embarrassing. Everyone just looked the other way.

I'm probably going to get slaughtered for this but I though Ozil did ok - he was the one player that kept going back to the well to give someone an option.

Disgraceful week. Wenger has no motivational ability. Our team are just not up for any real challenge. They're pampered princesses.

When Wenger says they are overworked or tired or whatever - then don't take you f'n paycheck for that week you weak turds. If you want to be paid at those levels then bloody well turn up EVERY game!

MrT

Post by MrT »

Numerous punch ups in and outside the ground being reported.

The Arsene legacy.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

just seen Wenker on sky being asked, "where does this leave you can you still win it and close this gap? his answer whilst scratching his head, short reply " What you want is too win your next game, thank you! " and walks off Pressure is getting too him. About fecking time :censored:

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

MrT wrote:Numerous punch ups in and outside the ground being reported.

The Arsene legacy.
Yeah things seemed to kick off at the back of Block 24 from what I could hear towards the end of the game.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Mistical92 wrote:
MrT wrote:Numerous punch ups in and outside the ground being reported.

The Arsene legacy.
Yeah things seemed to kick off at the back of Block 24 from what I could hear towards the end of the game.
Result probably being cards seized, cops involved, bans, and life goes on with no one giving a shit! Shame it comes too this

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

What annoys me is that we are losing and drawing games that we should be winning with a bit more effort. I hate to say it but Spuds are doing the opposite,not giving up and fighting to the bitter end.

The last few Months have been a right load of Bollix :evil:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Ray C wrote:The weak team that beat us on Sunday would probably lose at home to Swansea. Say No more. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Even with 6 changes to their side. Replacing Campbell was mad. He was the only player with any energy tonight. Pathetic !!. :oops: :oops:

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

With a bit of luck the performances of late might be in spite of Our Great Leader and not despite him. Could it be the case that the players are not playing for him? Hard to believe since the leader surrounding himself with nice lads who won't rock the bottom (or speak English).

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

When your centre half wears gloves you know you're in for a bad evening.
Thoroughly depressing night

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Oh and Wenger, when I was 7 I was told play to the whistle......can you tell your players that too. Maybe it was a foul but don't whinge about it

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I guess between Sunday and now, everything's been said.

Wasn't surprised on Sunday and wasn't yesterday. If there's ever a team that can't raise itself with a "Ill show you fuckers" attitude, it's Arsene's latter day Arsenal .

Wouldn't know where to begin with yesterday's performance. Only thing I'd say is that Wenger was right in taking off Campbell - he was clearly tiring due to the effort he put in and actually trying to make things happen in a positive way.

One Arsene Wenger...

:roll: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Our strikers simply cannot buy a goal at the moment. We are weak and error prone defensively. Despite what Arsene says we have no leaders on the pitch. Our midfield is woefully out of form with the exception of Ozil who is woefully frustrated. Our manager is clueless on the topic of in-game management and just sits there looking frustrated or has a little hissy fit but never sorts out or manages what's happening on the pitch. Our owner doesn't give a fuck once the CL money keeps rolling in.

And now we also have zero luck on top of that lot. Last night Giroud hit the crossbar, Sanchez hit the upright and then the crossbar as well. Their first goal was a foul 100% a foul. A game we could have and should have won 4-1 we lost 1-2. Shit like that can bring a team down hard. We have players out of form, probably pissed off with their own manager (but too afraid or too much a crowd of yes men to say anything), and after last night they are going to be rock bottom.

That's where a top manager really earns his money. He will lift those players, he'll yell at the ones that respond to that, he'll throw an arm around the ones that respond to that, and he'll rub the ego's of the ones that respond to that. It's called man management and Arsene Wenger has zero fucking clues about it. :|

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

The two Sanchez chances were a case of luck, another night the first would've either rebounded to one of ours or hit the post and gone in, rather than straight into Flappy's hands. However, Giroud's chance was a sitter and I don't think it was luck, he didn't need to blast it, especially at that height. Flappy was doing nothing, all he had to do was place it to the side of him (maybe easier said than done of course).