Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arseofacrow

Re: Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

Post by arseofacrow »

Mistical92 wrote:The two Sanchez chances were a case of luck, another night the first would've either rebounded to one of ours or hit the post and gone in, rather than straight into Flappy's hands. However, Giroud's chance was a sitter and I don't think it was luck, he didn't need to blast it, especially at that height. Flappy was doing nothing, all he had to do was place it to the side of him (maybe easier said than done of course).
You're right. Although it's clear he blasted it because he's lacking confidence. More hope than technique.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

2 things

1) we do not have a striker - this has not suddenly become apparent, we have not had a proper top striker since RVP left in 2012.
therefore we cannot expect to compete for titles. After watching Giroud last night I can see why Wenger gave Walcott a chance on Sunday :oops: But to be honest both of them are just utter shit

2) the decision from Wenger to take Campbell off last night completely knocked the stuffing out of the team and the supporters. I honestly believe we would have won if Campbell had not come off last night. He was the one creating or getting on the end of moves. He could easily have been involved in getting a winner, and we would probably not have conceded had the atmosphere not turned so toxic following the substitution

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:2 things

1) we do not have a striker - this has not suddenly become apparent, we have not had a proper top striker since RVP left in 2012.
therefore we cannot expect to compete for titles. After watching Giroud last night I can see why Wenger gave Walcott a chance on Sunday :oops: But to be honest both of them are just utter shit

2) the decision from Wenger to take Campbell off last night completely knocked the stuffing out of the team and the supporters. I honestly believe we would have won if Campbell had not come off last night. He was the one creating or getting on the end of moves. He could easily have been involved in getting a winner, and we would probably not have conceded had the atmosphere not turned so toxic following the substitution
Wenger's excuse is Campbell was tired. This creates an issue for me. How come they have not worked on his stamina if he tires? Also, surely even a tired Campbell that's still trying is better than a fresh lazy cúnt off the bench who doesn't bother his arse? :|

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Let me state this first, from minute one I thought Swansea were a rank bad team, and despite winning I dont change my opinion at all.
That tells you all you need to know about our current bunch, they let a bunch of journeymen, littered with championship standard players take all 3 points off us, at our gaff.
Strange that although it was a shit performance overall we hit the framework 3 times, and could have scraped a scruffy victory.
I would imagine the performance would then have been overlooked by a grinning Le Fraud, with plenty of mentions of spirit, desire, and mental strength.
As it was he looked a beaten man in the post match interview, no talk of bouncing back, or getting a reaction on Saturday, just a tired look, and another shit excuse.
Ozil should have been a bit more physical with the chap trying to hold him, shown some backbone, for me it was a 50/50 challege, or with Ozil more like 20/80
Even if it was a foul that is no reason to all stand still, although with Mert its not easy to tell if he is standing still or jogging, running is not an option with him.
When they bundled the ball over the line for the winner I looked across at Le Fraud, he was marching out of his technical area again, to bitch at the 4th official, holding up 2 fingers. What was his perceived injustice this time? it was a clear free kick, no one obstructed Cech as he kindly let the ball bounce off Williams, while our defence stood in a neat, tidy line.
Last edited by foxinthebox2001 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

g88ner wrote:Shocking performance. This team has well and truly bottled it. You could see them cracking under the pressure tonight and considering the importance of the fixture, I think it says a lot of them as a group the way they meekly ran out of ideas and settled for the defeat.

Truly pathetic. It's pointless saying Wenger must go though because that's been true for years.

Finally though, considering how weak mentally this team is and considering we're fight with Sp*rs for the title, I thought our fans were dreadful. They didn't help at all; loudly moaning and groaning at every misplaced pass instead of trying to encourage them and be the 12th man they so badly needed.

I get we're all frustrated but the fans gave up long before the players and that can only hinder us and help Sp*rs and Leicester.

That's because we are all so fed up to the eyeballs of the same shit year after year after year. Why shouldn't we show our frustrations, when all the owner and Gazidis and the French bloke care about is the money coming in.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

No selfies today? No?

No Walcott interviews about winning the league, sending a message to our rivals? No?

No Wenger talking about our character and mental strength? No...really??? No??

:barscarf:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

DB10GOONER wrote:
That's where a top manager really earns his money. He will lift those players, he'll yell at the ones that respond to that, he'll throw an arm around the ones that respond to that, and he'll rub the ego's of the ones that respond to that. It's called man management and Arsene Wenger has zero fucking clues about it. :|
Absolutey right for all DB10, BUT I disagree, he does do man management, but he is far far too loyal and cannot call someone who is shit shit. In a way hes too kind- hence over pampered squad.
Its all odd though because he didnt seem to be loyal when the invincibles disbanded far to quick- even then I guess it can be explained like RVJC and Cesc they wanted out and he loyally said yes :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:No selfies today? No?

No Walcott interviews about winning the league, sending a message to our rivals? No?

No.

:D

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

DB10GOONER wrote:

No.

ps and thank you for your interest in our affairs :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Theoperator wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

No.

We don't want his kind in the club. :wink:

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Let me state this first, from minute one I thought Swansea were a rank bad team, and despite winning I dont change my opinion at all.
That tells you all you need to know about our current bunch, they let a bunch of journeymen, littered with championship standard players take all 3 points off us, at our gaff.
Strange that although it was a shit performance overall we hit the framework 3 times, and could have scraped a scruffy victory.
I would imagine the performance would then have been overlooked by a grinning Le Fraud, with plenty of mentions of spirit, desire, and mental strength.
As it was he looked a beaten man in the post match interview, no talk of bouncing back, or getting a reaction on Saturday, just a tired look, and another shit excuse.
Ozil should have been a bit more physical with the chap trying to hold him, shown some backbone, for me it was a 50/50 challege, or with Ozil more like 20/80
Even if it was a foul that is no reason to all stand still, although with Mert its not easy to tell if he is standing still or jogging, running is not an option with him.
When they bundled the ball over the line for the winner I looked across at Le Fraud, he was marching out of his technical area again, to bitch at the 4th official, holding up 2 fingers. What was his perceived injustice this time? it was a clear free kick, no one obstructed Cech as he kindly let the ball bounce off Williams, while our defence stood in a neat, tidy line.
Agreed, I also looked over at the twat and couldn't believe he was going immediately for the 4th official. A) What was the gripe? it was a stupid foul by Gabriel and having seen the goal now on TV, I didn't see anything other than a Cech mistake B) How about turning to the team and trying to rally them?

I don't think its ever been his strong point, motivation, but maybe its time to get a manager who actually inspires the players and can affect their mentality on the pitch.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

No.

We don't want his kind in the club. :wink:
I don't want my kind at the club, thank you very much. :barscarf: :wink:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Theoperator wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

No.

Lets be positive, we are playing in such a way thats its impossible for any of our players to be 'tapped up' by another club, and losing focus, and therefore ensuring our title chance is not derailed, thats according to our great leader.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Yet another shameful result. It isn't that much of a surprise though, which is the damning thing about us.

We know that TOF should have been hounded out a long time ago, but we'll be stuck with him until 2019 - If they ever fucking announce that terrible news.

I missed the second half due to punching my other laptop to a likely death. Just as well I missed that shite. All this fucking sideways football does nothing. It's cowardly, like our squad and our manager. Our goal was a good piece of forward play, a through ball latched on to for a quick finish. I'd sooner watch that than 100 nothing passes that end nowhere.

It was ridiculous to hear football snob Gareth Parker on the latest Footballistically Arsenal podcast sucking off Giroud for his off the ball work. Sorry Gareth, I prefer a striker to stay off the defender's shoulder and score goals, not be a fucking lamp-post. We just don't score enough goals and with Sanchez struggling there's no-one else to score them.

The cards seem to be stacked for us to lose to the scum at the weekend. I cannot bear it, but maybe TOF will finally be put under pressure by the media, which is long, long overdue. That wanker doesn't react well to his failures being brought up, let alone questioned and gets very sarcastic and rude.

I do wish this purgatory would end :suicide:

M3Gooner

Post by M3Gooner »

I was in block 30 last night - sat behind 3 Asian tourists who spent most the time taking photos, recording the match, and whats aping to their mates. Was shouted at repeatedly by an elderly bloke to sit down. Easily one of my worst visits to the grove.

First half I thought we were quite decent and bit unlucky to be level.

2nd half was totally different - Can't remember getting in behind them at all and making Flappy work. I just sat there in the last 5mins of injury time with my arms folded. Very disappointing.

We really need to change the shape of the team esp until Santi is back as it just doesn't suit the current midfield personnel.
Why not try playing 3 at the back? push Bellerin and Monreal up, 3 in the middle of the park and Ozil off Alexis or Welbeck.