Good Luck MrGnu!!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: Good Luck MrGnu!!

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:I've only just seen this.....Good luck Mrgnuy, my mum has recently beaten this horrible fucker....stay strong big fella :barscarf:
Jaysus mate, delighted to hear your mom got through it. Lost my dad to this horrible desease but my mom beat breast cancer in 2003.

Cheers Mate, and olgit, happy your mum got through it and sad you lost your dad to it, it took my dad 18 years ago, seems like yesterday though.

Mum had a very rare cancer (in her leg) and originally had an op in her mid forties to remove it, they were going to follow this up with radio therapy but were so convinced they had removed it all didn't do the radio therapy.

20 years later it came back in the same place.

They have removed it again and are going to check her on a regular basis, while in hospital they made a few fuck ups that when you read you would think it was a comedy sketch.

The operation was carried out in London (Stanmore) and they were brilliant, she was then taken Winchester hospital (near home) to recuperate, while there they had two female physios see her every day to get her back on her feet as quick as possible.

Well they did it a bit too quick, having just had a major part of her thigh muscle removed they stood her up and her leg gave way and she collapsed and this broke her fibula (they slapped a back cast on this as it is non weight bearing bone).

My mum never complained once and said it was just an accident (her 10 children weren't so impressed), within a few days both female physios return and put her in a chair, lock up the two hand supports on the chair so she can help herself up on her feet (well only one was locked correctly) so on stainding herself up after a major op on her thigh and with a broken fibula 2 days previous the hand support that wasn't locked collapses, my mum falls towards one of the physios at her side who amazzingly stepped away and let her fall, fracturing her ankle!

We later found out from other inpatients that the same physio had dropped another patient and because she herself had a bad knee would not risk injuring herself to help my mum. We checked the accident book in the hosptial and neither incident was logged so we had the top doctors and management come and exlpain why.

Most of my brothers and sisters have their own business's and are very clued up on health and safety so to say the NHS were embarassed and apologetic to the extreme is an understatement, we are not the type of people to ask for compensation so my mum said that an apology was enough.

All through this my mum actually laughed about it and said it was like being in the set of a carry on film :shock: :lol: , mum is a really tough cookie, she was a really good ballereina when younger and very athletic so losing so much of her muscle must have been heartbreaking but she never showed it and is back doing her voluntary work and walking everywhere.

She is round for Sunday roast tomoroow and a few glasses of vino, taxi home will be order of the day :lol:
Holy Christ, mate. They really put your mum through the wringer! :shock: But seriously, what a woman. Good on her! 8)

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

10 children! The woman deserves a medal of honour. :D

Seriously, I wish her all the best.

8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Cheers DB mate and Crow.

Yes 10 kids :lol: , my mum was so fast when we were young that if you gave her backchat no fekin way was you outrunning her, I could be half way accross the field behind our house and look over my shoulder in trepidation, if I saw her flick her shoes off I was in a race for my life :shock: (well a good thick ear :lol: ).

No wonder I ended up sprinting for the town, fear has to be the best training ever :shock: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

arseofacrow wrote:10 children! The woman deserves a medal of honour. :D

8)
Me too lefty

LeftfootlegendGooner

flash gunner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:10 children! The woman deserves a medal of honour. :D

8)
Me too lefty

Cheers dude 8)

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

mrgnu put this on facebook today ( I hope he won't mind me quoting it)....

"just a quicker coz me brothers here and me sisters just going home.

Im now cancer free ..only gotta have 6 chemo sessions and 5 years on tablets xxxxxx"

:)

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Good news.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

olgitgooner wrote:mrgnu put this on facebook today ( I hope he won't mind me quoting it)....

Im now cancer free ..only gotta have 6 chemo sessions and 5 years on tablets xxxxxx"

That's great news, Kevin. Pass on my regards to mrgnu and tell him I'm so happy he's over the worst if you get a chance. 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

olgitgooner wrote:mrgnu put this on facebook today ( I hope he won't mind me quoting it)....

Great news, very happy for him.......I shall raise a glass and toast his good health, and every other fuckers on here come to that matter :barscarf: :lol:

REB

Post by REB »

Good news. Good health. Peter :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

Good news. Good health. Peter :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Good news. All the best mrgnu

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

good news, always good when someone beats cancer. good on him. long journey still though.

TL what hospital in stanmore was it your mum was at? RNOH?

LeftfootlegendGooner

skizz_b wrote:good news, always good when someone beats cancer. good on him. long journey still though.

It was my mum in Stanmore Hospital Skizz (well I didn't see TL mention it), yes it was RNOH, if I am right it was an old barracks hospital, looks very dated but care was second to none.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
skizz_b wrote:good news, always good when someone beats cancer. good on him. long journey still though.

It was my mum in Stanmore Hospital Skizz (well I didn't see TL mention it), yes it was RNOH, if I am right it was an old barracks hospital, looks very dated but care was second to none.
he talks so much i assume every post is his lmao :lol:

thought it was, my mrs was in there in January last year having a couple of ops, excellent hospital. doesn't have to be shiny and new it's the people who work there that matter. pain in the arse to get to though!that hill ruined me several times seeing as she was in for 3 weeks :(