Kenneth Graham Sansom

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: Kenneth Graham Sansom

Post by Theoperator »

Shouldnt this be the ongoing thread?

Hardly mention it but seems that a Mod started the new one :rubchin: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Theoperator wrote:Shouldnt this be the ongoing thread?

One of the real mods or one of the few wannabe mods. :wink:
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Re: Kenny Sansom

Post by Redarmy »

This is a tragic story, he was a truly great left back, and a nice guy, met him in a pub in Twickenham by the river was with another couple of friends, now of all times he needs those friends he can't get out of this himself, wishing him all the best

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

The only person that can really help him is himself, he has got to want to do it otherwise nothing will change. Sad yes but there are a lot of people suffering the same problem, you don't hear about them much. Get a grip Sansom and help yourself.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, you're right - I should have checked all threads over the last 2 years before starting a new one. Silly me :roll: :lol:

bunch

Post by bunch »

Just heartbreaking to see Kenny like this. Praying he can pull himself out of this, I don't know much about alcoholism but from what I understand it needs for Kenny find the will to stop drinking.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Tragic to see.....we all have our demons, sadly his are winning :(

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

Nuggets wrote:The only person that can really help him is himself, he has got to want to do it otherwise nothing will change. Sad yes but there are a lot of people suffering the same problem, you don't hear about them much. Get a grip Sansom and help yourself.
It's an illness, its not just as simple as 'getting a grip'.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nuggets wrote:The only person that can really help him is himself, he has got to want to do it otherwise nothing will change. Sad yes but there are a lot of people suffering the same problem, you don't hear about them much. Get a grip Sansom and help yourself.
Sorry mate, not having a pop, but having watched my mate literally drink himself to death, I can tell you it is just not as simple as "getting a grip" or even "helping yourself". It is a hugely complex illness that can, in extreme cases, lead to total self destruction. :|

scfc64

Post by scfc64 »

Saw this and thought I'd share a story with you. Between 75-80 I did my schooling at Haling Manor in Croydon (Harris Academy now,ffs)anyway, Kenny Sansom was the star a player at Palace at the time. His brother (David) went to my school,he was in the year above me. He seemed to be a decent lad but he did have a bit of the 'big I am' about him,girls followed him like lost puppies. One day Kenny walk in to the school at lunch time,found his brother on Purley Way fields, eating his lunch surrounded by his followers and picked him up by the scruff of the neck and told him basically to stop being a twat. He was very sheepish after that.

Its over 37 years since it happened but I expect (or hope) they still talk about it now. Sansom, Swindlehurst, Taylor...Great times back then. I wish him a quick recovery, it is an illness,hope he gets the help he needs. Have a good summer....I expect you'll be on you yachts in the south of France by now....have fun.. :) :) :)
Last edited by scfc64 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

remigardeshair wrote:
absolutely, the guy needs help badly

markyp

Post by markyp »

lets pray he get the help he needs before its too late,absolutely gutting to see him like that :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

g88ner wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, you're right - I should have checked all threads over the last 2 years before starting a new one. Silly me :roll: :lol:
Yup!. :mrgreen:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I thought he was back on the wagon - he'd got some work on talkshyte and others were helping him....

It is just truly SAD...and I so wish there is something that could be done. :cry:

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

remigardeshair wrote:
I know it's an illness as I suffer from the same one, and yes it is a case of wanting to help yourself, there is help available but he has got to do it and want it. Sometimes people need tough love, until he finds his rock bottom he will keep on drinking change has to come from within. Yes I feel sorry for him but at the end of the day he has GOT to help himself. He is drinking because he want's to rather than give it up, I hope he finds the courage to get help and sort himself out.