The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The January Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
foxinthebox2001 wrote:Silvestre's contract with some Indian club expires Jan 1st, watch Wenger swoop (with about 30 minutes left in the window).
In December google 'defenders broken back', that should give a clue into who else arrives.
Santos is playing in India now apparently. His quest to eat every country in the World continues.
Another slight amendment. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

profits from eateries in Brazil took a nose dive recently - When asked if it was due to the slump after the world cup - their Ministro das Finanças (Minister for Finance) replied "Não é porque Santos deixou o país" (No! It is because Santos has left the country).

Hey! Arsene I want Two portions of everything at half time okay! - and don't forget the fries and large coke.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

I would be happy with that players that detest our culture, are indifferent to the vermin, and have no idea about the NLD.
But who can keep a good defensive shape, don't give the ball away, don't get caught yards upfield when our opponents are bearing down on our goal, and can defend a cross into the box. And more importantly who can stand up to Wenger and say to him"f**k your ludicrous tactics I demand to play in my best position, and screw this zonal marking bullshit which is destroying us, I will mark a player".

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:I would be happy with that players that detest our culture, are indifferent to the vermin, and have no idea about the NLD.
But who can keep a good defensive shape, don't give the ball away, don't get caught yards upfield when our opponents are bearing down on our goal, and can defend a cross into the box. And more importantly who can stand up to Wenger and say to him"f**k your ludicrous tactics I demand to play in my best position, and screw this zonal marking bullshit which is destroying us, I will mark a player".
Ah, yes... the great Russian player, Igor Duznotexist. :lol:

Raggy

Post by Raggy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Afc5123 wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... indow.html

I would be fucking glad if this were to happen. Think we could still get around £10 million for him.
Shame about Lukas Podolski he has one of the best goal conversion ratios in the PL but Wenger seems to have lost trust with him so we have another Arshavin case. Hope he gets the move for his sake personally
Pod will go on the Wenger lists of "missed opportunities" and "unfulfilled potential at Arsenal" where Arsene signed an actual top class player and then through his own ego and ineptitude either wasted that talent or almost destroyed it. Podolski, AA23, Cesc (should have built a proper team around him in 2008). :x

Soon to be added, I fear; Ozil and Sanchez. :( :|
I disagree on the latter. He has been played regularly and in his favoured position.

Peace

Raggy

Post by Raggy »

Why am I hearing rumours of us having only 20 million to spend in January? Why are we so cautious with the 173 million we have in reserve?

...anyways, I am going to dream here, but for January I would love to see these players come in:

1. Reus
2. Schneiderlin as my 1st choice cdm. If not Carvalho or Bender. Not to sold on Khedira but he could work too
3. Mats Hummels

Sell Poldi since we are not using him.

On another note, Joel looked good the few minutes he was on the pitch vs Hull

Peace

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Raggy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Afc5123 wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... indow.html

I would be fucking glad if this were to happen. Think we could still get around £10 million for him.
Shame about Lukas Podolski he has one of the best goal conversion ratios in the PL but Wenger seems to have lost trust with him so we have another Arshavin case. Hope he gets the move for his sake personally
Pod will go on the Wenger lists of "missed opportunities" and "unfulfilled potential at Arsenal" where Arsene signed an actual top class player and then through his own ego and ineptitude either wasted that talent or almost destroyed it. Podolski, AA23, Cesc (should have built a proper team around him in 2008). :x

Soon to be added, I fear; Ozil and Sanchez. :( :|
I disagree on the latter. He has been played regularly and in his favoured position.

Peace
O. k. Sloooowly, this time... :roll: :wink:

The point being, how long before Wenger's ego gets sick of people pointing out how effective a player can be if played correctly, and he decides Sanchez should be wedged into a position that doesn't suit him, as has happened with AA23 and Ozil.

augie

Post by augie »

For me, sanchez should be part of a front 2 anyway - anything less is failing to maximising his talent imo 8)

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

With Sanchez I think he will stay if he feels the club is going places or if he really likes London.

But as for his position he genuinely can play in a few and has done so for previous clubs.

Several options -

4-2-3-1 - Sanchez central, with Walcott right and Gnabry left, and Welbeck up front - that gives us swirling pace.

4-2-3-1 - Sanchez wide left, Cazorla central, Walcott wide and Welbeck up front - more orthodox, gives us balance.

4-4-2 - Sanchez next to Giroud, who plays more of a back-to-goal pivot role, with Walcott wide right, Flamini and Ramsey in the middle offering engine and in Ramsey's case the odd goal, and Oxlade-Chamberlain wide left offering a bit of power.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:For me, sanchez should be part of a front 2 anyway - anything less is failing to maximising his talent imo 8)
I'd agree. He can certainly play wide, but I reckon he'd score a fuckfull as part of a front 2.

Still, sooner or later, The Ego will use him as a DM. :lol: :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

QuartzGooner wrote:With Sanchez I think he will stay if he feels the club is going places or if he really likes London.

But as for his position he genuinely can play in a few and has done so for previous clubs.

Several options -

4-2-3-1 - Sanchez central, with Walcott right and Gnabry left, and Welbeck up front - that gives us swirling pace.

4-2-3-1 - Sanchez wide left, Cazorla central, Walcott wide and Welbeck up front - more orthodox, gives us balance.

4-4-2 - Sanchez next to Giroud, who plays more of a back-to-goal pivot role, with Walcott wide right, Flamini and Ramsey in the middle offering engine and in Ramsey's case the odd goal, and Oxlade-Chamberlain wide left offering a bit of power.
Yeah. Be a good man and drop Captain Stupid and you might be onto something there. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:With Sanchez I think he will stay if he feels the club is going places or if he really likes London.

Several options -

Yeah. Be a good man and drop Captain Stupid and you might be onto something there. :lol:

You beat me to it - personally I think steve o is pushing for flamoney to be our main man :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Several options -

You beat me to it - personally I think steve o is pushing for flamoney to be our main man :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

He fucking loves him. LOVES him! :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ozil to Man City in January story getting a bit of an airing today. Thing is if it happens Ozil would be a hit there because his manager would appreciate his talent and use him accordingly.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:Ozil to Man City in January story getting a bit of an airing today. Thing is if it happens Ozil would be a hit there because his manager would appreciate his talent and use him accordingly.

Hardly give us david silva in exchange would they ? Knowing our luck we'll probably get the "three good months in 3 seasons" lesbo c.unt back :evil: :evil: :evil: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: