Red Star Belgrade Home UEFA Cup *positive posts only*

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Red Star Belgrade Home UEFA Cup *positive posts only*

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:11 am
Napoli, AC Milan, Dortmund and Atletico Madrid. The UEFA Cup could get very interesting in the latter rounds 8) - bloody great stuff.

You still confident after looking at that list flash ? You threw in the names of celtic and Spartak Moscow like they were the best of the 3rd place teams we can expect to face, but the reality is that they are in fact the weakest of the 3rd place teams (although only losing 2-1 to Bayern is something this Arsenal team can only dream about :roll: ) and only a fool would back us to win this abortion of a football competition IF they are all in it

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:44 am
g88ner wrote:
Napoli, AC Milan, Dortmund and Atletico Madrid. The UEFA Cup could get very interesting in the latter rounds 8) - bloody great stuff.

You still confident after looking at that list flash ? You threw in the names of celtic and Spartak Moscow like they were the best of the 3rd place teams we can expect to face, but the reality is that they are in fact the weakest of the 3rd place teams (although only losing 2-1 to Bayern is something this Arsenal team can only dream about :roll: ) and only a fool would back us to win this abortion of a football competition IF they are all in it
You're banned from posting in this thread now augie :moderator:

:wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

In order to win the competition I am positive that any team will need to be able to retain shape when not in possession and be able to deal with free/corner kicks !
Moreover the winners will require a game plan for each of their specific opponents in the knockout phase in which they will seek to exploit identified weaknesses whilst nullifying their strengths .
Arsenal have a history of this from 1969 to 1994 !
The PSG and Parma games where lessons in how to play winner takes all football, they should ask Bouldy how it's done !

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:44 am
g88ner wrote:
I'd make Atletico favourites as they have recent and real CL pedigree (they'll also have Diego Costa too).

The others look about our level really so I wouldn't dismiss our chances.

The caveat to that is if Wenger plays a weakened team in the latter rounds!

Anyway, I'm sure we can all agree the UEFA cup has been a breath of fresh air so long may it continue!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:44 am
In order to win the competition I am positive that any team will need to be able to retain shape when not in possession and be able to deal with free/corner kicks !
Moreover the winners will require a game plan for each of their specific opponents in the knockout phase in which they will seek to exploit identified weaknesses whilst nullifying their strengths .
The PSG and Parma games where lessons in how to play winner takes all football, they should ask Bouldy how it's done !
Who should?? Can you imagine Wenger's reaction if somebody had to suggest a game plan other than his?? That is why we fail so often, top people try surround themselves with the very best people and value their input. Wenger tries to do everything himself yet, accepts none of the responsibility for the continuous failure.

I truly believe that if Bould left and nobody replaced him nobody would notice the difference. I mean seriously does anyone thing Bould is speaking to Mertersacker?? If Bould had to bollock Mertersacker for turning his back Wenger would probably go ballistic.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 am
xisstential wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:34 am
flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:25 am
xisstential wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:26 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:42 pm

looking at the groups now, half way through, the teams in 3rd are average too mate. Athletico, Spartak Moscow :? and Celtic :? :? being the best of them
You're looking at the teams dropping down...I bet it's a team already in the comp who knocks us out..somebody like Lyon. I wish I was watching the Arsenal you've been watching this season.
Cheer up mate FFS
I'm fine...I just choose to live in reality. Bad enough we have to put up with Wenger...I have no intention of morphing into him, and his absurd view of his football team.
Enjoy the ride dude. In all seriousness this is a forum for everyone not just your forum. If someone wants to be positive and enjoy Arsenal and the competitions we are in they should be allowed to without ridicule. I want Wenger out as much, if not more than you but doesnt mean i cant enjoy or look forward to watching my team. I might not make post where i call everyone C**TS in caps and appear to screech and scream like some or only negative like others.

As DB10 said before if you cant get ANY enjoyment from Arsenal time to watch another sport or past time or p**s off down the scum :D
You just ooze class...I look forward to you telling General, Augie, Steve O, Jumpers etc...the same thing. Oh and One Bard too. He'll love you for it.

I don't care if you want to look at the team through Wenger glasses, you cannot expect all of us to see your version of reality. I love Arsenal, we all do, I feel sick when I see what is going on there, the conniving, scheming, money making bullshit by a gang of investment bankers who treat us like shit... and still people go back for more.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Look....

That is all. Thank you.

Herd

Post by Herd »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:46 pm
Herd wrote:
Who should?? Can you imagine Wenger's reaction if somebody had to suggest a game plan other than his?? That is why we fail so often, top people try surround themselves with the very best people and value their input. Wenger tries to do everything himself yet, accepts none of the responsibility for the continuous failure.

I truly believe that if Bould left and nobody replaced him nobody would notice the difference. I mean seriously does anyone thing Bould is speaking to Mertersacker?? If Bould had to bollock Mertersacker for turning his back Wenger would probably go ballistic.
Er the post was meant to sound tongue in cheek X ,I fully realise that Bould does very very little at the club and certainly no coaching but he puts the cones out so he does more than boro primark who gets paid a cool 3 million a year for being the Wenger whisperer ! still I would happily do his job !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:49 pm
xisstential wrote:
Herd wrote:

Er the post was meant to sound tongue in cheek X ,I fully realise that Bould does very very little at the club and certainly no coaching but he puts the cones out so he does more than boro primark who gets paid a cool 3 million a year for being the Wenger whisperer ! still I would happily do his job !
I know mate, I'm not having a go at you... Bould was an absolute warrior..makes me sick to just see him sitting there like a homeless man at a bus shelter. He, like Adams, could probably instil a steel like discipline in our rag tag defence, but he's not allowed to.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Herd wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Herd wrote:

The Parma game was a perfect example of getting a job done,GG knew what was needed and had the team and tactics to do it,when everyone had written us off,very Mourinho-like actually,the Wenger vanity project would never allow him to go to a final just to win the trophy or certain game,

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:57 pm
Herd wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Herd wrote:

I know mate, I'm not having a go at you... Bould was an absolute warrior..makes me sick to just see him sitting there like a homeless man at a bus shelter. He, like Adams, could probably instil a steel like discipline in our rag tag defence, but he's not allowed to.
Bould would probably still be one of the better defenders at the club now,what with the current crop of bottle jobs,maybe we've been spoilt with some of the defenders we had in the past.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:50 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 am
xisstential wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:34 am
flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:25 am
xisstential wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:26 pm

You're looking at the teams dropping down...I bet it's a team already in the comp who knocks us out..somebody like Lyon. I wish I was watching the Arsenal you've been watching this season.
Cheer up mate FFS
I'm fine...I just choose to live in reality. Bad enough we have to put up with Wenger...I have no intention of morphing into him, and his absurd view of his football team.
Enjoy the ride dude. In all seriousness this is a forum for everyone not just your forum. If someone wants to be positive and enjoy Arsenal and the competitions we are in they should be allowed to without ridicule. I want Wenger out as much, if not more than you but doesnt mean i cant enjoy or look forward to watching my team. I might not make post where i call everyone C**TS in caps and appear to screech and scream like some or only negative like others.

As DB10 said before if you cant get ANY enjoyment from Arsenal time to watch another sport or past time or p**s off down the scum :D
You just ooze class...I look forward to you telling General, Augie, Steve O, Jumpers etc...the same thing. Oh and One Bard too. He'll love you for it.

I don't care if you want to look at the team through Wenger glasses, you cannot expect all of us to see your version of reality. I love Arsenal, we all do, I feel sick when I see what is going on there, the conniving, scheming, money making bullshit by a gang of investment bankers who treat us like shit... and still people go back for more.
X mate the piss off down the scum comment was a joke which many AKB's have used before. Not meant in any way by me. You do need to chill out this one man crusade of yours isn't healthy..... and I'm happy to go toe to toe with any of the posters you've mentioned but it probably won't happen as I agree with almost all of what they write, just still love Arsenal too

Seeing as my positivity is getting personal I'll spell it out one more time....... I do not view Arsenal through Wenger glasses I detest the man and the other board members chief exec and owner. Last season I was getting more and more despondent and starting to hate the club and I thought to myself what the fuck is going on? Arsenal has been a big part of my life for 40 or so years, I'm not letting a bunch of *word censored* ruin it for me. My dad loved Arsenal, his dad too am I going to fuck a part of my past/family up forever??? My daughters now love Arsenal do I ban them from watching?

One day Wenger will go, I will still be here supporting Arsenal :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully we'll qualify tonight! 8)

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Flash - I've wrestled with the same dilemma mate. We must be a similar age cos I've been a Gooner for 40 years so we've both seen good times and bad. Where I struggle now is that even in the 70s or mid 80s, when we were shite and playing in front of half empty stadiums, I never, never felt that I was being ripped off or mugged off. But I do now - on an industrial scale.

I just cannot pay £100 or so, turn up and cheer a team full of millionaire cowards that I can't identify with, especially when they are managed by an out of date egotist that I know holds nothing but contempt for me. And even more especially when the whole shebang is owned by a disinterested American parasite. My cheering indicates to them that I agree with what they're doing when I don't.

X and I organised the protests last season not to damage Arsenal but in a vain hope of returning us to the days where you could be proud of the 11 players out there fighting for us. I don't expect to win every match but seeing our lot wave the white flag so many times just kills me. We are seen as a massive soft touch now. It was impossible to argue against what Troy Deeney said - Troy bloody Deeney !!!

I've taken my son a few times and I could weep, honestly mate I could weep. £7.50 hot dogs, half and half scarves, being able to hear the players when I'm in the upper tier, people having to ask who Rocky is.

I wish I could get some enjoyment out of Arsenal but I fear that won't happen until Wenger and Kroenke have gone. The thought of lining their greedy pockets makes me feel sick. Add into that Keswick's open contempt for us and I have to question how anyone can enjoy spending so much money to watch modern Arsenal.

We have to force change before too much more damage is done, because as you say - we'llbe here long after they've gone.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Is that Wenger arse licker John Hartson on the mic??...our former striker who makes Giroud look like Ronaldo.

And he talks like he's in an old age home...Happy days.