Jack Wilshere merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Jack Wilshere

Post by Bradywasking »

I would rate him, but like many Arsenal players in the last ten years he has not developed as he should have. Obviously injuries have played a part of that. When he came back this season he was like a breath of fresh air because it looked like he was one who actually cared..
I always felt he was one moment away from being given dropped regardless of what he done, said it before on the thread that I don't think Wenger likes him and a fit Xhaka and Ramsey would always get preference.
In the Cup Final in honestly felt that Jack was going to get sent off, he was frustrated and petulant and eventually booked for sarcastically applauding the ref...He may have continued that into the dressing room which wouldn't have gone down well with Wenger and his babies.
Under a proper manager and a proper system I would like to see him get one more chance..

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:59 am
I would rate him, but like many Arsenal players in the last ten years he has not developed as he should have. Obviously injuries have played a part of that. When he came back this season he was like a breath of fresh air because it looked like he was one who actually cared..
I always felt he was one moment away from being given dropped regardless of what he done, said it before on the thread that I don't think Wenger likes him and a fit Xhaka and Ramsey would always get preference.
In the Cup Final in honestly felt that Jack was going to get sent off, he was frustrated and petulant and eventually booked for sarcastically applauding the ref...He may have continued that into the dressing room which wouldn't have gone down well with Wenger and his babies.
Under a proper manager and a proper system I would like to see him get one more chance..

Ditto - I know that he has a poor injury record but this season he seems to be bucking that trend (hope I'm not jinxing him now). He is a class player and I am appaled at the way they are treating him when you consider that they are now paying 350k per week to a guy that has had less good games in his time at the club, than jack has had in the same period. If/When a new manager comes in, you would want jack there as one of the ones to build around because a team always needs a spine of lads with a knowledge of the club and that have been there a few years

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The word DEVELOPMENT is not in the clubs vocabulary!
It's not just Wilshere for Christs sake, it's the whole squad, and Kroenkes self sustaining model of selling before we buy, he is a crook, and Wenger should be arrested for impersonating a football coach!
Leave Jack alone, he has been to hell and back under that egotistical monster!... :cussing:

nut flush gooner

Wilshere Contract

Post by nut flush gooner »

Arsenal at it again allowing another players contract to run down, this time I think they are taking the piss out of Jack. Wenger clearly doesn’t like him, personally I would be more happy for Ramsey to leave.

Edit, breaking news on SSN Wilshere not travelled to Amsterdam. FFS not another injury.

Allgunsblazin

Re: Wilshere Contract

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The quicker the little fecker gets away from Lord Wenger, oldest manager in history the better....

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Latest insult to the fans from the c.untslop in charge

Allgunsblazin

Re: Jack Wilshere merged thread

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Let's take a look at Wengers favourite cock suckers,
Denilson, he was like the father I never had!
Abou Diaby, he was like a father to me....

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

See he's out of the game against Holland due to injury.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Wilshere should be kept.

Its ridiculous he could leave on a free - another fuck up of an asset going into the last 12 months.

Its happened with Nasri, RVP, Sanchez and Ozil before he signed. Planning is non-existent.

augie

Post by augie »

I am praying to god that jack is waiting to see if there is a change of manager in the summer before deciding whether to stay or go - one thing is for certain, if he decides to leave he will not be short of offers from other clubs :cry: I would think that, IF a new manager was to arrive in the summer, extending jack's contract for a year would suit everyone as it would both parties a chance to see if they would suit each others gameplan going forward.

Sadly I fear that decisions will be made long before that, and Jack knows already that wenker doesnt want to keep him :evil:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Absolutely crazy that - having kept him and paid him a small fortune for so long when we could have justifiably sold him years ago - now that he’s returned to some form and fitness we’re going to watch him go for free.

Obviously if he’s making stupid demands that changes the picture, but that’s not my instinct.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:24 am
Absolutely crazy that - having kept him and paid him a small fortune for so long when we could have justifiably sold him years ago - now that he’s returned to some form and fitness we’re going to watch him go for free.

Obviously if he’s making stupid demands that changes the picture, but that’s not my instinct.
It's Arsenal that is being unreasonable here, asking him to take a pay cut when they just upped Ozils salary to £300k a week. Great for team harmony that sort of policy. Walcott got a big fat pay rise last time around, so Jack has every right to feel aggrieved especially with the hard work he has put in this season forcing himself back into the team. Xhaka has been hugely disappointing since he joined, seeing him picked ahead of Jack does make the mind boggle at times.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

He’s Shite

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:34 am
He’s Shite
:lol: :lol:

Had forgotten about your vierwpoint, Sid!

Wouldn't go that far, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see the back of him. As a useful squad player he's ok, but don't really want him as a lynchpin. There's a whole world of better players out there. :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

arseofacrow wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:27 pm
goonersid wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:34 am
He’s Shite
:lol: :lol:

Had forgotten about your vierwpoint, Sid!

Wouldn't go that far, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see the back of him. As a useful squad player he's ok, but don't really want him as a lynchpin. There's a whole world of better players out there. :barscarf:
Exactly.

"Jack Wilshere has been ruled out of England's friendly with the Netherlands on Friday night in Amsterdam because of a knee injury." - and this is yet another example of why we should get rid of him.