Donation Details for Steve Hope (Charlie!Charlie!)

Share details of Arsenal items for sale (NOT tickets), news of forthcoming events and fundraising with your fellow Gooners here.
HashKads

Post by HashKads »

flash gunner wrote:I think the stone outside the armoury is an excellent idea but just a suggestion any money over from the stone might be better spent given to a cancer charity or something, flowers are nice but afterwards go to waste at least if the excess money goes to charity it might do some good long term.

As i said just a suggestion and if flowers are decided upon that is no probs at all with me
Yeah agree with you Flash, flowers are nice but after a couple of days their spoiled. Where as money to a charity or the fund for the daughters may go that little way more.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Contribution on its way to you Jason.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

flash gunner wrote:I think the stone outside the armoury is an excellent idea but just a suggestion any money over from the stone might be better spent given to a cancer charity or something, flowers are nice but afterwards go to waste at least if the excess money goes to charity it might do some good long term.

As i said just a suggestion and if flowers are decided upon that is no probs at all with me
It all depends on the funeral arrangements. Which will be decided by Steve's family. Some funerals have floral tributes. Some don't. If they decide they want flowers, then a nice wreath from us lot would probably be very welcome. Flowers and leaves die off. But the family get a list of tributes from the funeral directors. A message of sympathy from "All Steve's mates from the Online Gooner" or something like that would be a nice touch, maybe?

Any surplus money beyond that could be sent to a charity. Again, it's up to Steve's family.

I'm still feeling cut up. About a man I never met. Human nature is not all a bad thing.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I have strong feelings about flowers at funerals and at my mum's it was absolutely our decision to restrict it to family only and get others to donate......

So for Steve.....I agree that it's 100% up to his family.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I agree that a charity is deserving but I do also think that a wreath is fitting.

Maybe this should be something longer term where we get flowers for the day but also all contribute whatever we can afford to a cancer charity?

It could be that we contribute £50 this time instead of flowers but surely it is better to get a great wreath and ten all contribute £2 a month to a chosen cancer charity?

An ongoing support is better than a one off and personally I think Steve deserves a wreath.

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Percy Dalton wrote:I agree that a charity is deserving but I do also think that a wreath is fitting.

Maybe this should be something longer term where we get flowers for the day but also all contribute whatever we can afford to a cancer charity?

It could be that we contribute £50 this time instead of flowers but surely it is better to get a great wreath and ten all contribute £2 a month to a chosen cancer charity?

An ongoing support is better than a one off and personally I think Steve deserves a wreath.
I agree with Percy, our mate Steve was a Gooner thru and thru and if anyone deserves an Arsenal related wreath, then it was him. I do agree that a longer term committment to a charity is something that I would encourage everyone to do, no matter how small the monthly donation may be, as they say, every little helps.

At the end of the day it will be Steves family that decide how the money should be spent and I know that we will all respect their wishes.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Percy Dalton wrote:I agree that a charity is deserving but I do also think that a wreath is fitting.

Thats fair enough

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Sorry Im so late on board with this. I dont have a paypal account either. One of my postie mates has one so Ill have a word with him tomorrow to see if I can pay him and he can put it in for me. Well done to everybody as well. Although many of you never met Charlie Charlie you still feel connected with him through posts on here and its very touching that despite this sad time for his friends and family that we can do something to show our respects for him

Chunky

Post by 1886 »

Good to see we've raised quite a bit. I'll put a few quid in later on today.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Donated yesterday. Whats the timeframe on the brick looking like?

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Donation sent, always sad to hear of the passing of a passionate fan, my thoughts are with his friends and family

:barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

kingjayson1 wrote:

Yeah agree with you Flash, flowers are nice but after a couple of days their spoiled. Where as money to a charity or the fund for the daughters may go that little way more.
Hear,Hear. His daughters are Steve's,his Wife's ,and his familys flowers, and the Arsenal family should look after them in any little ways we can!!!That's what we do!!!

goonerboz

Post by goonerboz »

donation sent.

R.I.P

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

safcftm wrote:Donation sent, always sad to hear of the passing of a passionate fan, my thoughts are with his friends and family

Well this just goes to show what a great bunch the people on this forum are.
Not even a gooner but still supports the cause for Steve.

Top stuff SAFCTM!!!! :barscarf:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
safcftm wrote:Donation sent, always sad to hear of the passing of a passionate fan, my thoughts are with his friends and family

Well this just goes to show what a great bunch the people on this forum are.
Not even a gooner but still supports the cause for Steve.

Top stuff SAFCTM!!!! :barscarf:
Yes agree, that's class SAFCFTM!!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: