Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Unai Emery

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 pm
Emery made it clear he planned to build his vision around 2 key players he regards as central to his plans - Aubameyang & Ramsey. Emery’s depth of knowledge of every #Arsenal player left Gazidis & his team gobsmacked — & overshadowed every other presentation, including Arteta’s. https://t.co/DHLDXKN54R
Oh dear, and it was all going so well :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I am absolutely delighted with the news!! I haven't stopped smiling since I saw it, to be quite honest. Emery is a very good manager who, like many have done with Barca and Real Madrid et al, suffered due to the super egos at HUGE super clubs (PSG more so due to their money rather than success). If the Barca game is the only blot on his record on managing a team of super egos then fine. People are very quick to forget that Allegri was sacked by Milan because they were piss poor, his final game was a loss to Sassuolo if I remember correctly.

We are apponting a tactical manager who has won ten trophies in five years and won three European Cups in a row. I'm really happy with Emery and I fully back him 100%.
mcdowell42 wrote:
The Sun say Emery blew away #Arsenal’s recruitment team — led by Gazidis, Sanllehi & Mislintat — during a stunning presentation a fortnight ago. He staggered them with a forensic analysis of every player in the squad & provided detailed stats & info on how he would improve them. https://t.co/4zrkaW8NJq
mcdowell42 wrote:
Emery made it clear he planned to build his vision around 2 key players he regards as central to his plans - Aubameyang & Ramsey. Emery’s depth of knowledge of every #Arsenal player left Gazidis & his team gobsmacked — & overshadowed every other presentation, including Arteta’s. https://t.co/DHLDXKN54R
This excites me so much. If true then it is so refreshing to have a manager who commits so much attention to detail to a squad that isn't even his yet.

It was also added on Twitter:

More
Emery’s attention to detail was described as Guardiola-like & the calm passion he displayed immediately won over Gazidis & co. He knew more about the #Arsenal squad & every relevant detail about their career path & injury histories than people who had been at the club for years.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:46 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Oh dear, and it was all going so well :lol:
Ramsey looks great for Wales , think he just needs coaching like a lot of these players , interesting Ozil wasn't mentioned

Post by 1989 »

Unai Emery's red and white army.

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

"If you have money but you don’t generate feeling and emotion, it’s worthless. You can be in the Champions League and generate money but if you get knocked out in the group it means nothing to the fans." Emery

Kreonke will be shocked :shock: :lol:

The more I read the more I like this guy :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Maybe Emery will bring Nzonzi with him? He signed him for Sevilla after all.

A proper DM. :barscarf:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Delighted with this, the Wengerbots who all craved Arteta are in serious distress, won't lie, was coming around to idea but never happy with it, this I am.

Have to accept that this is the level we are at now, we are not going to challenge for the PL Title anytime soon so have to aim for the next level down and he has a decent enough track record, better than a rookie Spanish Steve Bould anyway.

Hoping he shakes things up, he won't have the egos to deal with like he did at PSG, maybe he was out of his depth there, won't be here that's for sure.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The reaction on social media of some "Arsenal Fans" is funny. Delighted by said reaction though because it proves for once and for all that it was Wenger and not the club they were supporting.
I was willing to give Arteta time but this appointment makes sense I so many ways.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm gonna hold off merging the now (hopefully) defunct Arteta thread in case I jinx this deal! :lol:

It's not Allegri but the other side of that coin is it's not Arteta! So I'm happy enough. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

But then there is the fact he was a pretty shit player. Apparently that is the most important factor in whether he'll be a good manager or not. Apparently. :roll:

:D :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:51 am
I'm gonna hold off merging the now (hopefully) defunct Arteta thread in case I jinx this deal! :lol:

It's not Allegri but the other side of that coin is it's not Arteta! So I'm happy enough. 8)
Thats exactly how i feel.

Im really happy it isnt Arteta :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It could be the first season in about 8 years where I can go into it with a real sense of anticipation and actually looking forward to it. Please appoint Emery.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:51 am

It crossed my mind that this may have been a set up..Arsenal fans wanted Allegri , which was never a possibility in reality.. So the club get friends in the media to float the Artea story and then at the last minute the club spring Emery and it is seen as a stroke of genius and an upgrade on Arteta. As you say not Allegri but not Arteta either..Or in reality Arsenal really couldn't care less about fan's opinions.

Post by 1989 »