The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: Groundhog transfer deadline day thread

Post by the playing mantis »

gp543 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:That most reliable of sources caughtoffside go with the story.....HE'S GONNA SPEND BIG !

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's plans to revitalise his squad include a £40m spending spree to bring in Manchester City defender Micah Richards, 25, Swansea striker Wilfried Bony, 25, and Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 24.

Full story: Caughtoffside.com

None of those 3 are coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Piss take aside, I'm sure I'm not the only who'd be pleased of this came off?
same old same old 4th place arteta averageness. signings like this are just mor of the same. maybe a slight improvement but not signinficant. waste of 40m.

the playing mantis

BournemouthRED wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:Loic Remy is coming :lol: :roll: :banghead: :barscarf:
2 league goals less than giroud in 10 less games.

The thing is giroud misses ALOT of chances, remy is a natural finisher.

He aint costa/saurez/cavani but hes a decent perm league ready player. I would take him mate! 8)
I put Remy in the same class as Giroud. He's OK, might get 20 goals a season, but not the world class striker we need to put Chelsea/City/Liverpool etc to the sword...
I thought the same last summer when we were linked with him, i just don't know world class striker is available for us to buy :cry:

suarez didn't set the world alight when he first came to liverpool, however it was always clear he had a serious amount of skill and stood out from the rest.

a lot of people want benzema but i fear he could flop big time in the prem, i haven't seen enough of costa to make me think he's world class? remember when lloriente (spelling?) was tipped as the next big striker?

i just want a fucking striker :lol: remy and bony and id be happy :barscarf:
jackson martinez

the playing mantis

markyp wrote:with a choice of Vela or Remy im not fussed although it would be nice to see Vela back in an Arsenal shirt,hes definitely matured and looks a really decent player,i don't see the point is us nurturing these players then loaning them out to get them game time then selling them with a buy back clause and then when they finally show some ability not buying them back,Velas available for peanuts,hes worth a punt for sure otherwise lets just pack up the development system right now :shock:
if vela is the answer christ knows what the question is. far far far too light weight. everyone crapped on about chicarito at united...hes nothing special

the playing mantis

1989 wrote:Bet you never seen him play for Sociedad
seriously how old are u?!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

the playing mantis wrote:
Don't take the piss - his dad is bigger than your's !!

Post by 1989 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
1989 wrote:
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
1989 wrote:Yeah because he's matured now whereas when he was with us he was just a kid who couldn't get to grips with Prem footie.

In our fluid system I reckon he can play upfront on his own. He's not going to push CB's around like Giroud but he's got the technical ability and movement to make it work a la Suarez. Also he's played mainly as a RW and occasionally as a LW for Sociedad so he's versatile. We can stick Feo on the left and Vela on the right and that would work just fine too.

Just because he didn't cut it first time doesn't mean he never will. Chavs let Matic go for a pittance when he was younger and brought him back for a king's ransom after he aced it in the Portuguese league and corrected their mistake. Vela is smashing it in the best league in the world and luckily we have a cheap buy back clause inserted in the deal.
La Liga is not the best league in the world and Vela is not what we need.
See CL finalists. Also Europa League finalist.
Doesn't mean a thing.

Really doesn't reflect the quality of La Liga as a whole compared to the EPL does it?
Premier League is more physical, La Liga is better technically and tactically.

Teams like Hull, Stoke, Palace, Norwich, Cardiff, Fulham, West Brom wouldn't survive in La Liga.

Out of interest which do you think is the best league?

Post by 1989 »

the playing mantis wrote:
I'll give you a hint - Older than 1, younger than 100.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Just seen that Nurnberg got relegatd at the weekend so if Lothar Matthaus wasn't BS'ing then we've once again bought a striker from a division 2 club.

Isn't it nice tha Puma and Emirates are giving us all that lovely Wonga . :oops: :roll: :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

topgoon wrote:Just seen that Nurnberg got relegatd at the weekend so if Lothar Matthaus wasn't BS'ing then we've once again bought a striker from a division 2 club.

Isn't it nice tha Puma and Emirates are giving us all that lovely Wonga . :oops: :roll: :banghead:

Wht striker

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
topgoon wrote:Just seen that Nurnberg got relegatd at the weekend so if Lothar Matthaus wasn't BS'ing then we've once again bought a striker from a division 2 club.

Wht striker

You mean you haven't heard? You're losing it mate :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

No

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Well Lothar Matthaus said we're signing this kid from Nuremburg, yeah? And he's going to be the next Klose apparently

I may have made some or all of this up cos I don't have a clue either

Post by 1989 »

Vela scored again tonight - his 20th of the season.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Wht striker
Josip Drmic, 21yrs old plays for Nurnberg, and correction just double checked they aren't relegated yet but are 2nd from bottom going into the final round of games this w'end so it's not looking good. :oops:

Lothar Matthaus said a couple of weeks ago that the deal was agreed and he was off to North London at the end of the season. Sounds too bold a statement to be made up.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ah yeah now i got it,yeah he was linked with us few weeks back.