Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jumpers For Goalposts

Re: Wenger Out protest, Tuesday 7th March.

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

We're never going to get 100% agreement on how to do this but we've got to try something. It's taken years just to get to this stage so anything is better than nothing.

When I suggested this protest, I had a vision that all of the regulars on here would get together, get on like a house on fire and finally get our message across loud and clear. After all - we've been moaning on here for how long now?

The reason Wenger is still in the job is as much down to inaction on our part as it is to Kroenke sitting on his arse admiring his collection of syrups. After all - nobody can ignore thousands of people screaming for the same thing.

What finally brought about the Hillsborough Inquiry? It wasn't the Prime Minister or the media or the police - it was one man shouting JUSTICE as Andy Burnham started his speech at Anfield in 2009. That one shout led to 30,000 people chanting Justice For The 96 so loudly that Burnham had to stop and think "If they're still doing this after 20 years . . . . . . "

And everything that followed would not have happened if that one person hadn't had the guts to shout JUSTICE.

Everyone seems to want someone else to do this for us but it's up to us. It's time for action.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Almunia is a clown wrote:Arsenal supporters have organised the details & called for a march against Wenger remaining as manager & given out the details & date. :barscarf:

If some armchair generals want the details. location or date changed just to suit their views or procrastinations, please post somewhere else or organise your own protest, the details have already been arranged so either turn up to protest or go do your own thing! :roll:

The protest is already arranged so please get on the march, or meet up with the march on the way, or protest in the ground , whatever protest or demonstration you wish to use is all pressure on the club. :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

armchair wrote:
Almunia is a clown wrote:Arsenal supporters have organised the details & called for a march against Wenger remaining as manager & given out the details & date. :barscarf:

If some armchair generals want the details. location or date changed just to suit their views or procrastinations, please post somewhere else or organise your own protest, the details have already been arranged so either turn up to protest or go do your own thing! :roll:

The protest is already arranged so please get on the march, or meet up with the march on the way, or protest in the ground , whatever protest or demonstration you wish to use is all pressure on the club. :barscarf:
Does that mean General Armchair approves ?
:barscarf:

ten20

Post by ten20 »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... ern-Munich

Starting to get into the papers now. Good work MZK. :barscarf:

mzk90

Post by mzk90 »

Bloody hell, that means all the AKB morons will be coming for me now!

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

mzk90 wrote:Bloody hell, that means all the AKB morons will be coming for me now!
Good man !! We've got to go for it now.

There will be people that won't agree with us and probably many that will try to shout us down on the night.

We need to remember that we're not the ones holding Arsenal back. Our Club has the potential to be the best in the World but does anybody seriously believe that Arsene Wenger is the man to take us there?????

I went out today with my son to buy material for a new banner for the protest. I asked a lady in the shop for help and she was curious what I wanted all the stuff for. When my 8 year.old son told her she replied "Oh blimey - Wenger should've gone years ago".

Kind of says it all really

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fuck what anyone else says. Getting him out of the club is a positive step. If that *word censored* signs another contract, it's game over.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Wenger Out march be like.........

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

One advantage as i see it of doing it outside the ground is that you wont have all the morons singing TO1AW when the banners are being flown, and tbh you always get the muppets who will sing along with the crowd even if they don't really care what they're singing, i'm looking at you Tarquin! :box:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I really hope this media attention doesn't give the AKBs the advantage and they organise a counter

NickF

Post by NickF »

REB wrote:
mzk90 wrote:Was wondering if posting the forum link on Twitter was a good idea, as now the world (esp AFC) can see all that is being discussed on here.
Highbury Harold tweeting about it now , he has a good twitter following , as in the right people and not thousands of twats like the aftv wankers.
Regardless of what you think of aftv, DT had banners inside the grounds last season and also has 40k followers on twitter. Good way to get the message across.

EDIT: I see mzk90 has already tweeted DT, good job!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

armchair wrote:Wenger Out march be like.........

:coffeespit: . :coffeespit: . :coffeespit: . :barscarf: #WENGERFUCKOFFOUTOFMYCLUBYOUCUNT.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
augie wrote:Might be just a small point, but I think that this walking from highbury "to symbolize leaving the old ground", is only going to muddy the waters and cause confusion - my feeling is that this is a protest against giving wenker a new contract and a call for a new manager to be appointed, so where we play and where we used to play has absolutely zero to do with that. Going with an agenda about "moving to the emirates to compete with the elite" or anything along those lines will only raise questions about our expectations - our protest should, in my opinion anyway, be built around the inability of a manager to recognize and correct problems which are being repeated season after season, and a manager that seems incapable of motivating or tactically organizing a team, and a manager whose methods are outdated and redundant in this era.
I think the leaving of Highbury is very relevant to the protest..We left Highbury under Wenger to take us that last step to European glory..The fact that we are not competing at the top domestically and in Europe is the result of a broken promise.
Wenger was the one that advocated the move, he wanted his new stadium to raise us to the top level..The broken promises are systematic of Arsenal 2006-2017 under Wenger..We didn't just stop competing because of the Stadium, we stopped competing because Wenger and Arsenal went into a comfort zone based on the new wealth at Chelsea. He convinced himself that we couldn't compete with them so we didn't bother trying.
So to me Highbury to the Emirates is not the reason for the malaise but it is a parallel with it.
So I would start the march at Highbury it would send out the message to Wenger (or it should hopefully) that this is where we were, this is where we are. You promised us better and you haven't delivered.
Instead you have let this great Club decline.You have wilfully neglected your duty to the Club and the supporters.It is now time for you to go..We cannot have Highbury back but we want our Arsenal back..
Great post mate.

Initially I thought the way Augie is thinking and just wanted an uncomplicated and straightforward ''no contract for Wenger'' protest ... but I think for the reasons you give, starting at Highbury is very relevant to this.

I think / (hope) that I have convinced several people I know, ones who have all stopped going to games, to get over there for this. Doesnt sound much but if each one of them can do the same then it starts to make a difference. People are reluctant at first to make the effort if they do not have a match ticket but a good turnout is so important. I wouldn't expect anyone to spend hours on the motorway or fly over of course. Those in and around the London area will hopefully give up a few hours though, just like they would if they had tickets for a game.

I've walked past Highbury many times since we left but this will be the first time I will be there with thousands (hopefully :wink: ) of other Gooners and I am looking forward to that.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
mzk90 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Sounds like an excellent idea. Needs to be solely focused on Wenger and not watered down moaning about Kroenke or any other issues like ticket prices.

Shame that Black Scarf Movement claim to represent the fans but decided a long time ago not to have a view on by far the biggest issue facing the club
Bit harsh that on BSM, difficult to have a fans group that is about getting rid of the manager, as it's very subjective and a lot of our fans have spent last year flip flopping between in and out and apathy is endemic at the club.

Anyway, I like the idea of the protest and will come along even though I've got rid of my ticket and will try to get others to come along as well. I can use the BSM twitter account to publicise it to their followers and try to get as much publicity for it as possible. But only if that's what you want?
It'll be good to see you there mate. I'm not going to the match either, just the protest.

Bring as many like minded people as you can - our best (perhaps only) chance of getting something started is for a decent, noisy turnout.

Im up for this...like others ive passed on my tickets for the game but i will come down especially for the demo..will pm you jumpers ..

:barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:This might be a double-edged sword (depending on the numbers that turn up) but maybe contact a few media outlets (SlySports, BT, whoever) and let them know where and when you are meeting. Hopefully at least one of them might send round a reporter and camera crew to grab a few comments from those in attendance...
Mmmmm I think realistically it will be Arsenal fan TV with a Fan-Off between armchair and ty :wink: :lol: