ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
begeegs

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by begeegs »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:37 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:06 am
We all know Willian only joined us so he didn't have to move house so it's highly debatable that he'll up sticks and go back to Brazil.
And even if he does, with Kia on his shoulder do we really think he's going to rip up his 220k per week deal just from the goodness of his heart?
I think that Kia would be well aware of the perception of his relationship with Edu, so maybe it would make sense for him to do this for the long term picture? Or maybe he is so affixed to his ivory tower that it doesn't matter?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

begeegs wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:17 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:37 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:06 am
We all know Willian only joined us so he didn't have to move house so it's highly debatable that he'll up sticks and go back to Brazil.
And even if he does, with Kia on his shoulder do we really think he's going to rip up his 220k per week deal just from the goodness of his heart?
I think that Kia would be well aware of the perception of his relationship with Edu, so maybe it would make sense for him to do this for the long term picture? Or maybe he is so affixed to his ivory tower that it doesn't matter?
More likely we're paying him a massive fee to offload Willian, and then he's got Coutinho lined up to join before deadline to rinse even more money out of our sorry bunch of cocks!

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Looks like he has

Willian has two years left on his £240k-a-week Arsenal contract but instead of staying at the Emirates Stadium or asking for a pay-off, he will tear up his contract - saving the club £20m - to sign for Corinthians in the next 48 hours. [Sky] #afc https://t.co/5rpJYNJ7gf

Not only is Willian saving Arsenal £20m by terminating his contract, he is also taking a 70 per cent pay cut to return to his former club Corinthians. Arsenal directors are said to be amazed by Willian’s gesture. [Sky] #afc

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

gooner265 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:48 am
Looks like he has

Willian has two years left on his £240k-a-week Arsenal contract but instead of staying at the Emirates Stadium or asking for a pay-off, he will tear up his contract - saving the club £20m - to sign for Corinthians in the next 48 hours. [Sky] #afc https://t.co/5rpJYNJ7gf

Not only is Willian saving Arsenal £20m by terminating his contract, he is also taking a 70 per cent pay cut to return to his former club Corinthians. Arsenal directors are said to be amazed by Willian’s gesture. [Sky] #afc
Sounds too good to be true. There must be a catch… :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:54 am
gooner265 wrote:
Looks like he has

Agreed - if something sounds too good to be true it normally is. I don't believe a word of it. Club trying to save face. There will be some form of massive payout and/or wage subsidy ongoing. If you were Willian, ask yourself why you would do it. 33 years old, last big payday, sitting on 220k per week for the next two years and you just give it up and take a £20m hit. Can't believe that's true in any shape or form

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Absolute bollocks that report, no way he’s walking away without a massive pay off.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:45 pm
Absolute bollocks that report, no way he’s walking away without a massive pay off.
Absolutely. Ten years from now it will come out that we paid this cùnt off behind the scenes. :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:59 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:45 pm
Absolutely. Ten years from now it will come out that we paid this cùnt off behind the scenes. :roll:
The fee being paid via Kia Joorabchian no doubt

Honestly when I think about what GG got fired for, compared to the legalised fraud that Edu is carrying out now....shocking

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:54 am
gooner265 wrote:
Looks like he has

Yeah, we are inserting a buy back clause :roll: :shock:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

IF Aubameyang leaves Arsenal, the club will consider an immediate move for Liverpool’s Divock Origi [Via - @DExpress_Sport].

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Oh hang on.....yes, the small print.....

'You must give my friend Mo Elneny a new 4 year contract for 75k a week, my friend Granit must play every game possible and my dear Hector must be re-instated to his rightful place as number 1 right back......

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:33 pm
IF Aubameyang leaves Arsenal, the club will consider an immediate move for Liverpool’s Divock Origi [Via - @DExpress_Sport].

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Would just about complete Banter FC's ultimate Banter XI

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Come on mcdowell… transfer deadline day tomorrow. Give us some good news mate! :barscarf:

There’s just too much to still sort out. Nketiah? AMN? Nelson? Kolasinac? Willian? Laca? Bellerin? Cedric? Elneny? New right back? New central midfielder? New striker?

Ah there’s way too much :? #EduOut

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Everton now made formal bid for Ainsley Maitland-Niles. Season long loan with an option next summer. Waiting on answer from Arsenal. They have followed up on the negotiations we reported on Saturday. More to follow @MirrorFootball

🚨 Everton in talks with Arsenal for a deal to sign Ainsley Maitland-Niles on loan with an option to buy. Offer submitted, Arsenal considering internally before responding. Talks ongoing. Versatile 24yo under contract at #AFC until 2023 @TheAthleticUK #EFC https://t.co/Ayw5mmbm7k

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

We are bottom of the league and just after taking a 5-0 drubbing but absolutely zero rumours of us buying anyone. This club is already a shambles but if we get no one in, we'll be properly in a relegation battle.