NEW CHANT FOR PLAYERS WE HATE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
I Hate Hleb

NEW CHANT FOR PLAYERS WE HATE

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Here is a chant that we can sing to any opposition (?) player that gets on our tits.

To the melody of "She'll Be Running Around The Mountain When She Comes" (er, I think that's what it's called):

You should have played for Spurs coz you're that shit,
Said you should have played for Spurs coz you're that shit,
Said you should have played for Spurs, should have played for Spurs,
Should have played for Spurs coz you're that shit!
(Shouted) Once Again...

and we can keep on repeating the verse - adding hand-claps as we go along. Imagine it starting off slowly then building up speed towards the end.

I'm giving fellow gooners fair notice: I intend to sing it at our first game - and it's odds on that the recepient will be our own Alex Hleb!!

Fuse

Re: NEW CHANT FOR PLAYERS WE HATE

Post by Fuse »

I Hate Hleb wrote: I'm giving fellow gooners fair notice: I intend to sing it at our first game - and it's odds on that the recepient will be our own Alex Hleb!!
Quit it with the anti-Hleb sketch... It is starting to get old...

I Hate Hleb

Hleb Abuse

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Fuse,

No need to blow up. Get yourself a sense of humour!!

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

It is beginning to get a bit boring TBH, never really seen what separated his bad performances from the rest of the team, at least he gets stuck in.

Matt_the_gooner

Post by Matt_the_gooner »

Granted hleb isnt good enough to keep his first team spot and hopefuly the arrival of ribery in the summer will mean he is no longer needed but booing him is not helping anyone apart from the opposition. Think about how reluctant he is to shoot, now think about how bad he'll be if we start booing him.

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

I agree, Hleb is very frustrating, but he does not deserve to be booed. No-one in an Arsenal shirt does. Players may not deserve a chant for them, but can anyone really say that if Hleb, Baptista, Cygan, Song or any other players that never really made it, and lets face it, there is a fair few, scored a 90th minute winner against Man Utd, Chelski whatever, that they wouldnt scream there lungs out!

On a slightly brighter note for Mr. Hleb, has anyone here, and be honest now, ever seen him get tackled??? Ok, i have seen him lose the ball time and time again by passing ti straight to the opposition, or just generally tripping up over his own feet or the ball, but how many times have you seen someone just nudge him off the ball and start a counter???

If Alex developed an end product, be it a shot, a through ball or at the very least the ability to pass it to a team mate, he would be a superb player, and we would all be singing a very different tune.

One day he will shoot, but then again one day Gilberto will pass the ball forward, and Senderos will turn quicker than an articulated lorry, and Adebayor will start scoring more than 1 in 7, and Rosicky will play more than 3 games without getting injured, and Lehmann will decide not to run 50 yards to scream at the ref, and Wenger will decide he actually saw something negative about Arsenal and Thierry wont shrug when someone plays it to anyone other than him. One Day!!!!

No one is perfect guys! (apart from Cesc and Dennis maybe)

Craig

I Hate Hleb

Chill Out Hleb Groupies!

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Come on guys, I started this thread to put forward a chant I came up with and it's turned into the Hleb Appreciation Society!! :?

Who mentioned anything about booing Hleb? I certainly never. I just made a little joke at the end of my post - which I thought was funny. I was having a laugh that's all.

Although I do need to pick up U.F.G Anfield's comment that "at least Hleb gets stuck in". Are you being serious , or having a laugh of your own? Hleb couldn't tackle a rice pudding after days of being on hunger strike! How many times has he tried to regain the ball (after previously losing it with a slack pass), only to give away a free-kick? I tell you the answer - almost every time he tried to tackle!

I appreciate you're trying to defend the guy, but at least base it on some form of reality - a bit like craig pollard has when saying you hardly ever see the man get tackled. Strange but true!

Just for the record - I don't boo Hleb or any of our players (even if I have been sorely tempted to many times :wink:. I support anyone who puts on the shirt of Arsenal, regardless of whether I think they are good enough or not.

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

"I Hate Hleb", thanks for the comments. If my post appeared to be negative towards you i apologise, that is not how it was attended. All i meant was how many posts on this forum are negative towards a select few.

Im the same as you in many ways, i support whoever pulls on the shirt. I am an Arsenal Fan, not a Henry/Cesc/Baptista etc, i support the club and the whole team, regardless of ability. Although, i must admit, im seen some shit players in an Arsenal shirt, and it really does take a lot not to boo, but like you i never have.

I quite like the song by the way, although to aim it at players we dont like would prove difficult. Especially when playin the **** or Chelski. I fuckin hate the lot of them, and would have problem picking which player to sing to. Mind you, Cuntley would be the start....... ;o)

Regards

Craig

Eboue Can't Defend

IF MY AUNTIE HAD BALLS....

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

CraigPollard wrote:If Alex developed an end product, be it a shot, a through ball or at the very least the ability to pass it to a team mate, he would be a superb player, and we would all be singing a very different tune.
Craig, if Alex Hleb could produce any of the above do you think he would be getting the stick he does? Of course not!! It's because of his failure to execute even the most basic of requirements - like passing to someone in the same coloured shirt - that he has become the butt of jokes and the recipient of detrimental comments.

Not even his own mother would deny that he was been one of our poorer players this season - and she is biased!! As he is one of the few experienced players in our team - and based on what he produced last year - I expected a lot more this time. Sadly, he failed to deliver and if anything, went backwards.

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

"Eboue cant defend", Obviously if Alex was the player i had described in my above post, then of course he wouldnt get the stick he does now.

The only purpose of my post was to highlight the fact that, as everyone knows, Hleb has no end product, and stating how "IF" he did, he would be superb as you never see him get tackled.

Just annoys me how much time is spent slagging players off, rather than praising the good ones. The name "Eboue Cant Defend" would imply you are no different.

Maybe a more positive name like "Eboue Cant Defend - But he can certainly cross" would be more appropriate ;o)

Craig

Eboue Can't Defend

To CraigPollard,

Clichy has pace; Toure has pace and enthusiasm; Gallas has pace and is a great reader of the game; Fabregas is a fantastic passer and supplier of goals; Rosicky is exciting on the ball; Diaby, Denilson and Walcott show a lot of promise; Adebayor is an enthusiastic work horse who scores important goals; Robin Van Persie is skillful; Thierry Henry is a great goal-scorer; Eboue can't defend, but can get a decent cross over (sometimes!); Alex Hleb doesn't get tackled much!

Happy now??

And how interesting was all that? Not very I would imagine. If that's the kind of posting that satisfies you, I suggest you hot-foot it to the Club Website and join their Supporters Forum. I'm sure there you will have hours of fun exchanging such comments with like-minded individuals.

In your world, we have to acknowledge that Eboue occasionally gets a good cross in and that Hleb doesn't get tackled much!! Yet, I am not allowed to offer the opinion that Eboue is not a very good defender, even though, being a right-back, that is supposed to be his job? Or that Hleb should arrange a visit to Spec-Savers, such is the poverty of his eyesight when trying to distribute the ball to a team mate or finding the net?

Listen up matey, you just might learn something. As far as I know, this forum, and The Gooner in general, was set up to enable fans to have their say without fear of it either not being printed/posted, or the contributors being labelled disloyal because they dare to be mildly critical. This isn't the Soviet Union you know!

I don't mind you or anyone else disagreeing with me or having a pop at the quality of my contributions or opinions. What I won't accept is that I am not allowed to voice those opinions, or that if I do, somehow I am less of an Arsenal fan then you!!

I was brought up less than 500 yards from Highbury Stadium and have been following the Arsenal since 1968. I think I've just about earnt the right to voice any opinion I like about the club that's been my life for almost 40 years. Don't think you or anyone else can stop me!! :x

Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry! :lol:

glenngould

Post by glenngould »

i hate hleb too, and will not forgive him for giving away the STUPID free kick from which PSV scored...and man can we not defend.....but I don't hate anybody really but you know, my season ticket costs me 885, which is about 850 which i don't have, and i will criticise gooners who are not limpar or bobby or the merse or big dave or, um, kaka...guys if we want to win leagues and champ leagues (we're still waiting) then we have to be hyper-critical and not talk bullshit about bloody senderos being a great defender, which was the case two years ago, but not now, ditto hleb and julio and jose and even the great jens and jeremie (yay he's gone) my God these guys are all J's... let's get Ribery and go for it...

glenngould

Post by glenngould »

and by the way please can people stop talking bullshit about being from islington or highbury or whatever and being true gooners, arsenal are from woolwich, south of the river, so technically that is our fanbase, cod-fandom drives me nuts, we must be a more RUTHLESS set of fans, come on, we don't sing very much, we think that Hleb gets "stuck in.." (i get a sore throat from singing, does that make much difference??..do I get stuck in??) we are a great club and we have great players like Tel and Paddy and DB10 and Nigel Winterburn..NigelWinterburn so stop saying Hleb is decent,...he's decent like Carrick and Koumas and um Glenn Helder - we are a great club and arsene and cesc etc are the true spirit of the Arse.
Sure we have more mundane players but they are Dixon and Winterburn and Ooh-Aah and they do jobs. Hleb does f-all. he doesn't carry the weight placed upon him as a Gooner.

Eboue Can't Defend

CraigPollard wrote "(it) just annoys me how much time is spent slagging players off, rather than praising the good ones. The name "Eboue Cant Defend" would imply you are no different."

So I wonder then if you can tell who wrote this: i have seen him lose the ball time and time again by passing it straight to the opposition, or just generally tripping up over his own feet or the ball,"

Or even this: "One day he (Hleb) will shoot, but then again one day Gilberto will pass the ball forward, and Senderos will turn quicker than an articulated lorry, and Adebayor will start scoring more than 1 in 7, and Rosicky will play more than 3 games without getting injured, and Lehmann will decide not to run 50 yards to scream at the ref, and Wenger will decide he actually saw something negative about Arsenal and Thierry wont shrug when someone plays it to anyone other than him."

Now personally, I found the last paragraph very amusing - as I'm sure you intended it to be. However, some people - not me of course - could claim you were being a bit of a hypocrite.

I'll leave you with a famous quote: "Freedom of speech is for fools as well as for wise men. That is it's cost."

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

"Eboue cant defend", i must say that i found your last few posts highly amusing. Not sure if they were intended to be aggresive in any way, but i took them as light hearted criticism any how.

I have a sneaky suspicion who wrote them comments you quoted. Your right, the final one was intended as a laugh, but then again, everything i wrote in them is very accurate, so in many ways, your spot on, i am being a hypocrite. I guess different moods on different days cause me to have different genre's to my post.

I will probably admit, in light of day, your right again Eboue cant defend, which i suppose, with him being a defender, is a slight problem. Then again, there are at least 9 players at the club at the moment who are not good enough (8 if the reports of jeremie are correct), Oh, hear i go again, being negative ;o)

In light of you mentioning your upbringing and having been a gooner for 40 years, of course you have the right to poist your feelings, however, you also mentioned that you should be able to post without being slagged off for your opinion. In that respect, would that make your post hypocritical also, as i was also simply entering my opinon??

Im not here to cause trouble, i see this as no more than a slight different of opinion, which has spirralled a little out of control, my fault just as much/if not more than anyone else, but then again, a forum where everyone agreed would be kind of pants.

Just to let you know, I was born in Portsmouth, My folks were born in Stevenage and Barnet, My Nan on my dads side grew up on Blackstock road, Hence the Arsenal contingency. I am only 21, so I have no hope of having supported Arsenal longer than you, but the dilemma here was never about who is the bigger Arsenal fan. I suppose that having seen many more players in the red and white than me, you can pass better judgement on the modern day players.

In conclusion, apologies if i pissed you off, never intended, but there is no way i am going to the club forum, what a load of bollocks that is. My time is spent between here and the Herd forum.

See you at the Arsenal for a beer one day mate!

Eboue and Hleb are crap! ;o)

Oh yeah, and dont make me angry, i cry when im angry ;o)

Regards

Craig