manure just signed nani and anderson

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
columoz

manure just signed nani and anderson

Post by columoz »

just signed nani and anderson!17mill each!blimey!and those dirty mancs say chavski spend big!oalong with hargreaves thats about50mill already!cant compete with that sort of spendin!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Wasn"t the whole idea of building a 60,000 stadium was to compete with Chelski and Manure.Manure finished 21 points ahead of us yet have already spent £50 million.At the moment all we are hearing is rumours of players leaving(i.e Henry,RVP,and Fabregas).Its going to be a long hard summer if things carry on like this.What is happening to the £30 million we are due to get from Sky?

Pav

Post by Pav »

I must admit I was pretty envious when the news came through last night – I’m not fussed about Hargreaves as I think he is very overrated but the two they bought yesterday and top draw players and will clearly make them stronger.

I am not overly fussed about ManUre and Chelski spending big as they do it on a regular basis and it’s pretty much expected – what concerns me is that we will probably see a continuation of the trend from recent years when teams such as Spuds, Newcastle and Everton out spend us and with their new investment I would imagine West Ham and Villa will also start splashing some cash.

That’s not to say that I’d necessarily want some of the players they have signed but what is evident that each of the above teams have signed players who would have done a job for Arsenal (e.g. Berbatov, Parker / Martins, Johnson, Tevez (although I appreciate that was probably best left alone!), Young (expensive but decent).

On a lighter note I suppose its good news that we sent Baptista back to where he came from rather than waste any of our money on him!

Fabregas_Is_My_Hero

Post by Fabregas_Is_My_Hero »

this proves that we need to get a top class winger, cos Hleb has proved he isn't fit to wear the kit, Freddie is only still around because of what he's accomplished in the past, and only looks a shade of his former self.

We need our midfield to be the best in the league again, able to rival Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Carrick, and Nani. We already have Cesc who is probably the best passer in the Prem, Diaby has shown signs of developing into another Vieira-type hard-man, Rosicky is no Pires, but he has convinced me he merits his place in the team for next year due to his creativity, and the goals against Bolton and Man City show that he's grown in confidence.

Nevertheless, bring in Franck Ribery or Ryan Babel to play on the other wing!

demzy

Post by demzy »

To be honest, if this doesnt give wenger a kick up the backside then it may be another season of disappointment. However, on the flipside, we beat them twice last season, didnt lose to chelsea, and only lost once to liverpool. To be honest im only expecting one or two players to come in.