Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round Dates

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round Dates

Post by MK Gould »

There are so many teams in the 1st & 2nd qualifying rounds that's its impossible to speculate on who we might play in round 3.

However, the dates are 14th/15th Aug for the 1st leg & 28th/29th Aug for the 2nd.

I'd read an "expert" last year saying that the teams that enter in the 3rd round (like us) always play the away leg 1st. However, this proved to be bullshit when the draw was made - which should be some time around 3rd August.

The Final Salute

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round Dates

Post by The Final Salute »

MK Gould wrote:There are so many teams in the 1st & 2nd qualifying rounds that's its impossible to speculate on who we might play in round 3.

However, the dates are 14th/15th Aug for the 1st leg & 28th/29th Aug for the 2nd.

I'd read an "expert" last year saying that the teams that enter in the 3rd round (like us) always play the away leg 1st. However, this proved to be bullshit when the draw was made - which should be some time around 3rd August.
I'm glad that we played the first leg away last year as it is better having a league game as our first ever game at a new stadium rather than a Champions League qualifier.

Its wrong that Arsenal charge ST holders the qualifier as one of their 7 cup games too.