fabregas to assess his future

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nuttygoonerpaul

fabregas to assess his future

Post by nuttygoonerpaul »

:( Cesc Fabregas has told Spanish radio that he will assess his future at the end of the season.

The Spanish star has also admitted that a return to Barcelona would be a 'dream come true'.

Fabregas admitted he opted to stay at Emirates over the summer following his success at Euro 2008 with Spain.

The midfield schemer claims he stayed for the sole reason to try and win trophies at Arsenal, as so far during his five-year Gunners career he has picked up just one medal after lifting the FA Cup in 2005.

Now he is determined to pick up some silverware this term, but admits he will then look at his options.

"Right now I'm fine at Arsenal but I cannot deny that to return and play for Barca would be a dream come true," he told Catalan based station RAC 1.

"I chose to stay at the club last summer and right now I'm totally focused on the reason for that decision which was to try and win trophies.

"We'll see how things have gone by the end of the season.

nuttygoonerpaul

Post by nuttygoonerpaul »

i really do hope its a load of crap this comments .

digger

Post by digger »

Can't blame him, he deserves to play alongside the best in the world - he';s in the same team as Eboue every week, his club's most recent signings are a permanently injured has been and a permanently injured never-has been.

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

We all know that one day he will go back to Spain and lets hope that in the distant future. He doesnt seem the sort to run away and look for glory elsewhere.

From his recent interviews he seems 150% committed to the club.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

He is keeping his options open but I wouldn't be suprised to find he has a release clause in his latest contract if pots don't come his way after a certain amount of time.

The fella tasted success in the summer and tightly wants more of it!

8)

skipper

Post by skipper »

Can't blame him...and he probably will leave in summer if we end up empty-handed, which seems to be certainity... :banghead:

digger

Post by digger »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:From his recent interviews he seems 150% committed to the club.
In fairness, that was before his shower of shit teammates dropped 8 points at fulham and Sunderland, and at home to Hull!

bigreddave

Post by bigreddave »

Who would blame him if he decided at the end of the season, with arsenal possibly going pot less again that enough was enough? Look at the players that Wenger plays along side him every week, Eboue, Denilson, Diaby (when fit). Apart from Nasri these players are mugs along side such a player and surely he must know it too and I reckon the failure to land his mate alonso might just be the final straw for him. Obviously I hope i'm wrong but unless Wenger invests in a bit of quality soon I can see Cesc getting pissed off with it all and jumping ship for those catalan crunts! :banghead:

NBM

Post by NBM »

Wouldn't read too much into it, usual cack from the spanish press everytime Cesc goes on international duty.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:He is keeping his options open but I wouldn't be suprised to find he has a release clause in his latest contract if pots don't come his way after a certain amount of time.

The fella tasted success in the summer and tightly wants more of it!

8)
:lol: :lol: I'm starting to think that your typos are the work of your sub-conscious mind gus. :wink:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Shit that one does look bad don't it!

:oops: :lol:

RaM

Post by RaM »

I couldn't blame him if he left. He's young and has the ability to play for whatever team in the world he feels like. He would walk into any first XI anywhere.

But if what he has said in interviews in the past is genuine (and I like to believe it is) then Cesc won't leave so easily. If the situation came where he was well and truly fed up with how Arsenal was going he would approach Wenger and air his concerns before cutting and running. I would hope that Wenger would change his strategies if that were the case...because if he didn't there would be a lot to answer to.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

He will leave for Barca one day.

I think that day will be in the summer of 2012.

He will be mid 20's, so will have been established as an Arsenal legend, and will have enough time left in his career to become a Barcelona legend too.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

If Wenger shows the same lack of ambition in the january transfer window as he did last summer.He will be off at the end of the season.How would you feel having to play in the same side as Eboue? When your teamates could be Xavi and Iniesta.Its up to you Wenger

barnfield88

Post by barnfield88 »

OMG an Arsenal player to leave us to go Barca?? no way will that happen..... we need to win the champions league to get the big names wanting to come and for the likes of Cesc to stay...