I still hate our badge

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
glenngould

I still hate our badge

Post by glenngould »

I am very depressed, our badge is still as rubbish as it was when they unveiled it, I thought the scars would heal but they haven't.
I miss our lovely old badge and I feel physically sick whenever I see our tacky, style-less, plastic monstrosity.
Does anybody like our badge?
Anybody?
I am starting a campaign.

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

To be honest it has grown on me and I don't mind it now. I didn't like it at first but it now has it's place at the club. The old badge you love so much (as I'm sure we all do) was once new remember, as were others before it, and were probably hated too when first introduced. But over time they became an integral part of our history as will the current badge.

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

Ummmmmmmm,

I have the new badge tattooed over my heart.....

Must admit, i loved the old crest, but seeing as i had the tat done a year ago, it seemed only right to get the current one.

Its much more minimalistic, no "Victoria Concordia Crescit" etc etc, but overall, i do like it.

(Obviously)

Craig

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

CraigPollard wrote:I have the new badge tattooed over my heart.....
A mate I used to go to football with (Dave Butcher from Harlow) had Arsenal tattooed over his heart. He was very proud of it, but I kept thinking that something wasn't quite right, but i couldn't put my finger on it. Then I realised that the S was back to front.... Good job that the "new" badge is an uncomplicated design!!

glenngould

the badge

Post by glenngould »

i can't believe that people are saying they like our badge.

i am dying.
like Gilberto when he sprays a ball to hleb and then hleb runs it away and gilberto remembers bob..
me and gilberto have this badge thing down

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Ok, the badge is crap. It looks like a cartoon. or something the kids came up with as part of a homework assignment!

The only reason people say they like it is because they:
a) can't remember the old one, or
b) think there is nothing we can do about it so may as well accept what is!

Mr. Stereoworld

Post by Mr. Stereoworld »

Geeeeez i remember the badge launch as if it were yesterday . February 2nd 2002 and an otherwise enjoyable day at THOF ruined by this news .

In fairness over the ensuing 5 years it has grown on me somewhat .

Like most if push came to shove i would like to revert to the previous emblem although personally i still yearn for the days when the shirts simply carried the cannon logo.

The bottom line for the club though was and is copyright . Or more pertinantly cash .

N22Gooner

Post by N22Gooner »

I'm with glen i hate it. The old one had class and history the new one just looks to modern and cheap. These kind of new badges in football are shite look at villa's new one and boro's, fulham's the list could go on forever, And then look at the mickeys one just looks class because it dosen't look simple it's got something behind it tradition. Can't believe we got rid of the club motto 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'

glenngould

Post by glenngould »

well, nice to hear people hate the shitty badge which isn't anything to do with the Arsenal, but is everything to do with new Nike/Emirates/o2 arsenal, I am still very depressed about this badge and I'm very serious - it gets me very down.
what can we do to show we need our old badge back??????????

Stays till the End

Post by Stays till the End »

never going to happen
at the end of the day it is the badge of Arsenal and i for one like it as i liked the old vcc one.
but as they say you cant please them all

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

I do like our badge. I think it represents the transition the club have made since mr Wenger took the helm and has pushed us forward. The badge is simple in design, much like Wenger's outlook on football, and fits in with the modern state of the art stadium in which we now reside.

My Left Foot

Post by My Left Foot »

I must admit,Im not a fan of the new badge and am unlikely to become one. It just looks cheap to me- I much preferred just the cannon. Timeless, stylish, classic...just like the Arsenal.

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

MK Gould wrote:
CraigPollard wrote:I have the new badge tattooed over my heart.....
A mate I used to go to football with (Dave Butcher from Harlow) quote]

Thats quite freaky, My Missus dad is called Dave Butchers, mind you he hates football.

I can beat your horror story though...........

A tattooist in my area (i wont name names for fear of fuckin up is already appalling reputation) was tattooing a Portsmouth crest on the shoulder blade of a customer. The tattooist is a Portsmouth season ticket holder anyway, so no mistakes surely????..................Wrong!!!!

On writing the word "Portsmouth" in the scroll underneath, he forget the "S" which should have left the customer with the word "Portmouth" under the crest, Correct???......................Wrong again.

Realising his mistake, he simply wrote the "S" above the place it should have been and done the old /\ under it............

Ask yourself...........Exactly what would you do in this position?????

Unfortunately, tattooing laws allow anyone to use a tattoo gun on the unsuspecting public, as long as their premises are clean. :(

Things like this will continue untill that changes, and i doubt it will.

Theres my trump card, i think i win hands down! ;o)

Still, its only a Pompey fan.

Craig

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I agree - you win! It made me wince - poor sod!

The Final Salute

Post by The Final Salute »

Since we have had the new badge Arsenal have regained the copyright of the crest.

Late in the day now since all merchandising and stuff has the new crest over it. Perhaps they will wait to years down teh line and release it as a one off shirt for a reason to do with our heritage ala what they are doing with the white away shirt now.

Would no doubt boost sales like the redcurrent shirt did.