Maybe it's because i'm a Londoner that i like London Town

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
goonarmy

Post by goonarmy »

Part from the main parts though Glasgow is shit, stayed in a warehouse there for the G8 summit in 2005, and we were being bricked by 10 year olds.

Liverpool is the city of culture. You can't trust these polls and opinions. Next thing we know the Grove is gonne be the city of atmosphere :lol:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Reg Niseth wrote:
mrgnu1958 wrote:new york city is best im afraid
most overated city in the world, fuck all history, fuck all culture, full of yanks.
Unlucky that you did not like it Reg, but my feelings about the place are totally different.

In three trips to New York I have seen a lot of history (going back about 300 years), a lot of culture, great museums, good galleries, good Broadway shows, interesting architecture, excellent clothes shopping, been to superb concerts and good lounges, great restaurants and done some very good drinking.

gusher311

Re: Maybe it's because i'm a Londoner that i like London Tow

Post by gusher311 »

goonarmy wrote:
gusher311 wrote:
Radford149 wrote:best city in the world and the home of the ARSENAL. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Making my first trip in December can't wait :barscarf:
:barscarf: See you There :barscarf:

I'll even get buy you a pint :shock:

I'll hold you to it :wink:

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

shame about some of the people

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

London - good and bad.

Many communities but no over all community. You get middle class lefties go on about how great the diversity is in London and how the London working class oikes are some sort of barrier to a multicultural nirvana, yet they don't even have any non-white friends. They seem to think that shopping in the same supermarket as non-whites qualifies them as wonderful multicultural people.

Everyone is scared that everyone else is an axe murder or paedophile, so one of the most unfriendly cities on earth.

I walk out of my house in the home counties, neighbours always say hello whether I actually know them or not. I walk out of my home in London spot a neighbour whose also coming out and they completely blank you.

My car brakes down and I ask a neighbour for a jump start, they act as if I've asked to bugger their kids.

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

Cus Geezer wrote:London - good and bad.

Many communities but no over all community. You get middle class lefties go on about how great the diversity is in London and how the London working class oikes are some sort of barrier to a multicultural nirvana, yet they don't even have any non-white friends. They seem to think that shopping in the same supermarket as non-whites qualifies them as wonderful multicultural people.

Everyone is scared that everyone else is an axe murder or paedophile, so one of the most unfriendly cities on earth.

I walk out of my house in the home counties, neighbours always say hello whether I actually know them or not. I walk out of my home in London spot a neighbour whose also coming out and they completely blank you.

My car brakes down and I ask a neighbour for a jump start, they act as if I've asked to bugger their kids.
sorry but thats not the London i know and love

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

The top 10 cities were:

Antwerp

Beirut

Chicago

Glasgow

Lisbon

Mexico City

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Shanghai

Warsaw

Zurich

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

Radford149 wrote:

You wanna take a closer look once in a while then because that's what London is.

As I said though good and bad - I've over emphasized the bad in comparison, but it needs to be highlighted.

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

Cus Geezer wrote:
Radford149 wrote:

You wanna take a closer look once in a while then because that's what London is.

i live here and so i see it everyday thanks

As I said though good and bad - I've over emphasized the bad in comparison, but it needs to be highlighted.
why do that it paints a false picture?

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Because he was trying to even up the argument on the whole.

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

SWLGooner wrote:Because he was trying to even up the argument on the whole.
that just does not make sense

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Radford149 wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:Because he was trying to even up the argument on the whole.
that just does not make sense
Radford...you started the thread, and gave Arsenal as a reason for London being a great city...which all of us have agreed with you on.

But seeing as you started the thread I feel you owe us all a bit more on why you love London so much?

If you are pushed for time, maybe list ten reasons?

There are some great things here, but paradise it is not!

ds

Post by ds »

sorry but thats not the London i know and love[/quote]

Nor me Radders,

Cus, I know all my neighbours and they were very welcoming when i moved into my flat in central London 5 years ago having lived in various parts of greater London. I love London and am so pleased I live here. Everywhere has its bad parts and London being so big will have many I agree, but we are not all axe murderers or paedophiles and no-one I know thinks we are.

Quartz,
1 Arsenal
2 friendliness
3 sense of community/diversity
4 fashion
5 clubs, restaurants, pubs & bars
6 trend setting
7 non stop/never sleeps
8 architecture
9 galleries, museums & exhibitions
10 parks/open spaces
I could go on and on, I guess we each have reasons for living where we do, but the beauty of London is apparent to me every day. And I thank my luck that I live in one of the most amazing places on earth. (Just in case anyone asks, I have travelled extensively)

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Thanks DS.

I agree with a lot of those reasons.

Good points here

- Arsenal

- The Tube (trust me, as often as it goes wrong, if it wasn't here it would be very hard to get around).

- Parks (a lot of them, and very nice too).

- Museums, Galleries, Theatres, Cinemas (Good variety, though need more open at night).

- Restaurants (not always cheap, but good variety).

- Women (great looking women here, lots of variety).

- Architecture (lots of variety)

- Beer (again, variety).

Bad Points

- Spurs

- Congestion

- Rising Violence

- Pretentiousness (too many people trying to "be" somebody)

- Women (too many are too stuck up when you chat to them)

- Weather (say no more!)

- Prices (very expensive city all round).

- Dirt (it is a filthy city, people chuck rubbish everywhere)

- Hurry (people always in a rush and get too impatient).

ds

Post by ds »

Yeah i'm one of those stuck up birds Quartz

Tbh Quartz the upsides out do the downsides and are you saying things like that only happen in London?