This might be contraversial

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Radford149

This might be contraversial

Post by Radford149 »

Is a player English first then black or Black first then English? before you answer plaese think about it. again this may have been done before but i'm interested in what the vibe is and whether its changed. the reason is there maybe a time soon when we will have a completley Black or nearly Black England team (think NBA) i am prepared to be slated on this.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Who gives a fuck, i'm only interested in how good they are :barscarf:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Have to ask each black or Mixed Race England player what they feel. I cannot answer for them.

RaM

Post by RaM »

Can't they be both at the same time?

I have a feeling though that some of them feel as if they are black first - look at the responses crowds get for making remarks about it.

Don't think you'd get the same frenzied rush of complaints if there were stereotpical 'pommy insults'.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I think that the mature adults on this site don't even look at the colour of a players skin. As far as I'm concerned they are not black then English or English then black. They're just English! Period.
It seems to me that you're trying to cause contraversy here for no reason.

Cus Geezer

Re: This might be contraversial

Post by Cus Geezer »

Radford149 wrote:Is a player English first then black or Black first then English? before you answer plaese think about it. again this may have been done before but i'm interested in what the vibe is and whether its changed. the reason is there maybe a time soon when we will have a completley Black or nearly Black England team (think NBA) i am prepared to be slated on this.
Do you consider yourself white (presuming you are of course) first and English second or other way around?

Do you have any day to day consciousness that you are a colour?

And also ask the question - is Frank Lampard a person who amasses vast sums of wealth first and English second or other way around and whether an entire team of such players is of any greater significance than one that is entirely Black?

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

corkbarry wrote:Who gives a fuck, i'm only interested in how good they are :barscarf:
Here Here

I had this at work years ago with " Arent you bothered that your team is mostly French?" I dont give a fuck as long as they are good enough

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

RaM wrote:Can't they be both at the same time?

I have a feeling though that some of them feel as if they are black first - look at the responses crowds get for making remarks about it.

Don't think you'd get the same frenzied rush of complaints if there were stereotpical 'pommy insults'.
But who cares about "Pommy" insults?

No one I know could care less about that.

Skin colour insults are a different thing altogether.