How on earth can ...............

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Radford149

How on earth can ...............

Post by Radford149 »

this bollocks over ross and brand be continuing after all these days. its doing my nut in. :banghead:

talk about an OVERRACTION UNITED KINGDOM GET A GRIP. FFS

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

It sells papers.

Quite happy to see them both get a kick up the backside.

They were out of order.

Andrew Sachs a lot more talented than the pair of them put together.

There are very funny prank callers out there like the Jerky Boys, but this one wasn't even funny.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

I agree that it is a complete over reaction. Personally I found the calls to be hilarious, especially Brands song of apology :lol:

I find it amazing that the same papers that publish sex scandals week in week out are so up in arms over the whole thing. Double fucking standards, but anything to sell a paper I guess.

Sachs grandaughter is pretending that she is so innocent and deeply shocked......This from a bint that gets her tits out in a group called "Satanic sluts" :shock:

Milk your 15 minutes of fame love but don't pretend you are upset, money on it that she appears in a lads mag within a few months.

Vennessa Phelps on BBC radio London slated Brand & Ross then proceded to run a whole show on the matter, what the fuck does that tell you :roll:

Gordon Brown..........May I suggest that you have more pressing issues, like the economy, war & immigration before you tackle the BBC :roll:

BBC News asking the public their opinion to which all interviewed said it was an outrage..........Try interviewing people under 65 and preferrebly people who had actually heard the show :banghead:

As for Andrew Sachs, well at least people under the age of 40 now know who he is :roll:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

The granddaughter, as you correctly say Wayno, carries herself like a tart.

But to me, it all boils down to the following:

If someone you know called you up and said, "I slept with your grandaughter, she was great", then how would YOU feel?

Pissed off? Or over the moon?

Then, same person who calls you up, plays a tape of the call on National Radio, and mentions who you by your real name, not "Wayno". And you are a nationally known figure, so that everytime you walk down the street someone is going to smirk at you.

That is dark behaviour.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Ross has a new book out ya know....Hmmmmm

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

QuartzGooner wrote:The granddaughter, as you correctly say Wayno, carries herself like a tart.

But to me, it all boils down to the following:

If someone you know called you up and said, "I slept with your grandaughter, she was great", then how would YOU feel?

Pissed off? Or over the moon?

Then, same person who calls you up, plays a tape of the call on National Radio, and mentions who you by your real name, not "Wayno". And you are a nationally known figure, so that everytime you walk down the street someone is going to smirk at you.

That is dark behaviour.
if anyone would have recognised the old boy they would be doing well. he himself milked the whole thing as well. if he had any class he would have dealt with them in private.

as for her she fucking loves the attention, and if you don't believe me just look at the current bun today and that says it all.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

And now Jonathan Ross has resigned... following Russell Brand, who resigned yesterday. :roll:

Unbelievable.. it was a gaff that went wrong. I find it hard to believe it was malicious.

An apology should have been the end of it, and how it has snowballed to such an extent that even Gordon Brown is commenting on it, is surely ridiculous. :oops:

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

g88ner wrote:And now Jonathan Ross has resigned... following Russell Brand, who resigned yesterday. :roll:

Unbelievable.. it was a gaff that went wrong. I find it hard to believe it was malicious.

An apology should have been the end of it, and how it has snowballed to such an extent that even Gordon Brown is commenting on it, is surely ridiculous. :oops:
ye gods it gets worse fuck me i heard worse at a football match and now three people have resigned the country has gone mad. :banghead: :banghead:

and the tart involved is the biggest *word censored* of all

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Radford149 wrote:
g88ner wrote:And now Jonathan Ross has resigned... following Russell Brand, who resigned yesterday. :roll:

ye gods it gets worse fuck me i heard worse at a football match and now three people have resigned the country has gone mad. :banghead: :banghead:

and the tart involved is the biggest c**t of all
Trial by media.

The press have nothing to report, so they sensationalised it to such an extent that 30,000 people complained to the BBC!

30,000!!! - and I bet hardly any of them even listen to th show.. or even knew it existed before this week! (I know I didn't)

They're like sheep. The media tells them it's a scandal, so they complain! pathetic. :roll:

For those who haven't heard the interview... (and it's really not the viscious attack I thought it would be!)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U7IHJ66wj9g

I'm not condoning what they did, but an apology and a public dressing down would surely have been sufficient.
- I can't believe 3 people have lost their jobs over this :oops:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Has Ross resigned? News websites are reporting that he has been suspended for 12 weeks.

NBM

Post by NBM »

Wayno wrote:Has Ross resigned? News websites are reporting that he has been suspended for 12 weeks.
Yeah, suspended for 3 months, but now people want him fired.

I might write a letter to the BBC complaining about their coverage of the complaints over the "scandal", then we can see if people will join in with my complaint about the complaint............... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

bullshit!!!

i dont think any1 should tell a joke ever again as it could land u in the shit...jonathan ross, russel brand, now jeremy clarkson.....as my facebook status blatenly says!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RaM

Post by RaM »

The reaction to this was a joke in itself. :roll:

I have to admit I thought the prank call to Sarah Palin from the guys pretending to be the French president was better though. :lol:

Still...like g88ner said, 30,000 sheep....