Fixtures 07/08

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
T.S

Fixtures 07/08

Post by T.S »

Fulham (H) - First day,

Spuds twice in 2007,

Pompey (A) - Boxing Day,

Chelsea (A), Bolton (A), Liverpool (H), ManUre (A) - nightmare 3 weeks in March/April.

Sunderland (A) - Last day.

Your thoughts, fellow Gooners?

exiled in notts

Post by exiled in notts »

I see our 2nd scheduled game against Newcastle has been postponed due to our Champions League qualifier. This might be a blessing, because with Fat Sam's thuggish hands on the helm I'm wondering whether Newcastle will become our new Bolton Wanderers and whether we'll be treated to the spectacle of our players getting kicked all over St. James' Park instead of the Reebok. Make a nice change for the lads.

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

instead of writing i done a blog on wat i think lol, sounds shit as im ill, but will update 1 wen i am better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWxp4aasS9o

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The thing that bugs the bollix off me is how many of those saturday fixtures will be suddenly moved to Sunday or Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday just to suit the TV shower?

It's a pain in the Bojo's trying to book hotels and book an early (cheapo) flight with LyingAir (oops - sorry, RyanAir) when the bleedin' match you plan to attend gets moved. :evil:

Oh, and add to that the hassle of booking a permission slip from the missus... :roll:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

exiled in notts wrote:I see our 2nd scheduled game against Newcastle has been postponed due to our Champions League qualifier.
Didn't this happen last season as well? Why can't they build this into their programming before the bloody thing gets published! Also - why allocate our longest away trip of the season as a guaranteed midweek match in the first place!!

exiled in notts

Post by exiled in notts »

According to the FA Premiership website, the progamme they use is provided by a bunch of clowns masquerading as IT suppliers. I don't want to write anything libellous, but let's just say that with them involved we're lucky we weren't drawn away at Cowdenbeath on the opening day.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

exiled in notts wrote:According to the FA Premiership website, the progamme they use is provided by a bunch of clowns masquerading as IT suppliers. I don't want to write anything libellous, but let's just say that with them involved we're lucky we weren't drawn away at Cowdenbeath on the opening day.
Aaaahhh... That makes it all so much clearer now. IT monkeys are a pox upon everything I tells ya! :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

(Apologies to any IT Gooners on here but IT in my company break my heart on a daily basis!) :roll:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Our IT guys are fantastic! Otherwise they would surely have banned us from using the onlinegooner from work as they have done with ebay & many others! God bless them!!

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Im pretty happy with the fixtures, we should be able to make a good start. Ideally we should win the first seven or eight games of the season to mount a title chalange.