Rumours

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chopper

Rumours

Post by Chopper »

Ah the summer, that lovely time of year for all Gooners where our best player is leaving us every year.

Anyway trawling through the various sites for any glimmer of hope came across the most likeliest rumour i have seen so far:

Trezeguet(who has told Juve he wants to leave) to join Arsenal at the end of next week as a cheap price as Juve still owe Arsenal money from the deal that took Vieira to Juve, Arsenal doing this to try and persuade Thierry Henry that his future lies at the club. The Gooners will not be buying any other big name players. From a very reliable source in AFC.
Darren R - Leicester

and clearly the most amusing given Martin O'Neill does know something about football:

Martin O'Neill will turn his sights on Phillipe Senderos after missing out on the free transfer of Titus Bramble.
Spencer Gregg - Birmingham

Bet he's gutted he couldn't pair both of them up!

exiled in notts

Post by exiled in notts »

After missing out on that partnership, maybe he'll go for the alternative dream ticket of Boumsong and Cygan.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Trez would do OK for us I reckon. True, he is knocking on a bit now but then we keep whinging on about a lack of experience in the squad.

I would be happy even if we signed a new tea lady right now as the silence from AG is deafening!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

green gooner wrote:Trez would do OK for us I reckon. True, he is knocking on a bit now but then we keep whinging on about a lack of experience in the squad.

I would be happy even if we signed a new tea lady right now as the silence from AG is deafening!
I agree in part. Not sure he'd cut it nowdays in the pace of the PL but his experience would be invaluable in CL.

exiled in notts

Post by exiled in notts »

Well if the fevered ramblings on the rumour sites are to be believed (which I guess they shouldn't be), we're about to sign either Malouda, Babel or Huntelaar (all "imminently" and on good authority from Mad Dave's brother who's seen them in Finsbury Park).

I Hate Hleb

WHO ARE YOU? WHO, WHO, WHO, WHO?

Post by I Hate Hleb »

exiled in notts wrote:Well if the fevered ramblings on the rumour sites are to be believed (which I guess they shouldn't be), we're about to sign either Malouda, Babel or Huntelaar (all "imminently" and on good authority from Mad Dave's brother who's seen them in Finsbury Park).
What? Couldn't he tell the difference between them? I wonder if 'Mad' Dave's word can be trusted? Perhaps there is a clue in his name! :wink:

By the way, David Trezeguet might be exactly what we have been crying out for up front. Namely, a goal-getting fox in the box, whose only interest is scoring goals - and lots of them. None of that mucking about on the edge of the box for him. The fact that he is a mate of TH14 is a bonus.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

The best bit with most is how these 'exclusives' are discovered. On the skysports site alone today we got the hot news thanks to:

a friend works on medical team at wigan
my uncle is the kit man at reading
my mate is a cleaner at newcastle
my dad is mates with the chief groundsman at everton
steve gibson was invited to my fathers party and he said middlesbrough are going to sign...
a friend of mine works in the ticket office at everton
a close friend of alan smith/nyron nosworthy says

They could at least make it semi believable as according to the above there are two people in liverpool with jobs!