babels come and get me plea

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
stearmaster

babels come and get me plea

Post by stearmaster »

Ajax striker Ryan Babel has paved the way for a £6m move to Arsenal by admitting it would be a 'dream' to work with Arsene Wenger.

Babel, 21, is seen as the long-term replacement to Thierry Henry, and he can't wait to play in the Premier League.

He said: "If I get the chance to train with Arsene Wenger it would be a dream. From when I was young I supported Arsenal - they style, the ambiance, how they show themselves on the field - everything.

"The Premier League is maybe the best league, a very high level. I know Robin van Persie who plays there very well, and he is a great person - I have a lot of phone contact.

"It is a normal thing for a young player to want to prove himself in the Premiership."

And a vid of the younggun to be

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tGw6lgmYrzo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yHb97WiYtIQ

more vids on youtube, jus type in his name

*ryan babel*

dose he remind you of any1???

T.S

Post by T.S »

Would be nice, but not gonna happen, I'm afraid

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

Why not? he looks a good player, 6m isn't out of our price range and if he want's to come here what's to stop him.

Rad

Babel

Post by Rad »

Babel looked pretty good for Dutch U-21's (scored a penalty) unlike some of his English rivals such as Lita, Nugent etc. It is no surprise Arsene shops abroad when clubs in England want mega bucks for players of that ilk. Darren Bent for 17 million!!!

I Hate Hleb

TALKING BABEL

Post by I Hate Hleb »

RAD,

I TAKE IT THAT YOU LIKE BABEL THEN! :wink:

HAVE TO SAY, FIRST HEARD ABOUT HIM TWO YEARS AGO WHEN HE WAS TOUTED AS THE NEXT SO-CALLED 'WONDER-KID' AND HAVE BEEN KEEPING HALF AN EYE ON HIM SINCE.

ALTHOUGH HE IS NOT THE FINISHED ARTICLE, I THINK HE MIGHT PROVE A GOOD INVESTMENT AS HE CAN PLAY LEFT, RIGHT OR THROUGH THE MIDDLE (REMIND YOU OF ANYONE?).

we_are_the_arsenal

Post by we_are_the_arsenal »

I also watch the u/21 game, Babel didnt look anything special, but Drenthe looked the goods. We should sign him instead.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

First time properly seen Babel and wasn't overly impressed although takes a good pen! Drenthe did look useful but was one off game so would want to see more of him first.

Lita had a shocker but thought Nugent did well, seemed to do all the donkey work for Lita, bet he wondered why he bothered when he saw the chances Lita missed.

Maybe we could get the Arsenal squad to do pre-season training with the Italian Under 21's as they were happy to shoot from anywhere.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

I really cant think of a reason for Arsene to not buy Babel. I think its worth investing in his talent.