Arsene is negotiating with Barca about selling Henry????????

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Drone

Arsene is negotiating with Barca about selling Henry????????

Post by Drone »

I just read at Sportinglife transfers center:
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has reportedly entered talks with Barcelona to sell Thierry Henry.
After weeks of speculation linking the French striker with a move out of North London, The Times claims the Arsenal manager met Ferran Soriano, the Spanish club's financial director, in Paris this week for preliminary discussions, though both parties remain some distance from agreeing Henry's transfer.
Henry sees this as possibly his last chance to move to Spain and, as with Patrick Vieira two years ago, Wenger may now decide the time is right to cash in on his biggest asset.
Wenger would like to include Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o as part of the deal, but the Spanish giants are reluctant to part with the player.
However, The Guardian, which also reports Wenger's clandestine meeting, says Barcelona might consider Eto'o surplus to requirements if Henry arrives.
But with the player himself signalling his determination to remain at the Nou Camp, it remains likely that Arsenal will have to accept a straight cash deal of around £20m if they offload their captain.
The Gunners have refused to comment on the reports

I'm tired of this crap, i think that Arsene and Henry as well should say in public if hi is leaving or if want to leave. Even if Arsene wana swap him with Eto'o. We are fans and supporters we deserve to know more about, not just lusing time writing and reading crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sory for my bad english!

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Speculation on the web is rampant at the minute! Starting to think there just might be something in it all :roll:

T.S

Post by T.S »

green gooner wrote:Speculation on the web is rampant at the minute! Starting to think there just might be something in it all :roll:
I did too, but then I stopped to think about it. There is absolutely no proof of this 'meeting' and given L'Équipe's track record of talking complete and utter shit, I wouldn't start writing Thierry off just yet.

Still, is it really that hard to come out and say "There is no truth in these stories. I'm staying at Arsenal and that's that."?

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

If Arsenal do except a £20 million bid for Henry the fans are being sold down the river.If Bent is worth £17 million Henry is 10 times the player he is.Why isn"t the starting price for Henry £50 million? Madrid paid £47 million for Zidane when he was 29. For Gods sake Henry still has three years left on his contract why are we considering letting him go on the cheap.What a shower our board of directors are.Come back DD.

T.S

Post by T.S »

donaldo wrote:If Arsenal do except a £20 million bid for Henry the fans are being sold down the river.If Bent is worth £17 million Henry is 10 times the player he is.Why isn"t the starting price for Henry £50 million? Madrid paid £47 million for Zidane when he was 29. For Gods sake Henry still has three years left on his contract why are we considering letting him go on the cheap.What a shower our board of directors are.Come back DD.
2 points:

1) If we do sell him, it will be for one reason and one reason only - he is unsettling the squad and it's got to the stage where we'll be a more harmonious place without him than with him. This was the case with Paddy, and because of our eagerness to get rid of him, Juve were able to get him at a snip (£13m). I can only imagine that this will be the reason behind Thierry leaving (IF he does) for £20m or less.

2) I think it was only in May (correct me if I'm wrong, fellow Gooners) that Arsene guaranteed that Thierry would be staying. Now, most of Arsene's reputation is built on him being a man of his word, so I really don't think he would break his word unless he absolutely had to - and if he did, he would go out of his fucking way to make sure we were in a decent position after it.

Barcelona can go and fucking do one. Come on Madrid on Sunday!

I Hate Hleb

TROPHIES? WHAT TROPHIES?

Post by I Hate Hleb »

IT'S FUNNY, BUT SINCE I WAS A KID I'VE ALWAYS HAD A LIKING FOR BARCELONA. THEY WERE MY SPANISH TEAM, AS JUVENTUS WERE MY ITALIAN ONES AND RANGERS MY SCOTTISH FAVOURITES.

HOWEVER, AFTER THE WAY THEY HAVE CONDUCTED THEMSELVES WITH REGARDS TO THIERRY, IT HAS ENSURED THAT I WILL BE SUPPORTING REAL MADRID THIS SUNDAY (ALTHOUGH, THEY ARE NO ANGELS EITHER!).

IF MADRID DO WIN THE LEAGUE, AS EXPECTED, IT WILL MEAN BARCELONA WILL HAVE WON FUCK-ALL!! SO, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME (TH14 PREFERABLY) WHY HENRY WOULD WANT TO LEAVE AN UNSUCCESSFUL CLUB (ARSENAL) TO JOIN ANOTHER UNSUCCESSFUL CLUB (BARCELONA)? DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME. BUT THEN AGAIN WHAT DOES IN THIS GREED DRIVEN SPORT/BUSINESS WE CALL FOOTBALL?

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

It has always sounded to me as if henry was being told to keep quiet about whether he was staying. i think that may be a matter of the club wanting to sell him as opposed to him wanting to move, as much as i hate to say it we're in debt and he's worth a lot, after all priceless posessions quickly aquire a price when you need the money.