New Anthem - Sit Down

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the_gooner89

New Anthem - Sit Down

Post by the_gooner89 »

I would love to think this talk about a new anthem would come off but i truly beleive it wont happen.

This is due to the lack of support of the arsenal supporters around the stadium. I love to get up and have a good sing, given the chance i would sing all day for arsenal at the emirates but all i here is "sit down". This is the reason i try to get to alot more away games even though i went to all the home ones it gets a bit sad when you want to show a bit of passion and support and your confronted with 'sit down', 'out the way'. Its getting far to common

I think the anthem would be great but the only thing you could sing is good old arsenal, the only song that would get some attention from the fans and the club. But then you would'nt recieive the YNWA feeling!

Let us know what you think
Rik

rambo

Post by rambo »

defeatist opinions you have there. it will work if we all put effort into it, otherwise we might as well feck off and forget bout it

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

With the songs to choose from apart from, he aint my brother you may aswell do that mate.

Arsenal v Blackburn - FA cup Worst match ive been to over the past four years, if you were there you would probally agree.

Why is it we only sing when we are wining but when we are away winning/losing were awesome, one of the best, if not the best!

Im not agaisnt it, im in favour but unless we start creating an atmosphere nameing the stands, bring the clock in, get a bit of our history going round the stadium to make it home then get the anthem going.