Anyone hear Palmer on the radio?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
we_are_the_arsenal

Anyone hear Palmer on the radio?

Post by we_are_the_arsenal »

apparently he was just on not long ago and said we have 3 new signings and wont be announced until finalised due to the u/21 comp. They are Bakary Sagna (for £6.75million), Ryan Babel from (for £6million) and David Trezeguet (for £8million)

anyone hear it or can add anything?
Last edited by we_are_the_arsenal on Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Sounds good, but isn't that 3 not 2?

we_are_the_arsenal

yeh sorry meant 3

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Buy 2, get 1 free?

Who is "Palmer"? Carlton?

we_are_the_arsenal

Myles Palmer, has a site

www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk

also wrote the book "the professor".

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

False hope is all part of being an Arsenal fan I am afraid. Love to see these guys arrive but I doubt it. Hope I am very wrong but!

Sicc

Post by Sicc »

8million for Trezeguet? thats ridiculous...rather spend 9 or 8 on either owen or anelka...

Trezeguet is past it and is a lazy footballer in my opinion

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Not sure what we need another right back for. We needed cover on the left for Clichy. And i agree with Sicc, 8 million is a bit too much to spend for a player like Trezeguet, he is lazy, he is past his prime, he didnt have all that an impressive season even playing in the Serie B. If he isnt good enough for Juventus whose style of play suits him, he wont be good at Arsenal.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

The only benefit of Trez these days is as a sweetner for TH.

Rad

Post by Rad »

Why do we need a sweetener for TH? Is he picking the team now? It doesn't show any ambition to get someone in of Trezeguet's age who is untested in the Premiership and who last season played in Serie B against the likes of Rimini!