Thierry Henry COMPLETES move to Barca!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
T.S

Thierry Henry COMPLETES move to Barca!!!

Post by T.S »

Not...

Slow news day, so I thought I'd try to get a bit of a discussion going. The idea behind this one is simple: what is your favourite Arsenal moment that you were there to witness?

I'd imagine that most people will choose a goal scored down the years. Some might go for a more unconventional route (Mills getting done by TH14 in the corner a few years back (although that'd be a bit sad if that were your favourite Arsenal moment of all time!)).

I'll start with mine. I'd love to say MT's goal at Anfield, but unfortunately, I wasn't at the game. TH14's goal against the scum at Highbury in 2006 was an awesome one, but the one that really sticks out in my mind was Dennis' goal to equalise at Villa Park against Man Utd (F.A. Cup semi-final (The Ryan Giggs Game ©®). We were in the Hoult End (I think) and the place just went fucking mental. It was a great atmosphere all night, actually. Standing up the whole way. Shame that Welsh twat had to go and ruin it for everyone!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Mine is when Pires equalised against Lazio in Rome in 2000. We had been taunted and treated like shit all game by their fans and the local police and there had been that nasty, rascist abuse all through the game. I remember Grimandi punching that thug Mihalovic in the face at one point!

I remember Pires getting the ball and running from the halfway line before sticking it over their keeper for one-one. We all went crazy and returned the Romans abuse tenfold!

Looking back at it now, it was the first time Arsenal went away to a big ground and did well in The Champions League, if only we had capitalised on it since with a trophy or two!

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

Got to be T.A's goal against everton in 1998 it was the first time i was there to see us win anything. we already knew we had the championship but that moment really put the icing on the cake. i'll also always remember feeling the north bank bouncing up and down (i was on the upper tier, near the front) as rocking all over the world blared out over the speakers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Freddie's equaliser against ManUre 2001, just before barthez lost the plot and gave us two gifts. I just knew once Fred had scored we'd win the game and go on and win the league. There was a great atmosphere that rainy sunday, one of the best I've experienced at THOF. 8)

2nd place goes to Sol's equaliser against Barca in Paris. My mate Benjy and I were in one of the "nuetral" UEFA side stands (surrounded by unsegregated Barca and other Gooners). For a while there after he scored it was "good old Arsenal" we were champions of Europe, we were gonna do it at last, one nil - the classic Gunner score line and all, backs to the wall defending, the whole deal. :lol:

Awesome, heady stuff. And I was there to see it, after 30 years of waiting. 30 Years muddafukkas!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

And then those bastards Barcalona went and shattered my dreams and the dreams of millions of Gooners. :cry:

I still f*cking dream about it. Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat, feeling sick to my stomach that we came so so f*cking close. :(

I may never get over it...

T.S

Post by T.S »

DB10GOONER wrote:Sol's equaliser against Barca in Paris
I wish...

Hagbard 23

Post by Hagbard 23 »

My favorite moment (after a fair bit of thought) takes us all a fair way back down memory lane, it was at the end of the 90-91 season we was already crowned champions and we battered Coventry City 6-1. What a day out! I will never forget it, Ian Wrights antics were hilarious.I think we only lost once all season and if anyone had the cheek to actually score against us we were truly shocked! Happy Days. ps if anyone could tell me the scorers that day it'd be great cos I can't remember for the life of me.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

FROM MEMORY: LIMPAR GOT THREE; ALAN SMITH 1; PERRY GROVES 1 AND AN OWN GOAL.

Hagbard 23

Post by Hagbard 23 »

Nice one Hlebby! was you there?

T.S

Post by T.S »

Yep, that's how it happened. So I'm told, the attendance was 41,039 - remember the corners at Highbury?!

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

For me this one is not about goals but it was the sight of Marc Overmars in full flight down the wing, right in front of me, chasing and catching a ball bound for the touchline. Pace, skill and ability from an all time great :D

redstevo

Post by redstevo »

Are you psychic or something?

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

So many to choose from but for me it was probably Bobby's winner in the 2001 FA Cup semi final versus the Spuds at Old Trafford. From the moment they went 1 up we simply murdered them and the noise created by the Gooners was immense. We were sat down by the corner flag and were right behind Wiltord when he stuck the low cross over. We could see Bobby coming in at the back post but the cross seemed to go in slow motion off Wiltords boot and it looked like Spud defenders might block before it got to Bobby. Every one in our section seemed to pause, hold their breath and everyone had hold of each, poised ready to celebrate. The ball duly arrived at Bobby's feet, back of the net and the place went f*cking mental!!! The Years Ends in 1 but we still beat the Scum went the chant!!

A very close 2nd was the 2nd leg of the Cup Winners Cup semi v PSG in 1993. Great atmosphere, super Kevin Campbell putting us 1 up early, Dicko sticking Ginola in the crowd everytime he touched the ball and Dave Seaman, TA and Uncle Boudly blocking everything that came near our goal in a second half that felt 2 hours long!! 1 nil to the Arsenal was born!!!

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Quality memories geez. The one nil chant did come from this tie but it was PSG away game that started it. Awsome

AFC
C'MON

deluded_gooner

Post by deluded_gooner »

The irony of the name of this thread...only and hour before the it actually happened...

I Hate Hleb

LET'S HANG HIM!!

Post by I Hate Hleb »

TONY SAUNDERS,

YOU FUCKING JINX!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: