Arsenes Role

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DDignam

Arsenes Role

Post by DDignam »

If the BBC article is true then what is arsenes role in all this.

I have said myself in previous posts that the board have some questions to answer if they let henry go for 16m, with no relaistic chance of rpelacing him for that much

Then it hit me, AW has taken deins role in transfers, bashing out the deals.
If this is teh deal he has managed then he has teh answering to do. How can he let him go for that, he must have a replacment (and i dont mean bable, i mean a proven player). If AW is going to leave next summer ide rather him leave no, take all this in one hit. He and teh board will have to explain this deal to the fans, players and trabsfer targets, from where im siiting it looks like the worse piece of transfer delaing we have done (and lately we have had some baddun)

augie

Post by augie »

:( I don't for one minute believe that anyone other than Arsene Wenger sanctioned this deal but I have problems with him over this deal it is not in the same way that everybody seems to have. Wenger hasl always let his players go too easy for my liking and this is just another case of that. It doesn't seem to matter that henry had 3 years left on his contract or that last season barca were offering twice what they appear to be paying now because one of arsene's "sons" wanted out and he was willing to let him go. I do not believe for 1 second that he is selling him on the cheap because he is joining barca himself next season. I do however feel that it is a problem for the club now trying to convince the existing players and potential new players of a prosperous future when the manager will not discuss his contract before it runs out next summer. Of course we could all be very wrong here - arsene may have decided that henry's best days were gone and with the £16m fee he will be able to bring in replacements to make our team even better. Heres hoping eh ?