Post every reason to be optimistic

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DanielD

Post every reason to be optimistic

Post by DanielD »

After 4 hours of me trying to sleep ridiculously, i just said to myself that no matter what happens, i have to think positive. So....

I think that Henry's departure will give all of our young strikers a chance to shine when they now have huge chance to give themselves first team football, because when tel is fit, he is a banker on the starting line-up. So Walcott and Bendtner, you got your chance, now (more than ever) we need you to take it!

Wenger will now have the biggest challenge of his career and i think he is ready to face it. We need Arsene, if we want to win anything.

When you're breaking up with someone, you always seem to remember the positive things of this person. Thierry is getting old and injuries will become a regular routine for him. If he was staying with us, we would have a key player that is injured 50% of the season. Now that he's gone, we know that there are no excuses for lack of goals.

Please, post your positive opinions, otherwise, we'll all go insane.

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

Just seen a comment on thierry's barca move from a united fan:

"Big loss but u will cope; to be honest I don¿t think his heart was in it for a couple of seasons now. Sure many of you would disagree though. He always choose to let speculation about him go grow and grow each pre-season rather than killing it at the bud. Your club will get over this, its part of football. You still have wenger, cesc, toure, gallas, clichey, rvp, gilberto, walcott...etc..etc...Some of you are already talking about not making the top four next season...that's way of the mark. after united sold there top goal scorer and replaced him with carrick (underrated by many)look what happened to many peoples surprise....im not trying to patronise arsenal fans, but I genuinely believe u will come through this stronger and for the better "

norn irish red

Post by norn irish red »

at least we mite get a few shots from outside the area now.Van persie top scorer next season in the prem....you mark my words!!

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Positives:

A proper captain
No more speculation this summer
£16m quid (i was going to mention the negative £9m plus we should have got but this post is about positives!)
Lower wage bill
More incentive for Walcott/Bendtner
More balance to the team