Who should replace Henry?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
demzy

Who should replace Henry?

Post by demzy »

Who would you like to see replace henry?

Here are my choices:

~ Berbatov - great player, but very unlikely tho, very expensive and he plays for the scum

~ Torres - would be a great replacement, but would he come now henry's left

~ Babel - the most likely choice to come in. played well at U21 championship, and can still improve

~ Owen/Martins - both been linked, and would love to see one of them at the emirates. anyone remember the time when martins destroyed us at highbury with inter.

Geordie

Post by Geordie »

You can have Owen for 9 million - he never plays and only stirs himself when there's a major international tournament. Martins is hugely inconsistent sometimes struggles to trap a medicine ball and has the vision of a mole :roll:

demzy

Post by demzy »

You wernt saying that when he spanked in that shot at shite hart lane. :wink:

Geordie

Post by Geordie »

doesnt do it often enough for 10 million quid, two or three times a season- you haven't seen the comlpetely ineffective games of shite he played for the last 15 games.

we_are_the_arsenal

Post by we_are_the_arsenal »

Anelka, buy him for 8-10 mill. only 28 so still has some good years a head of him.

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

16 million

10 million anelka
5 million bable

get both

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Out of those choices Berbatov or Torres, we need someone with a big reputation, ability and goals.

Babel is a great prospect but we need a 'talisman' to ease the pressure, not just top up a squad already overflowing with young talent. Def would like us signing Babel but as with Drenthe post feel there are more priorities now than him.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Torres seems to be the option 'cos Eto'o would have been part of the Henry deal. Somehow can't see mr Wenger spending that sort of cash though.

mcmark27

Post by mcmark27 »

Owen- 9 million: Will finish off our moves

Babel- 6 million: Speed and skill but needs some work

Gudjohnson- 7 million: Skillful playmaker

Would also love Eto'o but it wont happen!

V Persie, Adebayor, Owen, Babel, Bentdner and Walcott!!! We would have the best strike force even without henry!!!

augie

Post by augie »

8) Not especially a fan of owen but where he would not have been a player that could have fitted in at arsenal a few years ago he could do so now(assuming he is fit). Would not want that big lazy c*nt barbietov under ant circumstances. My own choice would be either eto or torres. I do believe we could get either of them if wengers future was commited to the club but as things stand am doubtful on both counts. i thought torres was a cert with jose & cash going the other way and hopefully will be proved right. i still feel goals wise andy johnson would be a good fit for us but right now the player we sign needs to be high profile as well as high quality

Diggle gooner

Post by Diggle gooner »

we don't need to panic buy.Every club in Europe will try to take us to the cleaners thinking we are desperate for a striker.Remember the silly amounts Chelsea used to pay before the russian and Newcastle have always paid for mediocroty.There are good strikers at the club already
Van Persie,Adebyor,Walcott,Bendtner and even Jose Antonio Reyes?
Would he now fancy a return? Don't forget the African cup of nations next
january and february will cost us three quality players.We may want to look at stengthening the defence before a so called big name up front we
may not neccessarily need.keep smiling.

Diggle gooner

Post by Diggle gooner »

we don't need to panic buy.Every club in Europe will try to take us to the cleaners thinking we are desperate for a striker.Remember the silly amounts Chelsea used to pay before the russian and Newcastle have always paid for mediocroty.There are good strikers at the club already
Van Persie,Adebyor,Walcott,Bendtner and even Jose Antonio Reyes?
Would he now fancy a return? Don't forget the African cup of nations next
january and february will cost us three quality players.We may want to look at stengthening the defence before a so called big name up front we
may not neccessarily need.keep smiling.

gooner770

Post by gooner770 »

Arsene knows what he's going to do. We have trusted him so far and we have had 10 years of wonderful football under his guidance.

He will probably end up buying a player no-one has every heard of (Toure, Anelka, Vieria, Petitt etc)

If it was me and I had 16m Henry 2m Aliadiere and maybe 10m Reyes

I would sign Babel and that would be it. Two players for every position and make Toure skipper
We will win the league next season and the champions league.

Keep the faith

gooner770

Post by gooner770 »

Arsene knows what he's going to do. We have trusted him so far and we have had 10 years of wonderful football under his guidance.

He will probably end up buying a player no-one has every heard of (Toure, Anelka, Vieria, Petitt etc)

If it was me and I had 16m Henry 2m Aliadiere and maybe 10m Reyes

I would sign Babel and that would be it. Two players for every position and make Toure skipper
We will win the league next season and the champions league.

Keep the faith

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

Fernando Torres - Arsene get in there with a bid.

An Anelka return would be 'interesting' to say the least