Let's be positive: Remember the Invincibles?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
proudtosaythatname

Let's be positive: Remember the Invincibles?

Post by proudtosaythatname »

It really does feel as though someone (or at least something) has died. Can I suggest anyone who feels this way (and there seem to be quite a few) reads Henry's ('exclusive') letter of explanantion in today's Sun and Simon Barnes waxing lyrical in The Times on Thierry's contribution to the Invincibles. Together they are helping me to come to terms with our sad loss. Could do likewise if you feel the same as me.

After all, life must go on. From his letter I'm beginning to understand (if not completely condone) TH's point of view and think about the good times he gave us - Liverpool, Inter Milan, Roma, Liverpool again, Blackburn etc etc etc. But for now...Devastated.

Basil is a Gooner

Lets be positive

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Yes I agree with you. Having read the articles he seems to say that this decision is one taken out of uncertainty for his future and a need for security.
Sadly, it has resulted in a mix of emotions from the Gooner community, although no-one can deny the history he has helped create for us.
No man is bigger than any club and I am sure that many other talented players will rise through the ranks at the Grove, but for the meantime, I for one am really sad to see him go without a real chance to say goodbye.

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

Good point about the lack of opportunity to say goodbye

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

Howabout we bring barcelona into the emirates cup, make them have to play heney, and we can give him a proper send off a bit like bergkamps testimonial.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Like it and charge them the nine million they should owe us to enter!