WHO DO YOU BLAME FOR THIERRY'S DEPARTURE?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

WHO DO YOU BLAME FOR HENRY'S DEPARTURE?

THIERRY HENRY
23%
ARSENE WENGER
No votes
THE BOARD
39%
THE BOARD
39%
OUR STADIUM DEBT
No votes
DAVID DEIN
No votes

Total votes: 31

Eboue Can't Defend

WHO DO YOU BLAME FOR THIERRY'S DEPARTURE?

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Self explanatory really.

Who do think is at fault for the transfer of our best player?

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I was going to say Mr Dein but the board forced him to leave.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Has to be the board as they could have kept Dein which started this whole domino effect.

Think TH should have stayed at least another season but see positives for the good things his leaving is doing. Maybe he knows that his injury will affect him and didn't want to give us any more seasons like last, plus his fee would have dropped even more.....I did say maybe!

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

The decision was mostly likely a mixture of Henry and Arsene, but probably more Henry than Arsene. So Henry for me. I dont think "David Dean leaving and unsettling environment at the club" are good excuses for a club legend and to add to that a club captain to give. Kinda sounds like the captain jumping ship.

Why didnt the people have Eboue taking those pics with Giselle knowing Henry wouldnt be an Arsenal player? lol

GlosGooner70

Post by GlosGooner70 »

Not sure "blame" is the right description...methinks it is a combination of last season's events....

But maybe a question ...Put these in order of who you would MOST like to see in the red and white next season..

Arsene, Cesc, Thierry........

Yoiu see, it is bad news, but it could have been much much worse !!

But lets thank Thierry for what he has given us in his stay, and look forward to giving him a "Vieira style" welcome when we meet again !!!

N22Gooner

Post by N22Gooner »

If anyone's to blame it's thierry

gunner67

Post by gunner67 »

I have to agree with Arseblog on this one. What does the board have to do with Thierry? He's a footballer isn't he??
If the board changed at my place of work I wouldn't start getting huffy about it!!
Thierry went because he wanted to go. He was wonderful to watch, one of the best players I've seen at Highbury/Ashburton. Now he's gone, just like Vieira, Brady, Overmars and Petit etc etc....
I can't help thinking tho that if Thierry had gone last season we would've been blaming this "poor" season on him and the Board not buying someone in. In my opinion we missed Van Persie more than Thierry last season, so maybe now is the time to sell and move on. Adieu Thierry, you were wonderful to watch!
Bon Voyage!!

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Gunnerz4life wrote:Why didnt the people have Eboue taking those pics with Giselle knowing Henry wouldnt be an Arsenal player? lol
Oh, I see! Going for the Beauty and the Beast angle, eh?

Maybe they were concerned that Eboue wouldn't get his positioning right? :?

Could be they thought that instead of looking at the desired object (the cameras/watch/Giselle?), Eboue might lose concentration and find his mind wandering elsewhere? :? :x

It might also of been because they feared Eboue might throw himself on to the floor in the event that he and Giselle had the slightest brushing of shoulders in the close-ups!! :roll: :roll: :(

Surely a better choice would have been Keown or even Hleb? :shock: I mean, as well as the aforementioned Beauty/Beast analogy, both (in their very different ways) are good at winding people up!! :wink:

Mind you, if you think about it more, Thierry was probably the ideal person to do the photo-shoot - what with his subsequent comments on it being the right time to leave. I mean, if you don't know the right time when you've got one of those big-ass, expensive Swiss watches on, then when will you? :wink: :lol:

I BLAME EBEL!!! :x :lol:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Are his beloved David Dein going to be at Brcelona? No!

Thierry choose as he knew his time was up and so did Arsene!

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Are his beloved David Dein going to be at Brcelona? No!

Thierry choose as he knew his time was up and so did Arsene!

I Hate Hleb

BLAME GAME? - THEY ARE ALL LAME!

Post by I Hate Hleb »

THE WHOLE BLOODY LOT OF THEM!! :x :x

EACH ONE HAD AN EFFECT TO SOME EXTENT AND IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER: NEW STADIUM=DEBT=CUT BACKS=BOARDROOM SQUABBLES=UNHAPPINESS=EXIT!!