The next Arsenal Captain . . . . . .

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who should the next skipper be ?

Gilberto
36%
Toure
57%
Cesc
4%
Cesc
4%

Total votes: 28

gooner770

The next Arsenal Captain . . . . . .

Post by gooner770 »

Let the next skipper be someone who can motavite the team and the fans.

Vote for one of the players below or someone else.

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

I was gonna do the exact same post, 2 great minds think alike, lol... :D

we have cesc-to young, lehmann well his a nutter, but can see the whole of the pitch, but intervines when unessercerry, soo when it is nessercerry as captasin to interviene he will be in alot more trouble
toure gets my vote a good strong player, seems like he wants to win the game.
gallas well, his french so he could get the nod.
gilberto silva, prooved a good leader when called upon gets goals and also seems like he wants to wwin games

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

I think that Freddie should be included too, longest serving guy on the team and he's already the swedish captain. Even if Freddie was nominated, i wouldn't pick him, its gotta be Kolo. the guy has no ego whatsoever, he is already a great leader of our defence and he seems to be assertive when needed.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

It has to be the Kolo!

The man is a legend in the making in my eyes!

gus ceasar is a legend

It has to be the Kolo!

gus ceasar is a legend

It has to be the Kolo!

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

King Kolo for Captain. He is the only man in the squad with the balls to give people a bollocking. He wont be scared of pissing people off 'cos he knows he has respect. People look to Toure for inspiration and he can deliver, bringing the ball out of defence and driving the team forward.

gus ceasar is a legend

Vote Gus Ceasar!

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

I would rather Julius Ceasar! :wink: :lol:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

kOLO IS A LEADER GILBERTO ISN"T IT MUST BE KING KOLO.I"M NOT SURE GILBERTO WILL START EVERY GAME IF DIABY IS FIT,

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

tenementfunster5 wrote:King Kolo for Captain. He is the only man in the squad with the balls to give people a bollocking. He wont be scared of pissing people off 'cos he knows he has respect. People look to Toure for inspiration and he can deliver, bringing the ball out of defence and driving the team forward.
In that case Jens will be ideal lol.

I dont know really, i dont really see Kolo as a natural leader, we are lacking in that department in the current squad.

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I think the captain has got to be somebody who will be playing every week and will Gilberto be playing every game next season ? I dont think he will with Denilson coming through and Diaby too. For me it has to be Kolo

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

don't forget that Kolo isn't gonna play in whole january as well. I don't think this is the biggest factor. If Henry was staying, we you'd have to think that he won't be playing a lot of matches because of injuries and he would have been skipper nonetheless.

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

don't forget that Kolo isn't gonna play in whole january as well. I don't think this is the biggest factor. If Henry was staying, we you'd have to think that he won't be playing a lot of matches because of injuries and he would have been skipper nonetheless.

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

True Daniel D ! I never though Thierry should have been skipper anyway ! But I still expect Toure to play more matches this season than Gilberto and I think he can turn into a real leader.