grimandi will be next manager

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
columoz

grimandi will be next manager

Post by columoz »

grimandi will be the next manager.dont laugh!already head scout in france and is being tipped for deins old role!i think theres a good chance wengers lining him up!

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

he is french after all

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

No chance in the world, they will let the Grimster be our manager.
Our next manager will have to be either a world class on (Capello, Rijkaard, Van Basten) or a legend (Bergkamp, Adams).

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Grimandi is a Legend!

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

I meant super-legends.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Super legends like Gus!

I would go for..........I actually have no idea!

Van Basten tho stands out for me at the moment!

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

I think our next manager is gonna have to be dutch. Arsenal need to continue play attacking football (which excludes Koeman) and most of the great dutch managers are up with that. Dennis is both. dutch and a super-legend, we should take him!

gus ceasar is a legend

One problem with DB10!

From what I remember he said he never wants to be a manager!

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

Van basten with dennis playing a rolw with P rice. P rice will be pushing on a bit soon also

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

DanielD wrote:No chance in the world, they will let the Grimster be our manager.
Our next manager will have to be either a world class on (Capello, Rijkaard, Van Basten) or a legend (Bergkamp, Adams).
Rijkaard isnt world class, Capello is too defensive. I like the sound of Van Basten but hes kinda unproven. The man who ticks most of the boxes for me is Gus Hiddink.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

DanielD wrote:No chance in the world, they will let the Grimster be our manager.
I am sorry but this is rubbish

Van Basten and Rijkaard were world-class players. But Van Basten has been a manager for two minutes and Rijkaard is not as highly regarded as his former number two at Barcelona, who I believe now manages Ajax.

And very rarely does an Italian Manager come to manage in England, for varying reasons.

As for Adams and Bergkamp, I give you Hoddle and Ardiles.

Arsene Wenger had a huge amount of knowledge and ideas that he had picked up and worked with, ready to find a blank canvas on which to put them all together. He found it. And the result was magnificent. But who knew of him.

Just throwing plenty of names around like that makes us sound like the desperate tossers from Shite Hart Lane.

gus ceasar is a legend

I said Van Basten as its said hes very forward thinking and uses a lot of new ideas that others have not grasped yet! Remind you of anyone?

Quitesimply I dont think you can replace the proffesor!

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

Galasso wrote:
I am sorry but this is rubbish

Van Basten and Rijkaard were world-class players. But Van Basten has been a manager for two minutes and Rijkaard is not as highly regarded as his former number two at Barcelona, who I believe now manages Ajax.

And very rarely does an Italian Manager come to manage in England, for varying reasons.

As for Adams and Bergkamp, I give you Hoddle and Ardiles.

Arsene Wenger had a huge amount of knowledge and ideas that he had picked up and worked with, ready to find a blank canvas on which to put them all together. He found it. And the result was magnificent. But who knew of him.

Just throwing plenty of names around like that makes us sound like the desperate tossers from Shite Hart Lane.
For me, Rijkaard or Van Basten are the way to go, when i said world class about them, i meant that they will be world class for us, like wenger was.
Did you know wenger was world class before he came to Arsenal?

As for Cappelo, i too think he should'nt be our manager, but he's a candidate nonetheless.
I find in Bergkamp, great managering potential (simplified: great potential to be a manager), because he's more smart (football smart) than skilfull and Dennis's skills are right up there, so he must be smart like footballing Einstein.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

DanielD

Thank you for clarifying your position, because what you have said now is not what I was replying to. And I already made that point re AW, as you can see from my post.

However, I am glad that you have expanded your argument.

Can I ask you why you don't think Capello should be our next manager, whenever that may be?

gunner67

Post by gunner67 »

Next manager- who knows?? But we'll get plenty of quality interest when Arsene finally does go. I have to admit that that day will be a day to be sad. Arsene has made Arsenal into a quality side. Didn't we once have the smallest ground in London?